Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 221 to 240 of 280

roy130390

@bimmy-lee I saw you playing and thought about sending you a co-op invitation but since I didn't know how much you advanced at the time I didn't wanted to spoil the surprise of the last levels. Glad to see that you are enjoying it as much as I am mate, the wait felt really long haha.

@Joeynator3000 The turtles get considerably stronger quite fast in story mode and you can replay levels to level up. You'll also unlock stronger moves so don't sweat it if some levels give you some trouble specially at the beginning. There's crashes, mostly on multiplayer and it does seem to happen with certain stuff like when leaving parties and joining others. Aside from that the experience has been quite good for me and they are probably working on that.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee I bet it is worth it. I've just watched the animated intro of the game and I got goosebumps

I have an awesome idea for a Donatello + Raphael sculpture as well

Edited on by Zuljaras

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I’ve been kinda obsessing over it and every time I’m playing, you’re either already playing or log on while I’m playing, haha! It’s such a delight when a piece of media you’ve been anticipating not only meets expectations, but crashes through them and leaves you giddy. I’ve been through story mode once. The last few levels are incredible. I’m working on it again with my wife, we got to level 10 last night. I got about that far in arcade mode with my kids as well. After we finish our story mode run tonight, I’ll be open for some online multi. Is that where you’ve gotten crashes? It’s the only mode I haven’t played and haven’t had a crash yet in solo and local multi.

@Zuljaras - Ah, the wheels have been set in motion on the next masterpiece then. Only thing better than one Turtle is TWO Turtles. Be sure to let us know when you update your progress, I look forward to seeing it.

@Joeynator3000 - There’s no shame in playing on easy. Go for it, just as long as you enjoy your investment. Agreed with everything Roy said, and I’ll add a few tidbits. A couple general bmup tricks are to always be working on crowd control, take out higher level bads first (especially projectile bads), and try not to focus directly on your character. Try to see the entire screen and make note of the bad’s tells. Each variety of bad does the same thing every time.

For this game specifically, make good use of the dodge roll, it’s invincible and cancels out of combos. Always meditate between screens and max out your special meter. There’s also a pretty simple combo that will get you all the way through the game: strike x 4, pop up (strike + jump), jump kick, land, strike x 4... and so on. Some of the bosses are pattern recognition, and some should simply be brutalized. If you’re struggling with finesse, try just beating the crap out of them at the expense of your own health bar. Mostly, just have fun!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Truegamer79

I just had my first really tough time with this game. The level with Baxter stockman kept kicking my ass. I could get to him okay but all those damn mousers everywhere that wouldn't give me a chance to recharge my special move were making it difficult. Plus Baxter stays in the air most of the time and I couldn't get a hit on him between being chomped to death by mousers and him doing that shield thing where you can't hurt him. The level took me three tries until i got it.

Truegamer79

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Yeah haha I'm playing the game as much as I'm able! I already maxed out Leonardo, Casey, Mikey, Splinter and I'm playing with April now. I wonder if characters level up/get upgrades equally faster? I kinda felt like Splinter took me more time than the others. It's nice that you are having such a great time with your family, I also played a bit with my girlfriend and my brother. Tell me when you are ready to play or even send an invitation and I'll join mate.

Yeah, the crashes are happening mostly in multiplayer online, fortunately the game is so fast to start and load that they aren't that annoying, but they are somewhat frequent.

Edited on by roy130390

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - Wow, you’re doing great. My progress slowed a bit yesterday, but we’re gonna do some local multi this afternoon, and I’ll probably play tonight. What time zone are you in? I’m in the Midwest US on Eastern daylight.

One thing I’ve noticed regarding leveling characters is that I think it happens slower in multiplayer because you’re splitting enemies and it doesn’t appear there’s extra sushi point bonuses; so you’re splitting those as well. I had Leo to level 10 way before the stretch run in story mode when I played solo, and I’m definitely behind that pace this time playing story mode in multiplayer Mikey and April.

@Truegamer79 - I definitely do not enjoy that Baxter fight. It’s the only boss fight that I didn’t enjoy. It’s just like the fight in the original arcade game, and I didn’t like it then either. I can’t think of a flying boss battle in any bmup that’s anything better than annoying.

limby-bee was a jerk.

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Here (México, Yucatán) it's Central Time Zone. Right now it's about 3:46 P.M. Any time that it's good for your is fine by me!

Yeah, I guess that playing with others actually slowed down my leveling up. Fortunately, the game is so fun that I don't mind it haha.

Tasuki

Finally started this game and I am loving it!!! This is the Turtle game we should have gotten after Turtles in Time, not sure why it took someone this long to figure that out. I love the fact that there's so much to do which adds to the replay value. Plus all the little nods to previous Turtle stuff is just awesome.

Now all I need is for the collection to hurry up and release.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bimmy-lee

After completing story mode twice, I did notice a couple weird bugs on the second playthrough. The first time I played, I rescued the Neutrinos and collected the crystals to complete their special request, but the path on the map never opened; so I couldn’t trade the crystals in and get the bonus points. There’s also a special ending screen at the end of the credits that didn’t appear the first time I beat it. Hopefully there’s a patch to iron this stuff out.

@roy130390 - Nice, you’re just across the gulf then and only slightly west of me. I’m only an hour ahead of you. Looks like my fam has to burn through another round of Covid. I just got symptoms yesterday. Give me a couple days, and I’ll be back to Foot stomping.

I beat story mode on four player yesterday and everyone still got leveled up to 10 by the end of the story. There’s some weird balancing issues going on regarding leveling up, you could be right that some characters level slower than others, though I doubt it’s intentional. Bet there’s a patch at some point to balance it out.

@Tasuki - It’s so good, have fun! It’s such an arcade game. I may be a bit too nostalgic, but I even love how some of the voicework gets drowned out by sound effects and some of the text passes by too fast to read it all. It’s a pure arcade experience.

limby-bee was a jerk.

YANDMAN

Anybody getting any crashes or bugs? I just did two player arcade and it crashed at the Shredder battle. Both players disappeared from screen and shredder was moving around in the centre. I also cannot join any online games, it just throws out and says "check internet" when the internet is fine.

YANDMAN

Truegamer79

Okay so the technodrome level Is really starting to annoy me! Those dang charging rock dudes that i can't remember the name of keep killing me.

Truegamer79

Tasuki

@Truegamer79 I think you are talking about the Stone Warriors

@bimmy-lee Dude I am loving it. And I love all the Easter Eggs and references they included just not TMNT but other Konami Arcade games as well. I am very pleased with this game and can't wait for my physical copy to show up.

My Backlog

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Of course mate, I hope that you and your family feel better soon.

@Truegamer79 I usually evade them and hit them once they get stunned or just jump and do a special attack which usually instantly kills them.

Truegamer79

I Finally managed to beat Chromedome so that's a relief! So far that's been the hardest level at least for me. I'm kinda wondering if you get anything special for completing those requests Like finding Erma's diaries or Vernon's vhs tapes.

Truegamer79

rockodoodle

I think I might actually get this on Switch, even tho it’s on Gamepass lt just seems like something that should be played in handheld mode.

rockodoodle

roy130390

@Losermagnet Leo is my favourite too so I understand Magician mate haha. I take the 2003 series, comics and turtles and batman movie as reference as honestly I don't think the 80s cartoon is a good way to see the characters personalities. It really hasn't aged well in my opinion. Leo may be disciplined, but he still has humour, he's smart and he accomplished being the best through hard work. I understand the appeal of the others but Leo is the best for me.

Oh and about the other two:

Shredder, not even close. He's the absolute best.

Pepperoni. I'm a basic dude haha.

Edited on by roy130390

Watchman

rockodoodle wrote:

I think I might actually get this on Switch, even tho it’s on Gamepass lt just seems like something that should be played in handheld mode.

It should be played in every mode.

Watchman

Tasuki

So I finished my first playthrough this morning and this game is my GOTY without a doubt. Everything was perfect with this game.

I finished this time with me playing Donatello while my son played April both are now maxed level so we started a new game with Raph and Casey. I will probably go into more detail in the review thread as I don't want to post spoilers here.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

bimmy-lee

Whew, I was shell shocked for a few days, but now I’m back with credits galore. I took Splinter through story mode last night after the update and noticed quite a bit of tweaking in the game. It seems quite a few adjustments were made to the boss fights. It seems they became a bit easier, while the aggression of the Foot might have been bumped up a tick. Glad they’re working on an already excellent game.

@Tasuki - No spoilers, but the last few levels are CRAZY! It’s so fun. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it with your son. My kids ask every day if we can play it. I don’t know much about that Kunio game coming at the end of July, so the only game I know for sure that can compete with this for my personal GOTY is River City Girls 2. Personally, the combat in RCG is a notch above this game, but this one tops that game in all other categories, except maybe the killer soundtracks are even.

@roy130390 - Yo, I’m gonna hit you up for some Turtle Time this weekend. Bet we can put up a respectable score in arcade mode.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic