Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 721 to 740 of 907

Eric258

@Eel Bruh, that is some extraordinary luck haha. Didn't even know you could land on those things haha.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

tamantayoshi

@Eel Lol same thing happened to me, but... Ianded on the negative 10 rupee one.

tamantayoshi

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, this game… this freaking game man.

It’s so good! I haven’t felt this way about a Zelda since Twilight Princess on the Wii, which was my first Zelda game, back before I’d really gotten into gaming as a hobby. Even BotW didn’t elicit this kind of response. That’s not to say it wasn’t as good- it awed me in other ways. But this specific formula is just so rewarding when you figure out a puzzle. And these puzzles probably aren’t even that hard but they make you feel like a genius when you figure it out. And I love that.

I immediately figured out the crack in the wall of the earth temple once I got the map. I had also recalled somebody saying something about it in here but I saw the big ❌ on the wall in the map with a passageway beyond it.

Then I found a silver rupee shooting my robot insect inside a fire spout. Then cutting the cords on this gate? Ah, so good!

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH

In zelda games i almost never look at the map of a dungeon unless I'm really stuck. That earth temple was probably giving me and a few others trouble because we didn't think to check the map. Another instance where i got really stuck was in TP during the water temple. I think it was the room with the boss key. People say the one in OOT is too difficult. They obviously never played TP.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Eric258

@JaxonH Honestly the robot beetle is probably one of my favourite items to use in a Zelda game. I really hope it comes back in some form as its so fun finding secret little nooks and tunnels and picking up rupees and hearts. Not to mention, it's pretty useful to use to survey the area when you get stuck and can act as a slingshot or bow when you're low on ammo.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Zeldafan79

Yeah that beetle should be on a best items of all time in zelda list. It's so useful!

1UP_MARIO

Zeldafan79 wrote:

Yeah that beetle should be on a best items of all time in zelda list. It's so useful!

100%

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

JaxonH

Made it to Lanayru Mines, got through the initial part and just got to the big area.

Seems I still can’t upgrade a single item though. I am missing at least one part I need to upgrade each of my items. Like, I need Dusk Claws so I can’t upgrade this. Only have 2 monster claws and need 3 so I can’t upgrade that. They make those items really hard to get in this game.

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH

The bug medal helps with finding certain bugs but yeah I'm always missing some upgrades item. I guess always being on the lookout for new bugs/monster parts is a good idea. When you get to new areas always stop to look for things like that on your way.

Eel

You'll have easy access to most of the materials by the halfway point of the game. I'd recommend upgrading the bug net as soon as you're able to, since it'll make getting the most annoying materials easier.

The rarer ones, like goddess plumes, can be easily obtained by doing well in the bamboo mini game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

Eel wrote:

I'd recommend upgrading the bug net as soon as you're able to, since it'll make getting the most annoying materials easier.

This is something I need to do. I’ve missed so many bugs

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

JaxonH

@Eel
Ha! As if I can actually do well at that bamboo game.

14 slices is it. I can’t squeeze another slice.

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH
It helps to swing your sword at an angle and not too fast or the swings won't count. It's best to wait until later in the game when your sword gets an upgrade.

Eel

Switch to stick control for easier wins.

It goes from 14 slices and arm pain, to at least 25 effortless slices every time.

You just need to alternate sides every now and then, or else the bamboo will move too much to either side and go out of reach.

For the rare treasures you need to achieve 30 cuts, which is ridiculously easy with the joystick.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NintendoByNature

I've noticed my right stick doesn't go all the way up on my JC. I have to press pretty hard to raise my sword for a skyward slash or whatever it's called. Gotta send another JC in to Nintendo 😩

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Eel
Ya… I kinda forgot to mention, but that 14 was after switching to analog.

It was only 6 with motion 😂

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

Ah. Ouch!

Well you just gotta practice the art of flicking the analog stick like a mad person!

Bloop.

My dead channel.

NotTelevision

This is my first time playing Skyward Sword, and so far I'm liking it alright but not loving it. I like the relationship between Zelda and Link, the graphics, and the music. The initial Faron Woods region feels a bit bland and lacks the atmosphere of other forest regions from the series. I don't quite get the feeling of "going on an adventure" like Ocarina or Wind Waker mainly because the first 4 hours you are just get railroaded from one small region to the next.

Look forward to playing more though...

NotTelevision

TheJGG

@NotTelevision Very fair. Now that you mention it I can't disagree. Though it's not my first time playing Skyward Sword... the music is probably my favourite thing. I find myself flying around the Sky just listening to the music.

I take it you haven't done any dungeons yet. When you finish one do tell us how it goes. I found that the were relatively challenging. Especially first time round! So I'd suggest NOT using a guide. The feeling of discovery is so rewarding when done solo.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic