Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 5,064

Fizza

@Qwertyninty There was one in the first game on Wii U (don't get your hopes up: it was just a Mario party-esque 'Pop the Balloons' minigame) but it's since been removed from both of the Switch-era sequels.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think I was wrong to assume that just because Side Order wasn't in the Direct that it definitely isn't releasing alongside the next season. August and September are currently very empty meanwhile MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 5 is launching next week so that's definitely not an August release.

I remembered that there were announcements at Gamescom in previous years that Nintendo attended. Like in 2018, Nintendo showcased the gameplay debut of the Torna DLC for XC2 and then at the end Nintendo shadow dropped other DLC for XC2:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/xenoblade_chronicle...

It doesn't mean it will definitely happen but rather there's a chance that Nintendo could use Gamescom as a way to fully reveal Side Order.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano As much as I'm praying that your hunch is correct, I'm personally thinking that the August/September/October period will be used for the first half of Pokemon SV's DLC since that would settle into the Autumn 2023 period rather snugly. If we were to use SwSh's DLC as an example, Isle of Armor came out June 2020 while Crown Tundra came out roughly 4 months later in October 2020. The gap should be even smaller this time around with both parts coming out within one season of each other, with the widest gap possible without potential delays being August to December.

So basically: I'm not too confident in Side Order coming out sooner rather than later at the moment. Would definitely be cool for it to release close to the first anniversary of the game like Octo Expansion did for 2 though.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I think SV DLC will be October 2023 and January/February 2024 given the way past Pokemon release windows have been shown. The trailers for past games have had "Late" used to mean November like SV was Late 2022 until the precise release date was announced. "Late" in the year could easily also describe December, so I feel part 2 will be January/February 2024 given that's still part of Winter 2023. Then part 1 being October 2023 would be a similar gap between SV DLC parts 1 and 2 as between Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra.

But yeah, I could see it go either way regarding Side Order. The DLC I feel most confident about timing would be MK8 Deluxe DLC wave 6 which I think will be November as that would be equal timing between waves 4, 5 and 6.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

I've been waiting for months for the the chrome spawner (coffee maker) to appear in the general store. I've kept $80K aside just for this purchase. The funny thing is, I got the spawner from the shellout machine with the cheap $5K capsule of the day. Not bad!

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:S3_Decoration_spawner.png

Not all great news, though. I finally got another GOLD capsule! Still NO gold banner. Dammit. Another 10 ability chunks for every ability - I'm already swimming in chunks for most abilities from playing Salmon Run. I think my last gold capsule was january or february. Oof.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
That's bronze, not gold. But I think I already told you that a long time ago.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

WoomyNNYes

@Budda OHHHHhhhhh. If you said that to me before, I missed it or completely forgot. Wow, if that's true, then maybe I've never gotten a gold capsule?

Thanks, by the way.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Grizzco mystery rotation Salmon Run today and tomorrow. Grizzco weapon is Grizzco Clash Blaster. Map = Jammin Salmon Junction. I just got online here to see the strategies for grillers at high titde for this map.

Schedule: https://splatoon3.ink/salmonrun

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
May I ask about splatoon 3 ?
I know I ask completely very wrong game for me, but I have something in my curiosity and it might changed my mind if I found something that can be compensated.

1. Is the Story mode played like Ratchet & Clank style ? Because I got the experiences of using different weapons from Ratchet & Clank games.

2. Can I completely ignore the multi player mode? Because it will trigger me for fortnite and moreover the most hatred shooter game.
You know I hate those games.

3. How do I change the ink colors and weapons without getting involved in multi player mode ?

If I can play Solo in Splatoon 3 like Ratchet & Clank style (Story Mode only) and able to change my looks especially the hair color, the ink color and the weapons choices in Story mode (i want the Giant Roller and the Giant Bow) without ever touching multi player mode, I might changed my mind and I might consider the game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

CinnamonRobin

The weapons and ink colours are pre-determined for each level of the story mode. Most levels let you choose between about 3 different weapons, but you can't freely choose any weapon in any level. You can unlock everything in the single-player mode without ever touching multiplayer though.

CinnamonRobin

KidSparta

@Anti-Matter It is a great single player mode, especially because it completes some things set up by Splatoon 1 and 2. To give you a fair warning, though, the Splatoon series is primarily a multiplayer game, and the story is just a nice something extra. It’s likely you can finish and even 100% complete the story in 10-15 hours. If that’s all you’re interested in, it may not be worth the full price, but that’s ultimately up to you.

You can’t control the way others talk to you, but you can control the way you talk to others.

WoomyNNYes

Hey, @Anti-Matter!
You can get Splatoon 3 just for the single player. You don't have to touch the online multiplayer modes.

Is Splatoon single player story like Ratchet & Clank style? I'd say Splatoon has more of a mario structure. I mean, did you think there was a lot story in Mario Odyssey? Mario Odyssey didnt' have a lot of story, but the levels and the worlds are still great looking, very creative, and quite fun & compelling. What I remember of Ratchet & Clank was they had a good number of cutscenes with more voice acting & plot. The voice acting in Splatoon is a watery sounding squid gibberish. It's cool, but not much of a plot drvier.

Splatoon 3 single player levels assign you 1-3 weapon options for each level. Most levels let you choose from two or three weapons types, but not always. Some levels only offer one weapon. Splatoon and Ratchet & Clank have their similarities. They're 3d platformers with weapons. The weapons in Splatoon are not as theatrical like Ratchet & Clank, but that's not a put down of Spaltoon weapons. When I first got Splatoon, I thought the weapons were very impressive & compelling, and using the ink to swim in, or swim up walls is very satisfying & functional.

The single player world/mode doesn't have any customization for the character. Customizing is only for the town square and for the online battles. 90% of the customizations have to be bought with money, or earned playing online. However, you do unlock one or two outfits for completing single player, but I don't I dont think they're things you'll care much about. They're cool to win as an accomplishment, but the default clothes you get at the beginning of the game are cooler.

If you think mario levels with weapons sounds interesting, I think there's a good chance you'd like Splatoon single player. I was SO skeptical of Splatoon when I bought Splatoon 2, but after I played a few levels, experienced a few weapons, I was very impressed. It's a very cool platformer, very unique style. This is top notch Nintendo.

I mean, if you buy the physical game and dont like it, you can still get half your money back if you trade it in at a game store or sell it. I'd say it's worth it to try it. Or buy it on sale or used.

EDIT: Correction, when you boot up the game, you do customize your avatar, but it's not really clothes. You do get to choose girl or boy, hair style, eye color, skin color, and you pic the bottoms - tights, shorts, torn skinny jeans, jogger pants, leggings. You can change your character later by opening settings, then other/player settings, and you can re-choose those attributes. Although, changing your character later requires a load screen or two, so it's not super quick. .........Oh, Your gender/hair style/eyes/skin color do carry into single player, but that's it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
Hm...
Sounds interesting.
I might give a try, but I will do some search again from YouTube to make sure I can get out a little bit again from my comfort zone and I will find the secondhand of Splatoon 3 with cheaper price to test if I will match with the game.
Thanks anyway for the detailed information about Splatoon 3 Single mode.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter You cannot change your hair color, really. When you play online battles, your ink color is randomly assigned, and your hair color match the ink color your last online battle. Even if you played online, you cant just pick hair color. If you save an online battle replay, and you open & watch it, your hair color will end up matching the ink color in the replay, but it's such a pain in the butt to load & play a replay, that you won't want to mess with it just to change your ink/hair color.

Regarding weapons & play styles. Yes, the different weapons in Splatoon do mean you have to change your play style. The different weapon types in Splatoon adds a bit of depth.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I saw the colors that emphasized on Splatoon 3 cover were Yellow and Indigo.
Can I get the Indigo color or I will be always Yellow color for entire game in Single mode ?

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter If you only play single player, your hair color will always be yellow in the town square when you boot up the game, and its definitely always yellow in the single player hub world. I looked through some longplays of the single player campaign, and I do see some levels give you different color ink & hair, but it's only while in those specific levels, and it's usually a cool contrasting color picked to look good with the theme of the level. But after you leave the level, your hair & ink are always yellow in the hub world.

IGN has a review specifically just for the single player campaign, if you wanted to see a review focused on the single player game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1oHwHlfws

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

jump

My heart says Team Strawberry but I like the idea of me squirting my icky sticky white fluids at everyone so go Team Vanilla!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

roy130390

Wolfleaf wrote:

Btw, you can always give Salmon Run a try if you don’t like PvP, which is good way to earn money to buy outfits. I actually prefer this mode but am a bit burnt out on it after the last Eggstra work 😅

@Anti-Matter Your problem is mostly with playing player vs player modes right? Because Salmon Run would definitely give you more bang for your buck as Wolfleaf suggested you, and a lot more at that as it's highly replayable and the updates change things and keep things fresh. You do have to play WITH others though, as team work is crucial to progress through this mode.

Well, you could play that mode by yourself, but it's quite difficult.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic