Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 3,887

DarthNocturnal

I wasn't really sure. I haven't seen much gameplay, but ESRB does list Blood and Gore, with some matching content descriptions.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

link3710

Bayonetta has more 'cartoony' gore than anything, if that's a thing. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the guillotine at the end of one of the torture attacks. Angels will often die in a burst of red chunks that's probably supposed to be blood and guts, but they fade away almost instantly so it's a blink and you miss it sort of thing.

link3710

SKTTR

Danm, I missed the Pokémon event, so I'm 4 spirits short again.
I was completely unaware there was an event running with new Pokémon.
Why did no one tell me? I guess I just tend to ignore everything with Pokémon.
No, wait, I checked yesterday and the spirit catalog only went to 1367, with no space for new spirits. What a troll!

Anyway, I don't get why Wesker has 3 stars, and Jill has only 1 star, should be the other way around. Leon and Chris only 2 stars? No logic in this batch. Chris should get at least 3 stars instead of 2 for being the original main protagonist. Leon should get 3 or 4 stars instead of 2 for being the hero of the best games in the series.
Jill should get 3 or 4 stars instead of 1 star for being the most popular girl in the franchise, and being the main star of the movies. Wesker should get 1 or 2 stars instead of 3 stars for being an antagonist that is only playable in sidestories.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

gcunit

@Dogorilla Yep, you're right about the music track getting a brief credit when a fight starts, thanks. Played about 45hrs and never noticed that

@Chunkboi79 Thanks for all the tips, I'll be sure to give ol' Chunk a spin soon.

Can someone explain why the gore in a different game would affect the age rating of Smash, cos I'm pretty sure Smash only gets rated by what's in Smash, not by whatever else the characters in it might be associated with.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit Think it's less about gore in a different game specifically but rather about making the character/stage represent the original franchise well may be more challenging if gore is a central concept of that franchise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

Yeah, it all ties down to what tweaks might need to be made to a character, and if the character owners feel that they still properly represent their franchise.

Doom Slayer, for example, could keep the aggressive “rip and tear“ fighting style, glory kills and all... but obviously I wouldn't expect any of that to actually gib Mario. Assuming Bethesda is OK with that, then all is well.

It's kinda like Kratos in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale. He kept his moves, and had a stage... he just didn't bisect Sly Cooper. It's safe to assume GoW's devs were OK with that.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR Star ranking is just the difficulty of the spirit battle, nothing to do with how well known or popular a character is. Wesker is definitely the hardest battle of the 4.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Yeah, but the other way round was true as well.

Highly requested, super-popular characters all had a 4-star ''legend'' spirit:

Skull Kid, Geno, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Krystal, Pauline, Dry Bowser, Midna, Toon Zelda, Dark Matter, Marx, Ninten, Paula, Jeff, Claus, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Medusa, Hades, Viridi, Ashley, Raiden, Dr. Eggman, Shadow the Hedgehog, Proto Man, Dr. Wily, Mega Man X, Zero, Super Macho Man, Fiora, Pyra, Mythra, Guile, M. Bison, Jeanne, Rodin, Alucard, Soma Cruz, Sheriff, Sukapon, Prince of Sablé, just to name a fe... lot.

Honorable 3-star-spirits: Chibi-Robo, Waluigi, Bomberman, Bandana Waddle Dee, Saki Amamiya, Spring Man, Ray Mk III, Takamaru, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, etc., etc., too many actually...

Two star and one star spirits are often not very popular. I found it a great design to tie popularity to a bigger challenge. You really had to fight for the cool spirits!

Anyway, I found out Wesker has a cult following.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Dogorilla

@SKTTR I've noticed that generally seems to be the case too, but I wouldn't describe Sheriff or Super Macho Man (not even sure who that is) as super-popular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

DarthNocturnal

@Dogorilla

Super Macho Man is from Punchout, Little Mac's home series.

Dogorilla

@DarthNocturnal Ah right, I thought it might be that wrestler guy from Rhythm Paradise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

Diddy64

Recent multiple leakers have been discarding characters here and there, as if they are badly searching for who the 5th fighter will be. Yeah I know that many could be wrong, but I now have this hunch that the 5th character could be either Agumon or Klonoa. I am hoping that if it is one of those two, that Klonoa be the one.

I have played neither franchises but I like him more due to him looking stylish and because he is of the platforming genre.

Undergoing games:
Octopath Traveler (playing it)
Bug Fables (playing it)
Hyrule Warriors DE (playing it)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (on hiatus)

iKhan

@Diddy64

I have a reasonable amount of confidence that Klonoa won't make it in. He isn't even among Bandai-Namco's top 5 biggest franchises, and unlike Terry, he doesn't have any era or console distinctly associated with him.

Agumon is an interesting proposition, given that Digimon did start out as a Tamagotchi-like toy. Does that qualify as a video game in Sakurai's eyes? Given that Nintendo is fundamentally a toy company, would they be more amicable to including a toy character?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Diddy64

@iKhan Fair point about Klonoa. About Agumon, it could happen something similar to R.O.B. who started as a toy and eventually make cameos appearances. Later he became a playable character in Mario Kart DS and a bit later entered Smash Brawl. Perhaps not the same way, but certainly coming from being a toy to reaching Smash just like R.O.B seems possible, though that depends on Nintendo and Sakurai.

Undergoing games:
Bug Fables (playing it)

iKhan

Also, for anyone wondering, this is what I believe @Diddy64 is referring to.

https://www.dexerto.com/smash/smash-ultimate-leaker-debunks-m...

I really hope it’s Lloyd. He’s yet to be deconfirmed, and he’s quite popular among the smash community. I’m not a big Amiibo person but you can bet I’d grab a Lloyd Amiibo.

Edit: well, RIP https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-...

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Diddy64

@iKhan Thanks and sorry for not putting any source link. I was distracted doing multiple things during the day. Next time I'll put a source link so that others know from where I got my conclusions.

Undergoing games:
Bug Fables (playing it)

link3710

@Diddy64 @iKhan Agumon's probably my top pick for a B-N pick (though I wouldn't say no to Klonoa). To answer the 'toy' question, he started out as an LCD game like Mr. Game & Watch, so he'd probably more qualify as that. Despite not being on a console, arcade, or PC, the original Digimon toys were video games in their own right, (same goes for Tomogatchi).

As for all the deconfirmations, I'll believe it when I see it. I'd still love to see Doomguy, Ryu or Rayman off that list.

link3710

Diddy64

@link3710 Nice. I didn't know that part of Digimon's history. I did have a Digimon toy watch (don't know almost nothing about the franchise) that come with the kids meal of Burger King back in the day. I have to admit that thinking about seeing a Smash trailer with Pikachu vs Agumon feels epic.

Undergoing games:
Bug Fables (playing it)

andrew20

I think monster Hunter or a yokai watch character

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

andrew20

Also what about a xenosaga character in smash

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic