Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 4,508

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry I never played the games but is rex that annoying?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TheFrenchiestFry

@Snatcher to put it lightly imagine Shulk but with a more try hard Australian accent and the most grating dialogue this side of Tetsuya Nomura's hairline since Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

TeeJay

I'm also pretty glad it wasn't Rex. He sounds fine when he's talking normally but his battle cries make me wanna stick a knife in my ears.

And if a character is going to be in Smash they'll naturally be doing a lot of yelling, so, yeah this was the best possible outcome for a Xenoblade 2 rep.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

klingki

Sneak peek into Sakurai's meeting room:

Untitled

klingki

Grumblevolcano

So if appearing in trailers confirms music for the game, songs not already in the game we're getting:

• Drifting Soul (Violin Version)
  • Counterattack
  • You Will Recall Our Names

and there's 1 other when Shulk appears which I recognize but don't recall the name of the track or where it appears. Think it's from XCDE.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FroZtedFlake

@Jump I KNOW! That reveal threw me for a loop, all of fighters pass 2 (besides Steve) has been like impossible to guess

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

mr_somewhere

Quite happy with the reveal. I have a big soft spot for XC 2, although I think I prefer the original overall, happy to see them get in. I had a feeling they'd go for Pyra/Mythra sans Rex which just ends up making that one mii costume even more hilarious and awkward.

Also as a side note I am really enjoying the salt on twitter, although so far it hasn't reached the insane (and sustained!) heights of Byleth. I'd say another Nintendo pick with a final third party character is probably a safe bet but after the last two I've completely given up on making predictions.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

Grumblevolcano

Given the E3 and E3 replacement reveals for Smash in the past, still think there's a good chance for Crash. Crash fits the scale of announcements like Banjo and Steve. Activision also said Crash 25th anniversary celebrations are happening throughout the year.

As for the other, no clue. I thought Rex/Pyra was going to be the gigantic finale but clearly not with Pyra/Mythra coming as the 4th character of the pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Grumblevolcano If the last fighter is a massive one then I'm glad it's not Rex and Pyra, it would be so depressing to expect someone big only for it to be Rex. DREAM BIGGER PEOPLE! ;P

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Vortexeo

So, what is exactly the problem with another sword character? I see a lot of people complaining about it online and can't help but be curious lol (I don't really play smash bros much these days). Is it because people think they play the same? I mean sure half of the fire emblem characters do but all of the DLC swordfighters thus far have completely unique move sets from what I've seen. Besides, there are like 20 non-sword characters that can do the exact same up-air ladder combo but nobody seems to care about that lol.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

She is soo going to be my main, Wile I did say rex got guded I meant for the rex fans, Wile I never played the games I know a little And I wanted those two over rex So I'm really happy.

link3710

@Vortexeo I swear it's a meme. Also because the majority of sword wielders are from JRPGs (FF,
DQ, Xeno, FE) so people who don't like JRPGs or realistic looking characters tend to go after them. Even LoZ isn't safe since there are three versions of Link in the game

As for Pyra/Mythra, I'm very excited. And also very glad they're using the alternate outfit for Mythra. It just fits her character so much better, whereas it's hard to imagine her choosing to wear her base costume.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Vortexeo

@link3710 I'm hoping that's it but some people seem so upset about it and started being real party poopers lmao. Needless to say, I'm super excited myself and can't wait to see Sakurai's presentation! I wonder who they'll add for mii costumes considering rex and nia are already in as such.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Grumblevolcano

Fighters Pass 2 seems like a catchup of what couldn't be in the base roster:

• ARMS - Sakurai mentioned the game released too late to get a fighter
  • Minecraft - Talks for Steve in Smash started in the Wii U era
  • XC2 - Sakurai mentioned the game released too late to get a fighter

Was there any Sephiroth rumours?

Grumblevolcano

TeeJay

If fighters pass 2 is the catch-up-on-what-we-couldn't-do-before pass, then.......

...I mean, Monster Hunter has suspiciously little representation to the point where you wonder why it was included at all...perhaps.....one can hope...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

FroZtedFlake

@TeeJay That'd be epic and a much-needed addition but we've figured out that byleth was supposed to be probably either Tracer or Monster Hunter at first so don't get your hopes up

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

There's a spirit event going on right now for Bravely Default 2 for those who don't know.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic