Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 4,508

Arbor

i just want professor layton

Arbor

SKTTR

If Sakurai opens up the floodgates for spirits to be considered, then it's NOT the spirits, but the Assist Trophies and Mii costumes that have a much better chance to be upgraded to playable fighters! They're obviously more popular and important than spirits. With bonus points when that Mii costume and/or Assist Trophy has lots of (legendary) spirits to go along with them.
With this in mind, Chibi-Robo and Isaac don't seem too far away then. Those 2 wouldn't contradict what Sakurai said about ''new worlds'' either.

However, nothing is confirmed. Sakurai wanting to ''continue expanding Smash with new worlds'' implies that the new pass is 3rd party only, again. That's fine since everyone still wants a bunch of 3rd party characters.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

RR529

Decided to buy the fighter's pass this morning. Mostly been playing around with the Hero & spirit hunting.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

I know a lot of people speculate Lloyd as a potential Tales rep, but how likely would he be really?

Sure, in the west, there's a lot of Symphonia nostalgia (particularly with Nintendo Tales fans) as one of the few prominent big JRPGs on the GameCube, but in Japan where Tales is a lot more prolific, I wonder how big Symphonia's legacy really is in particular.

I could almost see Yuri from Vesperia (since it recently got a re-release, on Switch to boot) or the protaganist of the new Tales game (as a marketing tie in) being just as likely as Lloyd, especially if he isn't the series' "Cloud" that western fans think of him as.

I think it'll be Lloyd. But I hope against logic that it'll actually be Cress Albane! That would rule.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DarkSim01

At this point, I don't think the Spirits will have an effect on the characters released later. I have a feeling they weren't planning this second wave of DLC until they saw the success of the first Fighter Pass.

That being said, I have a feeling the 5th character will be Ruy Hayabusa, simply based on the previous rumors/leaks looking pretty good.

From there, I'm thinking the next pass will be 3-5 characters, and a mix of first and third party. I think there are a few factors to consider:
Adding new universes to Smash
Adding more game developers/publishers that aren't represented yet
Fan service

Assuming Ryu Hayabusa is the last fighter in the first Fighter Pass:
Doom Slayer (Bethesda)
Travis Touchdown (Grasshopper/Marvelous)
Shantae (Wayforward)
Rayman (Ubisoft)
a first party character, either Rex & Pyra, Bandana Dee or a new Pokemon.

DarkSim01

SKTTR

1st PARTY SMASH BALLOT

Rules: You have 30 points to spread across the following challengers.

You can give 1 challenger a maximum of 10 points.

1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
4. Waluigi (Super Mario)
5. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
6. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
7. Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
8. Toad (Super Mario)
9. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
10. Porky (EarthBound)
11. Krystal (Starfox Adventures)
12. Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
13. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
14. Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
15. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
16. Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
17. Kamek (Yoshi)
18. Pauline (Super Mario)
19. Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
20. Shy Guy (Super Mario)
21. Chorus Kids / Karate Joe (Rhythm Paradise)
22. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
23. Birdo (Super Mario)
24. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
25. Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk)
26. K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
27. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
28. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
29. Octoling (Splatoon)
30. Spring Man / Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
31. John Raimi (Geist)
32. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
33. Oceana Louvier (Endless Ocean)
34. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
35. Ashley & Red (WarioWare)
36. Mallo (Pullblox)
37. Andy (Advance Wars)
38. Jill (Drill Dozer)
39. Ricky Winterborn (1080° Snowboarding / Wave Race: Blue Storm / 1080° Avalanche)
40. Jumpin' Jim Rivers (Excitebike)
41. Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
42. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)

These have proven to be the most popular Nintendo characters in the last decade, featuring even a few very popular newcomers.

My votes go to:
Chibi-Robo +10
Saki Amamiya +6
Elma +6
Porky +2
Midna +1
Kyle Hyde +1
Kamek +1
Isaac +1
Geno +1
Waluigi +1

If you use more then 30 points, all overused points will be taken away from the end towards the start until 30 is reached.

Edited on by SKTTR

link3710

@SKTTR

Chibi-Robo + 5
John Raimi +3
Alexandra +3
Kyle Hyde +3
Jill +3
Dillon +2
Dixie Kong +2
Isaac +2
Elma +1
Saki Amamiya + 1
Andy +1
Ricky Winterborn +1
Mallo +1
Takamaru + 1
Starfy +1

If it's allowed, I'm writing in my last 3 points to go to John Raimi (Geist). Jill in her Dozer would be nice too, but I have no idea if she's actually first or third-party legally. Obviously she's already been an assist but...

EDIT: Updated my ballot now that the new people are added.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Elma +10
Rex & Pyra/Mythra +10
Cranky Kong +5
Dixie Kong +5

With Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Shulk in Smash giving the franchise enough interest that Monolith Soft is even bringing the first game to Switch, it would be really nice if Smash had more than 1 playable Xenoblade character.

As for Dixie and Cranky, the DK representation is rather unfortunate at the moment. 2 characters and the stages from 64 and Melee. Either bringing back old stages (Rumble Falls, Jungle Hijinx) or a new stage based on Tropical Freeze would be cool. Also the whole Metroid and Cranky Kong thing at VGA 2013 was hilarious.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Thanks for participating. I will share the updated results every couple of days until no more votes come in.

@link3710 @StephanDLW I don't know why we should restrict this to only a Top 30. I've seen Starfy in several Top 50 ballots often. John Raimi is a very special guest though, but as long as someone got a slightest chance, I will include him/her. So I'm gonna extend the list to allow these 2 and 8 more fan-favourite eligible characters from underrepresented Nintendo game series to be in the poll. Thanks for the inspiration.

@Grumblevolcano Slightly wrong. DK has 3 characters in Ultimate. King K. Rool, though technically not a Kong, is still a brandnew fighter from the DK universe in Smash this gen. Also DK has 4 stages, not two: 75m, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Kongo Falls. And I see New Donk City as the modern reimagination of 75m. Even though it's a Mario stage now, the place (and even character Pauline) were part of Donkey Kong's universe once. But yeah, more stages are always nice. Still hoping for a DLC pack that adds all the missing stages, huh? Would be really awesome if not only all fighters but all stages returned as well. I loved the Starfox stage from Smash 4 (it looked amazing!), the controversial Poké Floats, and I wouldn't hesitate a second to buy that stage pack if it included a Best-of Miiverse stage. - What's that VGA 2013 thing, do you have a link?

Edited on by SKTTR

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR Oh yeah, forgot about K. Rool. As for the stages I wasn't saying 2 stages, I was saying just the 64 and Melee stages (64 had 1, Melee had 2) but yeah I guess 75m counts too (I tend to only think of DKC for DK, not the NES/arcade games).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@SKTTR Thanks for including him! I know I'm one of the few who still is holding onto hope of something new ever happening with Geist (fat chance I know but...), just because of the potential the series had. It was practically Super Mario Odyssey before Odyssey did it. Just, not as well implemented of course. I updated my post above... I ended up splitting a lot of votes onto the new characters you added.

link3710

SKTTR

Scores so far:

20pts. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) 10 +5 +5
17pts. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) +6 +1 10
15pts. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) +5 10
8pts. Isaac (Golden Sun) +1 +2 +5
7pts. Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment) +6 +1
7pts. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) +2 +5
6pts. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) +1 +5
6pts. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) +1 +5
5pts. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong) +5
5pts. Toad (Super Mario) +5
4pts. Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk) +1 +3
3pts. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) +3
3pts. Jill (Drill Dozer) +3
3pts. John Raimi (Geist) +3
2pts. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) +2
2pts. Porky (EarthBound) +2
1pt. Andy (Advance Wars) +1
1pt. Geno (Super Mario RPG) +1
1pt. Kamek (Yoshi) +1
1pt. Mallo (Pullblox) +1
1pt. Midna (The Legend of Zelda) +1
1pt. Ricky Winterborn (1080° / Wave Race) +1
1pt. Waluigi (Super Mario) +1
0pts. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
0pts. Krystal (Starfox Adventures)
0pts. Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
0pts. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
0pts. Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
0pts. Pauline (Super Mario)
0pts. Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
0pts. Shy Guy (Super Mario)
0pts. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Paradise)
0pts. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
0pts. Birdo (Super Mario)
0pts. K. K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
0pts. Octoling (Splatoon)
0pts. Spring Man (ARMS)

Participants: Grumblevolcano, link3710, SKTTR, StephanDLW

@link3710 I kinda want to replay Geist, or at least return to it to collect the last couple of hidden spirit thingys that I missed, and yeah, I still need to finish off the last boss. I'm kind of ashamed I haven't beaten that game. I guess it was just more fun exploring the adventure levels for secrets instead of blasting through the last fps stretch. Nah, I remember the rocket throwing flying wheelchair man, he was freaking difficult!
I wish some games back then would have been ported to the next console, especially when the next console was a very succesful Wii. Sure, Twilight Princess, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, and Chibi-Robo (unfortunately only in Japan) got the Gamecube to Wii treatment. But man, Geist would have been one that like Metroid Prime 1&2 would have benefitted the most from both the huge audience and new controls. It's unfortunate that Geist was no success.

Edited on by SKTTR

RR529

Rex/Pyra +10
Takamaru +5
Toad (Captain) +5
Chibi-Robo +5
Midna +3
Starfy +2

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

@SKTTR It's a shame they didn't go particularly further even after the Wii. All we got after those ports were Zelda HD remasters for Wii U (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess), most of the Wii ports of GC games given digital downloads on Wii U (no Mario Power Tennis or Chibi-Robo) and Luigi's Mansion got a 3DS remaster.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Harmonie

Do I have to give all of my thirty points? I'll do this, if not:

Isaac +10

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

@SKTTR Geist actually did manage to have a port mostly made for the original DS, but unfortunately the developer went under before it could be released. Unfortunately, with the team who was passionate behind it gone and Nintendo in it's most anti 'games for gamers' phase, it didn't stand a chance. And honestly yeah, I've never technically finished it either (pretty sure I was basically at the end) but it's a game thats stuck with me ever since.

link3710

SKTTR

Harmonie wrote:

Do I have to give all of my thirty points? I'll do this, if not:

Isaac +10

No, you don't have to spend it all, but I'd prefer if you do. You certainly have some mercy points to give away. After all, I spent a mercy point on Isaac as well.

link3710 wrote:

@SKTTR Geist actually did manage to have a port mostly made for the original DS, but unfortunately the developer went under before it could be released. Unfortunately, with the team who was passionate behind it gone and Nintendo in it's most anti 'games for gamers' phase, it didn't stand a chance. And honestly yeah, I've never technically finished it either (pretty sure I was basically at the end) but it's a game thats stuck with me ever since.

Um.. from what I know, the Geist team (n-Space) existed until 2015, that's 10 years after the release of Geist. Apparently a port to the DS just wasn't feasible, as the game was already struggling with the framerate on Gamecube at times. Apart from the technical hurdle, Nintendo would be the ones to greenlight a downgraded DS or 3DS port, but they didn't. And they shouldn't. They should have made it a Wii port with motion controls, or drop the Gamecube version altogether to make it an exclusive Wii launch title instead. Same for Chibi-Robo and the other late and totally overlooked Gamecube hidden gems. They did it before, with the N64 versions of Starfox Adventures, Resident Evil Zero and Eternal Darkness. They cancelled them and brought them to Gamecube, all for the best.

Edited on by SKTTR

Namco

Edelgard +9
Skull Kid +8
Paper Mario +7
Octoling +6

I'm rooting for these, I hope you don't mind adding Edelgard and Paper Mario to the list.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

SKTTR

@Edelgard

Ah, you're one of those. It was either you or the Pokémanz!

Let's see. There are 7 Fire Emblem fighters in Smash. So, let me ask you a couple of questions: Can't you ever get enough? Don't you know that you automatically get a new fighter each iteration of Smash anyway? Do you think your favourite series is still underepresented in Smash and needs more representation despite there being top class series having not even one fighter and struggling for years to get recognition?

I'm just kidding. She's perfectly eligible.

Let's see how she fares, along with Skull Kid, Mario no. 4, and Inkling echo.

Namco

@SKTTR
But... but... she has an axe? o_o

Is what I would say if you were serious

Nah, I wouldn't make a huge argument if anyone were to say that other franchises are more deserving of representation. However I don't like it when people make up rules telling us which character we should and shouldn't want. Justifying their own personal wants. It's one of the reasons why I can accept Piranha Plant being in Smash, it shows us characters are not only chosen for their importance / representation. Keeps us open-minded.

Edelgard is just awesome, get on board people ^_^

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic