Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,421 to 10,440 of 11,400

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
I have the SteelBook edition of Sonic Frontiers.
It's a standard DVD/Blu-Ray type case with no Switch card insert.
It was just plastic wrapped next to the Switch box when it arrived, unlikely the Persona 5 SteelBook edition which arrives with the game in the SteelBook itself, with a protective cardboard sleeve.

Thankfully, the SteelBook edition was only a minimal cost over the standard edition. It was basically a £2 addon.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Thanks for that, I think I'll skip it, it would look rubbish on the shelf, it will be a completely different size to all other Switch steelbooks. That is so lazy from Sega!

MarioBrickLayer

Bunkerneath

@MarioBrickLayer If you get the physical of Sonic Mania Plus it comes with a sleeve to make it the same size as Blueray because of the art book is that size, so they have done this type of thing before.
Pure idiocy

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

@Bunkerneath Does the artbook fit inside the bluray case for Playstation and XBox? If so that's also really lazy! I think publishers can get away with it for collectors editions etc, but that is really poor.

MarioBrickLayer

Bunkerneath

@MarioBrickLayer It's not even a blu-ray case its a cardboard sleeve with the physical slid down next to just a cardboard rectangle, look below the rating on this picture:

Untitled

And the art book is the size of a blueray case, so no it wont fit

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Magician

Risen is coming to current consoles from THQ Nordic.

Physical release confirmed.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/11/risen-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Digimon World: Next Order is listed on Bamco's Store in Murica.

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/digimon-world-next-order/

P.S. - I wonder if I'll be able to snag a copy of Digimon Survive for $17 during Black Friday?
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

Super Rare Games confirm their next release is Transiruby?

I have never heard of it but it looks good, I'll have to look it up, has anyone played it?

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

It's nice to see SRG communicating on their Broforce production delay. Much better than some other boutique companies I've dealt with.

Also, it's the first I've heard of Transiruby, other than most Tweets suggesting it was going to be Super Rare's next game. Metroidvanias are my jam, so I welcome this addition.

ElRoberico

@Magician Is that from a big box store?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

Magician

@ElRoberico

The Digimon Survive for $17?

Yeah, Gamestop.

Aurumonado

@Magician

In Canada it's still $80

Yes, $80.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Magician

@Aurumonado

It's a leaked image. I don't know when the deal goes live. Could be Sunday, could be next Saturday, or it could be cyber-Monday. Black Friday is a blanket term for "things on sale in November" these days.

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Was browsing P-A as I do every Sunday and noticed that Kemco Collection Vol. 2 is coming in February.

Unfortunately, two of the four games have already been release in other Kemco Collections.

I enjoy supporting this scrappy little publisher, but the game selection in Vol. 2 feels...dirty.

Paraka

So just to put everyone on notice. Looks like Ubisoft has started to slow-roll their Code-in-a-Box shift in the States.

Their new Just Dance 2023 is the first I noticed to ONLY have that option available.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka Eh, Just Dance has been a subscription-based live-service game for years.

I've never considered the games as being actual physical releases.

Paraka

@Magician - Base game has at least a plability to it. But the game isn't the focal point. It's more that Ubisoft is rolling out more codes in boxes than actual games. Activision has done it subtly with Spyro, and has recently done it openly with CoD on the other systems.

Basically it's more of a PSA that other major publishers are going more digital with their physical and buy accordingly.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

RupeeClock

1printgames next two physical releases have been revealed.
They're Sky Racket, and Slap City. They're aiming for a Q2 2023 release, and aren't yet individually available for pre-order.
https://1printgames.com/product/1pg-nsw-trs-003/

I'm not particularly interested in the first title "In Other Waters", but definitely in the other two, especially Slap City.
Sky Racket is new to me, but it looks like a solid spin on the cute-em-up horizontal shooter, with its brick breaker/pong type mechanics.

Since SwitchWatch got exclusive coverage of the reveal, they might possibly have a coupon code you can use on 1printgames' website. Codes like SWITCHWATCH or SWATCH10 have worked on certain sites in the past.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic