Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 521 to 540 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

I...was referring to that tournament thing...not...any of that stuff. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NaviAndMii

Aww - can we still play?

Or the time you first saw Master Hand and thought to yourself; "I wonder if that's the hand that can manipulate Mario's face in the title screen of Mario 64?"

(...no? - just me then!)

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Anyway, I have 2 wants for Smash Switch irrelevant of whether it's an enhanced port or a sequel:
1. The fewest possible roster cuts (preferably 0 but the transition from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U wasn't that bad, post-launch support is likely too)
2. Online multiplayer works properly (especially with the existence of that paid online subscription)

If both happens, it'll be a fantastic game. Of course in the case of enhanced port, point 1 is already satisfied (0 cuts).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Or the time Nintendo Life became a demo code begging site.

Lol yes.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blathers

NaviAndMii wrote:

Aww - can we still play?

Or the time you first saw Master Hand and thought to yourself; "I wonder if that's the hand that can manipulate Mario's face in the title screen of Mario 64?"

(...no? - just me then!)

GMOD Mario faces canon?

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Haru17

Blur_Escalation wrote:

By the way. The recenly released E3 tornament trailer says
"Game footage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"
So what does Nintendo want to tell us with that?

I mean okay, I didn't realize there was a trailer for the event. But that's just them showing footage of the 2014 (2014?) Smash Bros. E3 tournament. Obviously that would have to be footage of the last game because the Switch version or Smash 5 was only just announced. It's just not indicative of anything.

In any case, the character locks outside of the core cast are Inkling Boy/Girl and the Ice Climbers, since they and Captain Falcon have attained more significance in SSB than their actual series (F-Zero can be great, but characters aren't all that important to racing games).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Budda

@Haru17
That was just a joke. ->

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NaviAndMii

@Blathers I was a total n00b when I was younger!

I genuinely saw this hand...

Untitled

...and thought it must be this hand!

Untitled

... **face palm!**

Edited on by NaviAndMii

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Yookatonic

Hello everyone!

I'm not too familiar with the SSB series (last one I played was Melee) but I'd like to know if its online component is suitable for newcomers. I'm not that great at fighting games and when playing those online I get beaten all the time and lose motivation to continue rather quickly.

Basically what I'd like to know is how the online community for SSB compares to that of other fighting games. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Yookatonic

Grumblevolcano

@Yookatonic Possibly, the issue is that the options which would've been suitable for newcomers had major lag issues in the previous game. So really it depends whether the paid online subscription is actually going to improve the quality of online multiplayer on Switch or not.

Grumblevolcano

TheTetrisGuy

@NaviAndMii I can never see that opening ever again without seeing master hand šŸ˜‚. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if there was an actual in depth theory somewhere online saying that those hands are one and the same!

@Yookatonic It varies, as far as I know there isnā€™t any actual matchmaking so you could be put up against someone you skill level, or you could be put up against a Bayonetta player who has played for thousands of hours. I have a feeling this is going to be fixed in the new game but if your jumping into Smash 4 online, you will most likely have some trouble. To plug this site a little, there are forums where you can exchange friend codes so if you use those, you could likely find someone your skill level easily enough.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

ā€œListen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.ā€ ā€“ Iron Man

Yookatonic

@Grumblevolcano @TheTetrisGuy
Thank you for your responses. I'm going to hold out on pre-ordering it and will wait for the reviews. Good online functionality is prime when it comes to fighting games imo.
And thank you for the suggestion about exchanging friend codes. I will certainly do that once I have a game I want to play online.

Yookatonic

TheTetrisGuy

@DarthNocturnal Thatā€™s a good possibility, the Smash line of amibo had those glass poles to get them into the more action packed poses that were great in terms of the game, but kind of took away from the amibo. Or it could just be because they donā€™t want to remake all those amibos, port or not there are going to be a lot of overlap in the rosters.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

ā€œListen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.ā€ ā€“ Iron Man

Haru17

Nintendo? Make cards? Naaaw...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@DarthNocturnal @TheTetrisGuy Allow me to quote myself:

Octane wrote:

rjejr I believe this is literally the Animal Crossing card patent.

Untitled

Octane wrote:

Upon further investigation, this IS the amiibo card patent from 2015:

''Foreign Application Priority Data Apr, 1. 2015 (JP)''[1]

The Right of Priority of Foreign Application[2] grants anyone priority who had registered a patent in a foreign country before. Nintendo was in no hurry to register this elsewhere.

Anyway, this took me no more than three minutes of googling. Journalism 101. Can't expect much these days, eh?

Sources:
1. http://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&docid=20180078864&...
2. https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s213.html

It's the same patent from three years ago. It IS the amiibo card patent. They hadn't patented it in the US before. So there's nothing to see here

Octane

Octane

@DarthNocturnal I don't know. It bothers me to no end. Just click on the source, it takes you right to the patent and it tells you 2015 was its original application date. It feels like all sites just copy and paste the same ''information'' without even checking it for themselves. But hey, as long as it generates some clicks, right?

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane If I cast my mind back this has been a thing for decades so...

What was that about making sure you post relevant and current info? ;P

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Randomname19

Saw this on the italian Nintendo group I'm part of on Facebook:
Untitled

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

EvilLucario

All hail Jesus, the one true only newcomer worthy of getting into Smash Bros.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic