Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 721 to 740 of 942

Matt_Barber

You can also abuse the button controls to rapidly spam an opponent with multiple attacks in the time it would take to register a single swing with the motion controls. Get the hang of that and Ghirahim should go down pretty quickly.

Matt_Barber

Zeldafan79

Ghirahim annoyed the crap outta me the first time. I'm like dammit let go of my sword! I didn't get what the game wanted me to do.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

blaisedinsd

I completed my first play through last night entirely with button controls, majority docked with pro controller and I can say I think I like this control scheme better. I was having trouble with the bamboo mini game however even though I heard it was supposed to be easier. Girahim the first time I fought him I had a little trouble because I was trying to attack him same as motion when it’s actually much easier. I didn’t get hurt too much still, never died to him. As soon as I adjusted to simple flick instead of trying to ready my sword I dominated him in all 3 encounters.

I booted up my old Wii save just after and oh my goodness does it look like ass now. Actually this is on Wii U over hdmi it looks so bad, probably looks better on crt. I fought demise, im not sure if this was a hero mode save but the fight was a little different. On switch I used a skyward strike to defeat him, this is how I remember but on Wii Fi said I couldn’t use skyward strikes in the area. But man I wasn’t liking flicking my nunchuck for a shield bash after just clicking my joystick on switch.

So I think I beat hero mode and found it quite easy on Wii. Now I just need to decide if I want to 100% before starting hero mode. Wish it was unlocked from beginning. But hey maybe they patch it and give more toggles on motion like sword only or something.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Bunkerneath

Ok, i'm guessing its just me, but the motion controls on this game, it seems just doesnt work for me, I have to re-calibarate every 5 mins or so, has anyone else had this problem?
Also I really cant get in to the button controls as I'm so used to the right stick to move camera.
Sorry but I LOVED the Wii version of this game, I know a lot of people didnt, but these controls are really getting me down

Edit: Why could they have made an option to have Camera on all the time and you had to hold the L buton to have you sword out, it would of made more sense to me as you dont always want your sword, but moving the camera...

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Zeldafan79

@Bunkerneath

Everything about the motion controls honestly doesn't seem any less finicky than the wii version to me. You had to recalibrate constantly there too. As for the stick sword swinging yeah it's not exactly easy to get used to. One way or another it's going to be a learning curve. It does get better once you've played long enough.

BabyYoda71

I have had access to Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Ocarina of Time HD for a while, but I’ve never truly started playing them. Now I am, and I want to get Skyward Sword as well. Do you think the improvements in the Switch version is worth the extra money? Or should I (try to) get the version on Wii?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Eel

The Switch version is the one to play, the Wii one is completely obsolete now. Unless you want to experience the original really bad.

If you don’t wish to pay full price for it, perhaps buy it used?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rambler

For those that have completed the game, is it still possible to kill the end of game boss almost immediately? I did it by accident by drinking all potions at max strength and he died after just a small flurry of hits.

Rambler

NintendoByNature

Well finally at the point where I left off at a few years ago when I played the game on my wii u. 10 hours in, and at lanayru temple( forgot the actual name).

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

There's a dungeon coming up after that one that you may find pretty awesome! Keep going!

NintendoByNature

@Zeldafan79 very excited to see the rest of the game! Aside from my struggles with ghirahim and lizalfos, it's amazing.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I enjoyed that one a lot. Lanayru mining facility. Awesome dungeon.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO I think I already did the mining facility which was fun. This is the main dungeon after that. The one where you have to find the elements to open the gate to it. That's right where I left off last night and a few years ago. Super excited to jump in tn.

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

Yeah lizalfos can be annoying. Learning when to parry enemy attacks helps. Like with the snails in the desert. First time I played they recked me. The desert is probably the hardest area in the game. It also has my favorite dungeon but it's not really a dungeon. You'll see 😉

Eel

I…

I had no idea that one song with the weird name they overused in the original Hyrule Warriors came from this game. Like, for me, that’s a Hyrule Warriors song.

I kinda felt like I was back in that game for a bit.

Also I feel kinda bad for Ghirahim, during his last battle, all that hyping up and he didn’t hurt me once.

Demise on the other hand….

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NinChocolate

About to go through Ancient Cistern. Always loved this level and it’s music.

NinChocolate

Zeldafan79

I always screw up the door puzzle in the cistern. I swear i got the pattern memorized for the symbols but it's like the solution is supposed to be mirrored or something because it doesn't work. Does that happen to anyone else?

MS7000

@Eel I am assuming you mean Kumite based on what you were describing. The only other song I can think off from Skyward Sword used as frequently is the Bazaar music which was also rearranged for Hyrule Warriors... damn it, I might have to listen to it again soon.

The build-up to the last fight with Ghirahim was pretty great in my opinion. But yeah, I found the second battle with him to be harder.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

scannerdarkly7

I beat it in a few days, it's a very good game. I felt not having the Amiibo is no big deal. I played it mostly using JoyCons for the 'true' experience, but for the last boss and the area where you're swimming to collect musical notes - I had to use my Pro Controller.

I still had some issues with the motion controls, such as thrusting my sword down. It would never read that very well at all. Extremely glad traditional controls are there when you need them!

Great to play a linear Zelda title with a bit of story and some cracking music. Dungeons are also some of the best!

scannerdarkly7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic