Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 181 to 200 of 5,048

Fizza

@JaxonH It's hilarious honestly. I don't like the name myself (in fact it's even called the Ink Marker in Japan) but it is the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.

As for the sub itself though, I LOVE IT. The issue I've always with subs like Ink Mine and Point Sensor is that, unless your weapon is long range, it's hard to effectively use them outside of extremely specific scenarios like an Ink Mine on the tower in Tower Control for instance. But this? This can be used at almost any time and still be useful for the entire team (kind of like a miniature Echolocator now that I think about it). The fact it angles off of walls and also does a small bit of damage (presumably a bit below Burst Bomb level) makes this something I am praying gets added to a Blaster of some kind because oh it could be great.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Budda

I love how everything we saw so far for Splat3 is focusing offensive gameplay. From the Specials to the Subs. They even reworked the Pointsensor for aggressive playstyles. In Splat2 everything was focused to stall the enemy team. The Pointsensor for instance was something you prefer not to touch therefore holding you back in a way.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

JaxonH

Splatoon 3 will likely lean more toward Splatoon 1 with a slightly more aggressive design. The return of Inkjet (albeit a modified version) and more active sensors that also damage tells me we can expect an experience perhaps balanced back toward the first game, somewhere between Splatoon 1 and 2.

I just fired up Splatoon 1 and played a level in the solo campaign. Made me realize how much better and more fun the campaign was in Splatoon 2. That said, it was refreshing playing "new" content.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

Splatoon 3 can't come soon enough. I don't want anymore previews or leaks. Just gimme.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

GX_64

I never played the first Splatoon so I am really interested by the fact that people are saying it is more like it. I am really looking forward to it.

The name Angle Shooter bothers me because the word "Shooter" already refers to a type of weapon! I also really dislike how the "marker" pun was lost.

GX_64

Fizza

JaxonH wrote:

Splatoon 3 will likely lean more toward Splatoon 1 with a slightly more aggressive design. The return of Inkjet (albeit a modified version) and more active sensors that also damage tells me we can expect an experience perhaps balanced back toward the first game, somewhere between Splatoon 1 and 2.

Inkjet is back? Where was this revealed? Or are you referring to the new crab special?

JaxonH

@Fizza
I meant Inkstrike.

It's a new form of Inkstrike. Except now you throw 3 balls wherever you want.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WoomyNNYes

While looking at nintendo japan's splatoon 3 page ( https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/av5ja/index.html ), I noticed a new bit showing new gear.

English translation from the above twitter post:

"Folima" is a select brand that is not influenced by fashion and is a favorite of professionals. The highlight of this season is "Always Fan", which is the best gear for the extreme heat of Bunkara. With a built-in air conditioning fan, you can spend a cool time even in a hot battle. In addition, we have a lot of headgear with high-performance and stylish design.

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

GX_64

@WoomyNNYes There is an official translation of that on the Splatoon NA Twitter. It is interesting that the Japanese version seems to be referring to air conditioning, but the translation just says ventilation.
I also find the aesthetic of the ad and the gear strange. The background reminds me a bit of Alterna. The gear looks futuristic, much more 'Order' looking than a lot of the gear already shown. I am probably thinking too much about it.

Edit 24/5/22
The kanji in the tweet for "air conditioning" doesn't seem to have any other meanings, so the translation did change it a bit. It is very minor, but the idea of air conditioning built into a jacket seems far more impressive than ventilation, which could mean just a few holes or something.

Edited on by GX_64

GX_64

WoomyNNYes

@GX_64 I liked Order better than Chaos. I'm into it. On closer look, nothing says futuristic like that chrome baseball pitcher's mask and cargo pockets on gloves, ....and Always Fans in jackets.

Regarding the bad guys in Splatoon 3, I'm thinking the furry stuff spawns from Dr Octavio joining that evil intelligent, genetic blob that controls Agent 3 from octo expansion. Logic being, that genetic blob evolved hair. Or, I'm late to the party thinking that.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

GX_64

@WoomyNNYes The blue/green stuff from the Octo Expansion that is on Agent 3 (https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:Octo_Expansion_Sanitized_Agent_3_introduction.jpg) has quite a similar pattern to the colorful part of the Fuzzy Ooze (https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/File:S3_promo_screenshot_story_Fuzzy_Ink_00.jpg). I never really noticed that before. It is likely that it is just a coincidence though

GX_64

JaxonH

Thought I read something about Mr. Grizz and bears in space? That could be way off base. But it would explain raising funds through Grizzco in Salmon Run

Fizza

@GX_64 Maybe we'll get a role reversal where Agent 4/8 is being mind controlled by it like 3 was in Octo Expansion and we have to fight them? Perhaps with a distorted remix of Inkoming or Nasty Majesty? Anything involving previous Agents coming back would be good in my book.

GX_64

@Budda I agree, very Splatoon 1 like. It reminds me a bit of Squid Squad. It's a pity the video is so short, I would have liked to hear it loop properly.

I just looked at Inkipedia, it looks like most of the members are returning from Squid Squad! https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Squid_Squad
I don't think I have seen the character second from the right before though.
It's really cool that we now know what the members other than Ikkan are up to after Squid Squad disbanded.

GX_64

Fizza

@Budda IS THAT BLOODY SQUID SQUAD OH MY GOD.

WoomyNNYes

It's amazing how much of Nintendo's resources must be poured into musicians and bands to create & produce the music for splatoon. Its so high budget. The quality of the music is amazing. (Even if some of the songs seem a little weird. Not a put down, because I end up liking them while playing the game.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Saf01 Well, Splatoon 3 releases September 9. If you want Splatoon for the summer, Splatoon 2 is great.

I only have a Switch. I loved Splatoon 2 so much that I wish I could have played Splatoon 1, but I never got that opportunity on the Switch. I don't think you'll regret getting Splatoon 2, if you got it this summer. In the US, here, it's often on sale lately for $50 (normally $60 USD). But it's your call, what you want to do.

edit: If you're also thinking about sale prices for Splatoon 2. I keep thinking Splatoon 2 will get deeper discounts in it's final year, but so far it hasn't happend. About the only time Splatoon 2 get's a bigger discount is around black friday (holiday season sales). With how Nintendo has managed sales on it's own AAA titles, I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo doesn't give Splatoon 2 bigger discounts between now and Splatoon 3. They may hold onto evergreen pricing.

Another NL user here, tekoii, he expected Splatoon 2 to get down to $30 USD after christmas. It never happened. It's only gotten the standard 15-20% off on occasion since christmas.

(pardon my US currency references, for any non-us people<3.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

GX_64

Have you guys seen the new Return of the Mammalians images? They are the last 3 here: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Alterna
There are now many images showing an Octo Expansion style goal, not Zapfish. There was a Zapfish in the trailer, but it was not shown as part of a level, or with any other context, so to me it seems that it is possible that there are not Zapfish to rescue. This makes sense as it seems like the new campaign is going to be a bit different to the previous ones.
There are also non-hero weapons (along with a Hero Shot at least), similar to the Octo Expansion. I am getting really excited about it! It looks so much better than Octo Canyon!

Edited on by GX_64

GX_64

WoomyNNYes

@GX_64 When I use the link for that splatoon wiki page, there's nothing on it.

Edit: Although, I went to the bottom nintendo japan's splatoon 3 page, and I think I saw the three new single player pics you mention.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic