Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 701 to 720 of 942

1UP_MARIO

Zeldafan79 wrote:

Yeah that beetle should be on a best items of all time in zelda list. It's so useful!

100%

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

Made it to Lanayru Mines, got through the initial part and just got to the big area.

Seems I still can’t upgrade a single item though. I am missing at least one part I need to upgrade each of my items. Like, I need Dusk Claws so I can’t upgrade this. Only have 2 monster claws and need 3 so I can’t upgrade that. They make those items really hard to get in this game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH

The bug medal helps with finding certain bugs but yeah I'm always missing some upgrades item. I guess always being on the lookout for new bugs/monster parts is a good idea. When you get to new areas always stop to look for things like that on your way.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Eel

You'll have easy access to most of the materials by the halfway point of the game. I'd recommend upgrading the bug net as soon as you're able to, since it'll make getting the most annoying materials easier.

The rarer ones, like goddess plumes, can be easily obtained by doing well in the bamboo mini game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

Eel wrote:

I'd recommend upgrading the bug net as soon as you're able to, since it'll make getting the most annoying materials easier.

This is something I need to do. I’ve missed so many bugs

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@Eel
Ha! As if I can actually do well at that bamboo game.

14 slices is it. I can’t squeeze another slice.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Zeldafan79

@JaxonH
It helps to swing your sword at an angle and not too fast or the swings won't count. It's best to wait until later in the game when your sword gets an upgrade.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Eel

Switch to stick control for easier wins.

It goes from 14 slices and arm pain, to at least 25 effortless slices every time.

You just need to alternate sides every now and then, or else the bamboo will move too much to either side and go out of reach.

For the rare treasures you need to achieve 30 cuts, which is ridiculously easy with the joystick.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

I've noticed my right stick doesn't go all the way up on my JC. I have to press pretty hard to raise my sword for a skyward slash or whatever it's called. Gotta send another JC in to Nintendo 😩

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Eel
Ya… I kinda forgot to mention, but that 14 was after switching to analog.

It was only 6 with motion 😂

NotTelevision

This is my first time playing Skyward Sword, and so far I'm liking it alright but not loving it. I like the relationship between Zelda and Link, the graphics, and the music. The initial Faron Woods region feels a bit bland and lacks the atmosphere of other forest regions from the series. I don't quite get the feeling of "going on an adventure" like Ocarina or Wind Waker mainly because the first 4 hours you are just get railroaded from one small region to the next.

Look forward to playing more though...

NotTelevision

jedgamesguy

@NotTelevision Very fair. Now that you mention it I can't disagree. Though it's not my first time playing Skyward Sword... the music is probably my favourite thing. I find myself flying around the Sky just listening to the music.

I take it you haven't done any dungeons yet. When you finish one do tell us how it goes. I found that the were relatively challenging. Especially first time round! So I'd suggest NOT using a guide. The feeling of discovery is so rewarding when done solo.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

Is it just me or were the Wii graphics better? It felt more painting like as the colours look too solid now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@jump Nah, I feel like it was really blurry, and detracted from the game's visuals more than enhanced. Because textures are better it just looks clean.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

@TheJGG I’m not so sure myself, I think I prefer the Wii version.

I really want to run the Wii version again to check it against this one but I’m not buying on it the Wii U eshop and I sold my Wii copy when the Switch version was rumoured. I basically got an extra tenner by selling then rather than now, who says rumours are bad. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

jump wrote:

Is it just me or were the Wii graphics better? It felt more painting like as the colours look too solid now.

It's a bit more than just a higher render resolution because the higher resolution also means the size of the "paint effect" is smaller. Which does impact the way it looks a bit because effectively it's increasing the draw distance significantly. I'd argue it's for the better but I can kinda see the argument for the "heavier" style on the Wii. Screenshot from DF's breakdown:
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Tendo64

Mauzuri wrote:

Anyone else struggling to adjust to the button controls? I spend ten minutes fighting Ghirahim in the first dungeon because I couldn't hit him with the sword.. >_>

Found the second boss much easier than Ghirahim, which i found probably one of the biggest drags in any Zelda game I've played.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

NintendoByNature

@Mauzuri same happened to me. I found you have to shimmy your body in the correct spot, and not just slash him the correct way. It was definitely an annoying boss fight for sure. However loved the dungeon..

NintendoByNature

Eel

For the button controls, you just don’t need to overthink it.

For ghirahim, for example, you just need to hold your sword in one direction to bait him, and then just let go and quickly flick in that same direction. He had no chance to hit me at all during that first phase.

It’s not like motion controls where you have to move and hold your position to ready a slash, you can just flick the joystick in any direction to quickly slash that way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic