Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 5,014

Ninfan

If I buy the Octo expansion pack will it download to my splatoon 2 cartridge on my micro sd card?

Ninfan

Maxz

@Ninfan Onto either your SD card or the system memory. I don’t believe the game cards themselves can store anything other than the base game.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Ninfan Like Maxz said. Side note: When you have a micro sd card inserted, the Switch automatically puts purchased game dlc onto you micro sd card.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MPSSislit

This is random, but is anyone else thinking that they might switch from Splatoon to Ninjala, once Ninjala releases?

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Ninfan

ACNHislit wrote:

This is random, but is anyone else thinking that they might switch from Splatoon to Ninjala, once Ninjala releases?

@ACNHislit did you play it . is it any good?

Ninfan

WoomyNNYes

@ACNHislit @Ninfan Ninjala releases June 24, Wednesday. It does look cool. The Ninjala level design looks very Splatoon-inspired, in a good way. It looks like a beat'em up. So, no shooting or ink swimming. I'll wait for release & reviews.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MPSSislit

@Ninfan
I haven't played it yet, as it hasn't released yet.
I've heard it's good, though.

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

MPSSislit

@WoomyNNYes
Yeah, I agree. 👍
If you don't mind me asking, why would you wait for reviews if it's free to play? 🤔

As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!

JoeM103

Looking for some more team mates. We mainly play salmon run and a little bit of turf war but we would probably go for a few league battles if we had a team to do it with. We're not professional standard by any means just trying to have a laugh and use the voice chat. If you're UK/Europe based (must be English speaking as we like to use the voice chat) and don't take things too seriously please add me through my code in the signature. We play most evenings particularly on the weekend.

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

WoomyNNYes

Reminder: Splatfest started: Chicken vs. Egg. Nobody knows which team of nerds will win!🤪
Be THere!
BE THere!
Be THere!
Monster Truck Rally..I mean Splatfest is on
If you miss this, you better be DEADD!! or IN JAILLL!!!
And if you're in jail, BREAKKK OUTTTT!!!
(pardon the simpsons parody 🤪)

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

eChameleon

Played a bunch of matches today. Got about 800 or so points to hit max rank during the Splatfest. Should be able to do it tomorrow.

eChameleon

Twitter:

teo_o

Don't you guys think Splatoon would benefit from a free to play treatment?
Maybe free to plays are out of the question in nintendo policies.

teo_o

BenAV

@teo_o I love Splatoon and hate basically anything with a free-to-play model so I hope not.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jump

Free to play is best used to encourage active users for online games, Splatoon has its user base so there’s no need to compromise it with free to play micro transactions.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

teo_o

Well i really DON'T like anything about Fortnite, don't get me wrong, but i've been playing Rocket League for years and Epic has decided to make it free to play, mainly to help epic store and their own pockets i'm sure, but the game itself is structured so that there's no pay to win whatsoever. of course i'm tempted to hate Epic for being the evil ruler (and i don't think there's anything to admire or to hope for from the recent lawsuit with apple). I could see the problem with kids spending money for cosmetics on a Nintendo IP, although you basically already have that with mii costumes in smash.
I don't know i think it would be a nice complement to the switch as a console to have a good free to play by Nintendo, and i also think Splatoon has a terrific gameplay and doesn't receive the praise/install base it deserves.

teo_o

jump

@teo_o I’m not sure why you think Splatoon doesn’t have a base or get praise. It’s sold over 10m copies, it’s online is constantly active and is highly regarded.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

teo_o

@jump it should top fortnite and every kid in the world should own a switch to play splatoon

teo_o

WoomyNNYes

@Shamrock Splatoon 2 is still great. I don't see any reason to wait. Nobody knows when there will be a next one. Last summer NIntendo said they wern't even working on the next one yet, and had no further comment. It's possible Splatoon may be one game per console, like the Mario Kart series.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Shamrock The single player campaign also works as a turtorial. So, if you get crushed in online turf war, sticking with the single player campaign will do a good job of helping you get better. After you reach level 4 or 10 (experience points), I think turf war matches will start matching you with tougher people. Not a bad thing, but you may notice it. There is rubber banding with matching online teams, though, so you can't lose forever

While Octo Expansion is great, it's designed to be a challenge for people who've completed the single player campaign. If you're new to Splatoon, you may want to wait till after you've beat the Splatoon 2 single player campaign. (buying octo will also allow you to play as an octoling, which may or may not interest you later on. It's just a skin - no special abilities)

Salmon Run - Key here is knowing which enemies you should prioritize killing first, and how to kill them, and work as a team. Like if you have a good long range weapon,(sniper gun) you can take out the bigger bosses. Salmon Run Tips videos helped me. You don't have to play this mode, but when I was ready for something new, this renewed my love for the game, and I spent a lot of time in Salmon Run.

Regarding more tips, I looked up Salmon Run tips on youtube. And ThatSrb2Dude on youtube has decent weapon tutorials for main weapons, sub and special weapons (each weapon has a sub & special weapon(like bombs, etc)). Changing weapons is part of the fun of the game. If you get tired of a weapon, playing/learning new weapons adds new layers to the game.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic