Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,042

Zeldafan79

I played a world that for the most part was pretty good. Then he had to go and screw it up on the final castle with a key placed on top of a thwomp. There was no way to get the key without taking a hit. That's the kinda thing I'm talking about. Nintendo would never make a level where grabbing a key required you to take damage. That's just stupid. So i promptly exited out of that one.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

veeflames

So I made my first level in Super Mario Maker 2. It's centered around the newly-added Mechakoopas (watch out for the laser Mechakoopas... some of them aren't necessarily aiming for you), and it's certainly a level where (an apparent) near pixel-perfect precision is required. I would say it's a tough level, but also something along the lines of Champion's Road and Grandmaster Galaxy; not too long, and you'll probably have to sacrifice some lives to learn how to pass certain sections and whatnot, but it getting to the goal will be very satisfying.

Here's the level ID: 40F-JVW-2YG. For any and all willing to try the level out, I sincerely hope you enjoy it. Of course, please don't hesitate to make comments about the level; what you liked about it, what you think I could do to improve it, a potential way(s) to cheese the level (I tried to make the level as cheese-proof as possible, but you never know), etc. Such comments will be very much appreciated.

PS: You didn't hear it from me, but you may or may not need a dictionary for my level. Just sayin'....

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

@Eel Just played your level, and it's the first SMB2-themed level I've played since the update. As someone who didn't play much of SMB2, I found your level to be a great way to learn the basic mechanics of SMB2 - kinda like a beginner's guide, I should say. Some sections left me stumped on what to do; for instance, I forgot you can super jump with the SMB2 mushroom, so I kept on trying to stack the POW Blocks at the beginning. Of course, it's impossible to stack POW Blocks, but didn't stop me from trying until I remembered the super jump. Oh, and the creepy mask thingy almost got me. Dang, that thing is fast and scary!

Great level.

God first.

Eel

@veeflames haha thanks for playing! Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah I debated about adding an actual tutorial on how to super jump, but I couldn’t really figure out a nice understandable way to describe it in game. Guess I could’ve used coins and an arrow.

I think you can also get past that section by using the enemies as steppingstones. At least if they’re still alive.

And yeah love that guy, wish he was available in the other styles too, hah.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

lostbeard

I just made my first automatic level, I hope you like it.

XG8-5Q1-0VG

you team up with yoshi in order to defeat bowsy! what do you think?

lostbeard

Toad64

I also made a new course focused on the awesome new Mario 2 mushroom, Turnip Time!
course ID: NV2-68N-BGF

Toad64

Twitter:

Toad64

Eel, played your level and thought it was a great representation of Subcon! Fun to play through!

Toad64

Twitter:

Sunanootoko

Guys it is me or there's no way to play the super worlds on line with friends...?

Sunanootoko

TSL_NB

@Dodger Thanks for playing it!

I actually enjoyed exploiting that inherent nuance about the program (the Angry Sun will always be relative to Mario's position, so Mario has to strategically move, because to get the key and go through the door, those particular blocks obviously should not be melted).

Everyone has their own preferences when building and/or playing courses. For me, it's the 'headscratcher' ones I enjoy (if we go back to smwcentral, Lime's Phunky Physics hack, and the 'Coronation Day' hack are two of my favourites).

For me, I draw my inspiration from the late Bob Ross - 'This is your world...you do what makes you happy.'
(And, listening to Coil right after watching a Joy of Painting show....that's quite inspiring, too!)

Thanks again!

TSL_NB (she/her)
Maker ID: MK7-LMR-N0H

Lucarianzx

Does anybody know a good world that has a lot of speedrun levels?

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Eel

@veeflames I tried your level, but there was something weird with the second cannon in the second area. Most of the time I managed to reach that far, it would not shoot at all.

Bloop.

veeflames

@Eel Thanks for trying my level! And yeah, I'm aware of that particular issue about the second cannon not shooting anything. I think it has something to do with how you time the first jump just before the blue Mechakoopa destroys the brick, because during my VERY extensive time playtesting the level the cannon didn't shoot 3 or 4 times out of my couple hundred attempts at beating the level. I even watched a streamer play the level and for him, the cannon didn't shoot for one or the two of his attempts at the level. That being said, I do know it just seems weird that the second cannon wouldn't shoot anything even when it's clearly in the screen...

Thanks for the valuable input, though. For a precision level like mine, it's important that everything in the level works as flawlessly as possible. This is my first ever precision level though, made without extensive knowledge of how in-game elements spawn... so some things - even with my extensive tweaks - may not work as intended. Deepest apologies for that, and I'll be sure to fix that issue when updating the level or making other levels.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.

Eel

Yeah it’s a shame because it’s quite impressive when it works. Anyway for your first level it’s quite good! As you may be able to notice from the jump in deaths after I played, I’m unfortunately not very gifted at the platforming thing.

Maybe there could be a more reliable substitute for the canon. Hm. Perhaps a jumping mechakoopa? That would be funny. Maybe not exactly reliable.

This does remind me I should make a proper castle level for my little world.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

veeflames

@Eel The mechakoopa is a versatile platforming tool (as you'd see when you make progress in the level). I've used it to replace other platforms that wouldn't work reliably, so you might actually be on to something with that suggestion. I didn't bother to replace the second cannon because I thought it worked... well enough, haha... ya.

Anyways, thanks very much for the kind words! The level's a tad tough, yes, but I was aiming for a Champion's Road kind of deal where you'd eventually beat it even if it took a thousand tries. As I watched the streamer play my level, the way he got better and better as he played the level was clear as day, even if it took him nearly an hour to beat the level. The level's definitely for those who love being rewarded with patience.

I'll be making more levels like that, so thanks again for the positive input! Glad you enjoyed whatever you played of it!

God first.

Zeldafan79

I finally completed my first super world! It's nothing special, just your average mario platforming stages but i promise no troll courses and no nonsense. I think i may have gone too far with the difficulty in some stages but you can check them out if you like. I'm open to suggestions if you think anything could be improved or tweaked in any way.

My user ID is WH5 9DX NFF.

Moshugan

Here's my Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

I have a single world of five levels. They weren't originally designed to go together, so there's two optional paths in the world.
EDIT: I changed the world so every course is totally optional.

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature
Thanks i was hoping someone would like it! I just make regular levels. None of those fancy music based or automatic stages. I've been playing mario games since the beginning and though I'm no game designer i did my best. Glad you enjoyed it!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Amabro

Hi all,

I'm new to here and wanted to share my freshly created levels. Hope some of you can give it a try!

Boo's Horror Mansion:
940-39L-CMF

Underground Madness, King Goomba
PXT-TS6-TFF

Winter Goombaland
RMV-G3V-RKF

Amabro

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic