Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 4,508

Snatcher

@Rexenoboy OMG sorry I missed counted my highest gsp is around 6,000,000 and my inkling is around 4,000,000.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

TJWorks

@Snatcher Well, you can learn high-level maneuvers like short hopping, anti-air, dodge dancing, parrying, etc. Stuff you should be able to find on Youtube or from any free guides online made by others.

Outside of that, you can also learn set-ups and combos unique to the character(s) you main regularly. You should also understand what advantages and disadvantages your mains carry in order to understand how they match-up against other characters and their playstyles.

For example, I've been maining Inkling recently. I understand she's good at trapping people with her Side-B Paint Roller special that grounds people for easy smash attacks, and her Down-B Splat Bomb that can catch people off guard when used appropriately.

I use her Splat Bomb a lot and it can force my opponent to react in forced situations that I can take advantage of, depending on how I set it up. For example, if they choose to shield my Splat Bomb, I could run up to them and grab them before it explodes for easy damage. If they're trying to recover back to the platforms from below the stage, I could time my Splat Bomb so it explodes on my opponent and launches them further away, unable to recover. Or, it might force them to take a specific path in order to recover, make them easy to read and giving you a chance to attack.

However, these tactics won't work against all characters. Characters with great recovery or multiple jumps (e.g. Pirahna Plant, Metaknight, Jigglypuff) have no trouble recovering, making my Splat Bomb tactic difficult to use. It's important for you to switch tactics and playstyles against these stronger match-ups to give youself a better chance to win. Something you can learn either from fighting more and more, or watching Tournament matches online with players who use your Main.

Keep in mind, I'm mainly a Casual player, so I'm not the best mentor. But my Inkling GSP ranges between 6,000,000-7,000,000, so I must be doing something right.

TJWorks

Snatcher

@TJWorks Thanks will work on it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

crashcontrol

Ok I’m interested to know what 5 characters everyone would say they main.
I main: Inkling, Sonic(I try to play aggressively), Joker, Pichu and Peach

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

TheFrenchiestFry

@crashcontrol Joker, Richter, Cloud, Byleth and Piranha Plant

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Blooper987

@crashcontrol ness ( you can hate me idc ), cloud, ZSS, Min Min, and Ridley

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Bankaj

@crashcontrol

Marth since Melee
Dr Mario since Melee
King DeDeDe since Brawl
Duckhunt Duo since WiiU
Samus since Ultimate

Those are my top 5 best chars with Marth being my best fighter. Since Ultimate I am kicking absolute butt with Samus.
Fun to play I also enjoy Banjo&Kazooie and Inklink a lot!

Bankaj

Rexenoboy

@crashcontrol
Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, R.OB., Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant.
I always go for the more obscure ones. 😅

Treasure Acquired

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok picture this

Trailer starts with Joker and the Phantom Thieves exploring a Palace when they're suddenly ambushed by a horde of Shadows

Cuts to black and you hear the sound effect of Bullet Time

Cuts back to Dante blowing the smoke residue off Ebony and Ivory and starts playing his Nocturne battle theme mixed with Devils Never Cry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Blooper987

@TheFrenchiestFry for some reason while I read this the words courtroom, objection, and take that enter my mind. Weird😂.

In all seriousness I think a capcom character is happening and it’s either Dante or Phoenix

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

jump

I’ve just bought the 2nd season pass, I was going to wait to see if it was worth it or not as some of the other DLC fighters were poor.

Min Min is actually a lot to fight as but her set up is bit confusing though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

So a thought crossed my mind, and I think I have a new guess for Fighter Pass 2-6. I think the final character will be the Shin Megami Tensei V protagonist, bookending 1-1 being Joker. Now that we know SMT V is going to launch well before Fighter Pass 2 ends, we know it's entirely possible, and the game is one of the biggest system exclusives on the Switch, in a series with a lot of history, and Sega/Atlus already have a good relationship with the Smash team.

link3710

PikaPhantom

I don't expect anything tomorrow, but if events aren't biweekly now, maybe there will be some kind of tie-in event that comes alongside a Direct announcement?

PikaPhantom

porto

Eel wrote:

figther

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Rexenoboy

Guys, I'm losing hope Rex will be part of Fighters Pass 2.
Please tell me there's still hope.

Treasure Acquired

jump

@Rexenoboy nah, They were going to but they decided they needed more Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rexenoboy

Alright, there's a new ad in Japan to get everyone excited about the next Smash DLC. It doesn't say who or when it's going to get revealed but the ad is running until 4th October and apparently these have been good indicators to expect a reveal very soon.

https://twitter.com/OnuaUlt/status/1307773288731619329

Treasure Acquired

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic