Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 5,014

WoomyNNYes

@KoenM84 keep playing. It's great. I've replayed the single player at least 7+ times. The final boss battle is kinda epic. If you've already got some Splatoon 1 skills, Octo Expansion is sick, too. A bit harder than the regular single player game. But if you've got those splatoon 1 skills, you might be ok. Salmon Run is great too.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

KoenM84

Thanks I will! Had a blast with the first iteration on the Wii U. My friend that bought me the game 3 years ago keeps on recommending the Octo Expansion as well.

It's ideal for short bursts of playing as we've got a son of 2 years old and we're working from home in these Covid-19 times.

Primal Creation - Modern Thrash Metal (BE) @ Spotify

My Nintendo: KoenM84 | Nintendo Network ID: KoenM84

WoomyNNYes

Every time i see Humpback Pumptrack live in the rotation, I wish it would go away. I loath this map. 😋
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes whats the competition there talking about that's going to happen with splatoon 2.

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

OOOo! @Ninfan, you haven't seen a Splatfest yet? They're awesome. Splatfest typically lasts 24 hours — they run from Friday night to Saturday night. All the online maps are turned into nightclubs, with cool nightclub style music. And a new map is created just for the Splatfest. (one you haven't played before). It's really fun. Splatfest's have a theme, two teams to pick from. This time it's Ketchup VS Mayo. You pick a team and are assigned a splatfest themed shirt (in-game) for the duration of Splatfest. At the end of splatfest, a winning team is calculated. Splatfest awards a bunch of super sea snails, which let you add ability slots to your gear. Both teams get the sea snails, but winning team gets a little more.

And sometimes a few new pieces of gear issued for Splatfest. Gear you can keep. If you haven't done so already, look up Squid Reserach Lab in your switch news articles(on your console). There MIGHT be some old Squid Research Labs news tiles that still offer downloadable gear.

Here's Splatfest from last Spring. I don't know if this is the greatest example, but had a hard time finding better.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan The news tile that offers this gear is still in my feed. If you've had your switch since last summer, you might have the news tile that lets you download this gear. Even if you didn't have a switch yet last summer, check your news anyway, just in case That chrome helmet is awesome.

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Ninfan

@WoomyNNYes sorry to pest you again. ( i have checked ) but how do I put up that word cloud in the lobby do I need the octo expansion pack?

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

@ NinFan To play splatfest, you don't have to do anything, just turn on Splatoon 2 and play turf war may 22-24. I think it will be available for Ireland too.

Edit: If Splatfest is available for your region, you can pick your team right now at a kiosk in Inkopolis square. I picked team Ketchup. Make sure your game is updated.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan ohhh, the "word cloud" bubble thing. I got ya. You can only post things in those if you link your Twitter or maybe Facebook. I have no idea why you can't post without a social media account.

Edit: there's a red mailbox looking thing by the shoe store in inkopolis Square. That is where you go to link twitter and create a word bubble, banner post. I don't know what they are called.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Is this Ketchup v Mayo Splatfest happening for UK too? Can anyone in the UK region confirm that you can pick Splatfest teams for this Splatfest? I'm trying to help @NinFan. I was able to pick team Ketchup yesterday here in the US.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

1UP_MARIO

@WoomyNNYes yes. It’s happening

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

blockfight

Just picked up this game again after selling it about a year ago. The demo got me back into it. Forgot how much fun it is, especially now that some of my mates are trying it out for the first time and loving it. Hopefully they invest too.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

nib0

I bought Splatoon 2 a few months ago out of curiosity and I think it's one of Nintendo's most dynamic IPs. Every parameter of the game is compelling, from the art style and lore to the overall concept and control scheme. Between the varied online modes, from the competitive turf wars to the cooperative Salmon Run, and the engaging single-player campaign, it adds up to a fine package.

Initially, I was put off by the motion controls and opted to disable them. But doing so is basically heresy for any tried and true fan of Splatoon, so I forced myself back onto motion controls and it soon felt so natural, even on handheld mode. Given that the game lacks an auto-aim function, motion controls do indeed allow one to run and gun more precisely.

As one would expect from Nintendo, there is both accessibility and depth in the gameplay, which makes it difficult to put down, even if you're – like me – not particularly good at it.

nib0

WoomyNNYes

@nib0 Yeah, I thought motion control was crazy at first, and resisted it. But yeah, it's the only way to go, and you'll never go back to stick aiming, it's that good. And, it didn't take long to get used to it.

The other thing that annoyed me when I started Splatoon 2, is the mandatory news/stage updates when you bootup the game. Nintendo made that mandatory to deter players from disconnecting from online games. Without the news, people could easily disconnect from online games (ruining your team's game), then reboot & jump jack fairly quickly & painlessly. I still don't like sitting through news, and having to hit the buttons to keep advancing through it, but knowing why they it's mandatory makes it a little easier to accept.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

kirbykeimii

Hello all,
Is anyone else up for League Battles tomorrow (Saturday, May 9) from 3PST to 5PST? Please DM me if interested @akkslidersongaday on Instagram. I would love to try out League Battle with someone.
Thanks so much!!

kirbykeimii

Ninfan

anyone one, win anything nice during splatfest?

Ninfan

LzWinky

I finally have sea snails on my second save file

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WoomyNNYes

@LzWinky hahaha. I think it's funny you posted that. Yeah, having sea snails is helpful adding ability slots. And Splatfest is the quickest way to earn sea snails. I don't blame you for being psyched I enjoyed building up a second Splatoon 2 profile last year. It was fun unlocking some of the hero weapons again, too.

@Ninfan I got 13 sea snails. I was Ketchup and played to Champion level. That was it. And, I never won the 10x or 100x battles. Still had fun though.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

clvr

Hi everyone!
I got Splatoon 2 like a year and half ago but I've recently played it after a long time and I've never been so enthralled with it!
I'm just a noobie overall (level 17, ~40 hours in), but if you have a discord/community or would simply like to play together, feel free to add me!

SW-6689-7906-4085

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic