Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,043

Moshugan

I saw this on YouTube and you guys gotta try it:

6YM-S34-KXG

Amazingly well designed troll levels!

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Zeldafan79

That's the thing i hate about this game. Nobody wants to make regular fun mario levels. All they wanna do is flood it with autoplay, music based or troll levels. What gets me is how these types of levels are the highest rated on the leaderboards. Knock it off i just wanna play a regular mario platforming level! A better name for this game is mario mish mash maker cause that's all it is. Just a mish mash of convoluted nonsense!

Now scuse me I'm gonna go play a real mario game!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

veeflames

So I'm currently trying to make some adjustments and tweaks - as well as patch out any potential cheese - to my Mechakoopa Diableries level (ID 40F-JVW-2YG) after watching other streamers play the level. I saved the level in another slot, updated its name, and got to work on the level.

However... even when I've clearly made some changes (not a whole lot) to the level, I cannot upload the level. How do I get around that? I don't want to continue making changes to the level only to not be able to upload the level.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tinglemies

@Zeldafan79 Regular mario levels don't get that many likes as people think they're nothing extraordinary or can't tell a difference between a good and bad one. There's plenty of great traditional level creators though finding them takes some work. Here are some recommendations:

Mondo
6H6-M6D-PPF

Hakala
NGQ-CT1-MGF

ArcticEdge
0QH-9NY-PDG

My levels are somewhat traditional. Sometimes more gimmicky, sometimes pretty vanilla:
BHF-YPX-8MF

Tinglemies

Amabro

Donkey Kong is not home...
C3M-PWB-XDG
Normal

Boo's Horror Mansion:
940-39L-CMF
Normal

Underground Madness, King Goomba
PXT-TS6-TFF
Expert

Winter Goombaland
RMV-G3V-RKF
Normal

Amabro

Davir

Hey there
I have maler some new level

My maker ID is still
2W1 RML BYG

So please try them

Davir

FluffyMikeB

Hi, I'm fairly new to the level making scene. I've watched people like DGR, GPB, and Ryukar for ages though on both Mario Maker 1 and 2.

My first 2 levels got modest plays, 37 and 55 respectively, but my most recent level from 2 days ago has exactly 1 play. I make traditional short levels with moderate but never hard difficulty.

Level code for my latest is 3WP-C7F-QSG

If you enjoy it, please feel free to check out my other levels. I'll be making new ones about once a week or earlier. Maker ID is O46-JHT-OWG

FluffyMikeB

Davir

I have maker my new World

My maker ID is
2W1 RML BYG

Davir

King-Marth-64

I managed to upload 83 courses in Super Mario Maker 2. I was busy making new courses alot since I got the game around June 27th, 2019 (one day before of launch of SMM2)

My Super World maps ID: JDD-BYN-9RF

World 1-1 4th of July Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: L27-0QM-GXG
Goomba Run Over Car ID: 20D-KBP-M9G
StarTropics Mobile App ID: FMR-KMW-NTF
Find a way to beat Time! 4 ID: TT9-SVH-CNF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 3 ID: 191-YGC-5PG
Dinner of Flames (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood) ID: 113-VTV-PJF
Claw Castle Sky ID: F3R-5KB-GKG
GameXplain’s Warehouse Mobile App ID: Q7C-9QX-YWF
Crypt 1 (Neutopia) ID: BFW-85T-4SF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 2 ID: XV1-2W3-D9G
Nintendo Switch Lite ID: G7W-4JL-Q5G
Survive the Thwomps & On/Off Switches ID: 5QH-F0V-1GF
The Two Screens Challenges 2 ID: YG9-PFP-6PG
Survival Dash through Bob-ombs 2 ID: Y88-SSL-53G
Donkey Kong Jr. ID: KV2-WBN-GGF
Dry Bones Shell Lava Castle Ride ID: Q6H-9Y7-RGF
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 4 ID: 4R4-5YL-9WF
The Clockwork Challenge Castle ID: JY8-HKL-JVG
Find a way to beat Time! 5 ID: NWS-DFK-NHG
The Poison water Tower ID: 035-XGQ-14G
One Screen Grinder Wall-Jump ID: SK6-S2T-0DG
Survival Dash through Thwomps 3 ID: F1T-LRJ-4RG
World 1-1 Night Remix (Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels) ID: HDB-SC3-F4G
Piranha Creeper Escape ID: 30M-D8S-DMG
The Angry Sun Castle ID: CQD-J0R-Q3G
Superball vs. Magic ID: 194-NF7-0QG
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 5 ID: 1M9-64X-S4G
The Poison Water Tower ID: 25D-K8C-6DF
The Auto Castle 2 ID: JNJ-R1T-GYF
Goomba Jumps & Pow the Munchers 2 ID: 0XL-D9C-25G
Act I (Ninja Gaiden) ID: 80B-L0S-TWG
Shoot the POW Blocks 2 ID: 6RJ-MGR-J7G
World 1-1 Twist Remix (SMB3) ID: 65K-6TM-LHG
Banzai Bills Survival Jump ID: NXT-6WY-MMG
Claw Castle Sky 2 ID: L5D-T1V-2MG
Stop the Labor Day Robbers ID: S25-H38-KSG
Bob-ombs and On/Off Switches ID: HPP-FR0-GVG
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 6 ID: 711-TQ3-SLF
The Dark Rooms ID: CMT-16P-4LG
The Two Screens Challenges 3 ID: CRY-439-TWF
Survive the Super Stars & Traps 2 ID: 4T8-JWH-80H
Find a way to beat Time! 6 ID: BSS-9PT-WSG
Cat Book Crawling ID: 07V-55J-LDF
The Auto Castle 3 ID: 66L-Q7W-VPG
Luigi's Halloween Mansion Mobile App ID: LLW-R00-83G
POW Blocks Survival Castle ID: BGT-6GC-GGF
Survival Dash through Thwomps 4 ID: 7V0-0YG-TDG
10-Coin Maze ID: 9CQ-WTB-1PF
Claw Castle Sky 3 ID: 7DP-0QS-91G
Lava Rising Climbing Castle ID: 7D3-9CS-62G
Thanksgiving Turkey Hunting ID: 5W3-FT4-89G
Link's Airborne Bow Training ID: M6T-FG8-9PG
Dash Block run through P-Blocks ID: 3X8-KVC-W4G
World 1-1 Christmas Remix (Super Mario Land) ID: LWG-JHN-2RG
P-Switches Dash ID: S2D-4Q1-CQG
Mario fixes The Game Awards 2019 ID: 0BV-V43-MLF
New Year Spike Ball Fireworks ID: SQQ-SLD-NRF
One Screen Obstacle Traps ID: BMN-JKL-2QF
The Survival Room ID: L91-SS6-F9G
Two Screens Pink Coins Finding 7 ID: 23S-329-WCG
Mushroom Kingdom Bombing 2 ID: 3R8-LS1-MXG
Claw Castle Sky 4 ID: TD1-DXG-3JG
The Dark Rooms 2 ID: 31Y-D51-GVF
World 1-1 Earthquake Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: 39F-GCT-BXG
The Two Screens Challenge 4 ID: 0RY-B9J-JMF
The Auto Castle 4 ID: 0RC-F3D-7WG
Cat Book Crawling 2 ID: N7N-DCR-WSG
Yoshi's Homeisland Buffet ID: JPD-V2Y-8GF
Dr. Mario wipes out Coronavirus ID: 2D5-YCK-WCG
Thwomps Smash Galoombas Castle ID: JFX-QWT-XRF
Bowser Stolen 240 Toilet Papers ID: QS6-WNJ-0RG
Bob-omb Switch Killer ID: H4S-4VN-6JG
P-Switches Dash 2 ID: FCS-J59-SBG
Survival Dash through Thwomps 5 ID: RL7-9GD-DXF
Easter Yoshi Egg Hunt ID: Y9T-KS5-BQF
Lava Bubble Melt Dash ID: 19B-JK7-LXF
World 1-1 Quarantine Remix (Super Mario Bros.) ID: 447-S8P-KBG
The Survival Room 2 ID: DG0-30K-4RG
Koopalings' Spike Airship ID: XST-MGP-DWF
The Auto Castle 5 ID: D87-VWG-MJF
Frog Suit Swimming Adventure ID: 063-YSW-J5G
Mario: Masters of Disguise ID: WTV-CJ7-PYG

King-Marth-64

Amabro

Some more to enjoy!

Ship Ahoy Matey!
RMX-5LS-WTF
Easy

The Fight Arena is open!
CYJ-FYT-0GF
Normal/Hard

Bowser Jr. Fun Cave
1DX-QWR-LVF
Easy

Desert Platforming
902-3VK-8RG
Normal

Frogtastic World Hopping
TN4-1NG-BRF
Normal

Amabro

Dodger

My latest level: a castle level involving basic platforming and avoiding cannonballs. No real gimmicks or kaizo tricks. Just a short run and jump level. There's some secret 1ups and coins to grab using koopa shells.

Cannons in the Koopa Castle
SMW - 3PB-WFT-VQF

@King-Marth-64 Played your Thwomps Smash Galoombas Castle level. That was cool! Well made puzzle level, fun mechanic, didn't overstay its welcome.

Dodger

Jamsoy

i Have just gotten my nintendo online,.. so i made the most traditional level
feel free to check it out. cheers!
Course ID: TD6-4NL-VPG

Switch FC: 3466-3058-4510

zwetzel4

I posted a new Super World on my account!

My maker ID is X5D-935-15G

zwetzel4

Dodger

@FluffyMikeB: I played your Desert Dig level. The idea is really cool: I didn't know you could use the SMB2 mushroom to dig up clouds. Reminds me of some digging levels in Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Bet one could make a good Steamworld Dig style level... But I digress. The blind drop was the main thing that got me in the level: I think I died 5 or so times to that. Well, by died, I mean "lost my SMB2 mushroom and restarted in case I still needed it." Also, this didn't happen to me until I deliberately tested it, but the level is soft-locked if the player hits one of the goombas or the angry sun in the first section. That might be on purpose, but if it isn't, a pipe spawning SMB2 Mushrooms in the first section would fix that.

Edited on by Dodger

Dodger

FluffyMikeB

@Dodger Thank you for playing, I've had so much trouble getting plays on it. The blind drop is hard, it gets me a lot too. But, you didn't have to start over. There's a 2nd SMB2 mushroom right beside the red pipe that takes you the final area. I can see the trouble with getting hit in the 1st area though, and not being able to dig. Is it difficulty or unfair? Not sure.

FluffyMikeB

Bpontoppidan

Here ared three levels, feel free to check them out:

1. Stealing Coins 0.5 - DLY-SRC-8QF

• not so simple stealing

2. Goomba Time 1 - 5X1-8HM-Y0H

• Just for fun

3. Emily sitt brett (Emily's stage) - TQT-R6Q-4PF

• Learn to play super mario, made in three minutes- for my daughter

Edited on by Bpontoppidan

Bpontoppidan

dudeman475

Cave of DOOM
TBC-5Y3-RVG
Defeat 8 bosses and collect 8 red coins to complete the level

dudeman475

Dodger

@FluffyMikeB For what my two cents are worth (in this case, literally not even two cents - they're probably worth fractions of a cent to the site owners because of the ad revenue), I think there's two different approaches to Mario Maker design there, or at least two extremes.

One is that, since the game has infinite lives and a quick respawn time, allowing players to figure out things through trial and error is acceptable level design. The other is more traditional design, that a challenge which forces the player to die to figure out the challenge with no visual cues or safe experimentation is bad level design. The former treats a level as a puzzle to be solved by trial and error, the latter treats a level as a series of visual cues: if the player reacts to the visual cues properly, they can win on the first try.

There are examples of this in other games too: A platformer like Celeste doesn't require you to die, but since it has no lives and a fast respawn time, it has no problems with allowing you to figure out mechanics by dying. Again, this works because there's little to no consequence for dying. However, a game like say, Mario World, introduces a life system which means there is a consequence for dying, losing a life and eventually getting a game over. A game like Mario World therefore attempts to show the player how mechanics work before putting them in a life or death situation, to give visual cues as to where they should jump, and often to reward momentum by putting obstacles in such a way that the player holding right will usually be able to react to them without slowing down.

Since Mario Maker is more like Celeste in that regard, I think situations where the player learns through failure are acceptable, but a given level designer still has to ask whether any particular instance of that type of level design is good design, if that makes sense.

Dodger

TSL_NB

@Dodger Thanks for sharing the Cannons course; I played it last night.

We've now gone up to fourty courses - I thought I would share some of the more absurd (but fun, at least to me) ones:

2KD-CGV-DCG Spikeball Un-Amusement Ride

• I had experimented running parallel tracks, one with a Bumper, and the other with a Spikeball (you have to spin-jump on the Spikeball....the Bumper produces a hilarious effect on the spin-jumping).

LR3-C8J-DPF Mechakoopa Dumpster Fire

• You have 100 seconds to throw 10 Mechakoopas into a 'burning dumpster' (more like an incinerator). Just don't go through the door until all 10 are toasted (you will be trapped).

61Y-XS8-HGF Spin-Stress Test

• I was playing around with the SMBU themes, and found that if you have the Airship theme at night, you can spin-jump on a Mechakoopa, and propel higher and higher.

RPM-NGY-2GG Random Ridiculousness 30 Seconds

• I was inspired by Phenotype's legendary "Lucky Draw' course from SMM1 (instead, I just threw a whole array of Kameks and question blocks). I'm a bit surprised, folks seem to really like this course.

5DW-8Q6-T7G Lemmy Defaults on Car Payments

• This is a bit abstract. The idea is that Lemmy refused to make payments on his Clown Car, so Mario has to go into Lemmy's house, forcibly get the key (which is a really, REALLY chaotic Boss Battle, but easier than it looks), then go into the neighbouring garage, and then drive the Clown Car through a tricky spike tunnel to the goal (Mario can potentially get trapped where the Star is bouncing...that wasn't intentional, but I kind of liked it set up that way).

Anyhow, hope you enjoy, and thanks again!

TSL_NB (she/her)
Maker ID: MK7-LMR-N0H

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic