Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 4,994

WoomyNNYes

jump wrote:

Do people actually like vanilla? It’s one of those things like the Transformers movies, Kings Of Leon or Call Of Duty that are massive but you never actually meet someone who is a fan.

Vanilla ice cream has been the flavor of ice cream I buy/eat the most at home. Granted, I like to eat it with a chocolate chip cookie. Next time your at the store, count how many vanilla ice creams are on the shelves vs mint chocolate chip or strawberry.

Interestingly, the PBS cooking show here in the US, called America's Test Kitchen, did a taste test for the best vanilla ice creams, and they found that ice creams labeled "vanilla bean" usually have less vanilla flavor than than "original vanilla" or "classic vanilla", etc. (amongst the ice cream brands here in the US). I've tried a bunch of different brands, and I have come to agree with them. I've never gone back to vanilla bean since. Vanilla bean = weak vanilla flavor.(here in the US)

Even though I like vanilla, doesn't mean I haven't liked other flavors.

EDIT: Here's the clip from the show: https://youtu.be/-gxC4B_WGYI

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Croctopus

It's interesting that Team Vanilla has gold ink as opposed to white. Nintendo fixed the issue with white ink making it hard to see people swimming in it like what happened with Team White Chocolate before. Gold ink still makes sense considering homestyle vanilla ice cream is yellow.

Still think chocolate ice cream was shafted. I mean, we had a whole splatfest about chocolate! It's not because brown ink would look like diarrhea because Team Milk Chocolate had reddish ink.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

jump

@WoomyNNYes I never said vanilla is bad, I've just never met anyone who likes or orders it.

In any case you're wrong! The best ice cream flavour is Ben & Jerry’s Oh My Banoffee Pie!

Untitled

Dev9417 wrote:

Still think chocolate ice cream was shafted. I mean, we had a whole splatfest about chocolate! It's not because brown ink would look like diarrhea

I'm more worried about what picking vanilla will look like in a kids game where the goal is spraying loads of white sticky fluids at the other team.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

Can anyone tell me, WTH this is a shot of in the splatfest news? Is it a coffin with two candles? I honestly have no clue. What the heck is it??😆 Is that a 90's phone answering machine? I see what looks like a curly cord on the left.

Untitled
Pasting the video to play at the relevant time stamp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98TZHMaP6yA&t=20s

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes I always thought it was a fax machine or an old printer with Xmas/Hanukkah lights next to it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

@WoomyNNYes It's a fax machine. There's tons of lore behind it actually, but the gist is that the fax machine tells the hosts what the Splatfest theme will be.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

@jump @StarPoint Ohhhh, you're right. I see the paper tray sticking out the top to hold whatever print is spit out. Ohhhhhhhh. I see. Werid. It's so hard to tell what it is. Looks like the fax machine is in a baby's crib, but with candles, definitely a fire hazard.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Croctopus

@WoomyNNYes It's the Splatfest shrine called the Voice From On High. It's a fax machine that receives signals from the human era bounced back from a spacecraft. Inklings from ancient times interpreted these themes as divine questions from gods. Inklings and Octolings sometimes don't understand the choices because of certain brands like McDonald's not existing in the world of Splatoon. Being kids, they don't care about or at least don't think too much about how the shrine works, but they still want to answer these questions by settling them in Turf War. That's why we have Splatfest!

I personally like to see it as a representative of Nintendo from the real world.

Spring-Fresh Cub

octokid

Participating in my first competitive Splatoon tournament tonight. Splat University Draft Team Eleven FOR THE WIN!!!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

octokid

Update: We lost.

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

Croctopus

The game's developers talked a little about how they made Deep Cut.
https://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-3-devs-deep-cut-origi...

• They began with the concept of "lovable antagonists"
  • If they were like the usual idols, they'd already have to compete with Squid Sisters and Off the Hook
  • Since they're antagonists, Nintendo used sharks, eels, and rays, which are all predators of squids and octopuses
  • Even though they're troublemakers, they're popular representatives of the town due to their history
  • The "Hometown hype squad" that steals to earn money to finance their struggling city
  • Nintendo wanted to make a trio since this is the third game
  • Big Man has the most common sense despite his appearance
  • They had no choice but to make Big Man's boss battle a Super Mario Sunshine reference
  • Shiver is inspired by Japanese motifs to be the opposite of the more Western motifs of the first two games

Spring-Fresh Cub

WoomyNNYes

This month's new Salmon Run gear is pretty cool. It looks futuristic, possibly related to Order, unless someone knows what its inspired by. It has a digital neon eye shield HUD(heads up display). XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@WoomyNNYes
It's probably inspired by Dragonball Z. Reading your power level... IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Fizza

Did a single round of Eggstra Work so far today whilst charging some controllers for Ghost Trick and managed to get a surprisingly respectable high score of 158! I'll definitely be coming back to it (especially after they've lifted the restrictions on friends-only) so hopefully I'll be able to maybe hit the 180 or god forbid even 200 range before Monday!

Dev9417 wrote:

• Big Man has the most common sense despite his appearance

This feels oddly manta-phobic in a way.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I tried three rounds of eggstra work here in the US (profreshional 2). My team never got past wave 3. My highest egg count stands at 53. So, I won't be touching that again. I can't win when I'm always teamed with 2-3 newbs. The matching algorithm is against me. But I'm no longer shocked by this. I'm sure all the veterans are in pools, or not playing, etc.

On a positive note, I got the new gear with the ability I wanted first try, playing regular salmon run. The first gear loadout was Ink Saver Sub, exactly what I wanted. So, that was good.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Wolfleaf Yeah, hazmy pool hasn't been much better for me in previous events, it's surprisingly full of newbs. VicVillon's pool is "autobomb". I haven't tried it yet, though. This is just the first time I remembered her pool name.

'Tendo liker

Qwertyninty

Is there an actual local co-op mode on this game. My daughter said there is.

Qwertyninty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic