Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 701 to 720 of 786

TheJGG

@MarioBrickLayer I think you’re doing great! I don’t have a reference from when I first played the game but because I have a vague inkling of puzzle solutions and dungeon layouts (better than nothing) I’ve been speedy. I’m about to enter the fourth dungeon after 11 hours.

But keep on, this game has a lot to offer!

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

IndoorHero

I'm almost at the point where I stopped playing on the Wii version of the game so everything soon will be completely new to me. I haven't played it since it first came out but I feel like I'm breezing through it this time around. Must be the QoL improvements and the more streamlined experience they've created.

Using the pro controllers over motion controls are making for a much more enjoyable experience. I don't mind motion controls but I just remember the controls for the Wii version feeling too fiddly.

IndoorHero

Switch Friend Code: SW-6236-4798-3200

msm2000

I'm not sure if it's just me but I think I actually found the motion controls on wii more precise than in this version. I really had no issues whatsoever with controls on wii but already have had some inconsistent tracking etc. here.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Eel

From what I hear, the Wiimote would use the sensor bar to automatically calibrate itself. The Switch doesn’t have one, so you need to do it manually by pressing Y regularly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@msm2000 The wii had a censor bar and the Switch lacks one.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

msm2000

Yeah I know that's the reason it's just frustrating to see the game got so much stick on its initial release when so far at least I enjoyed my time with that version more because it felt like a smoother control system.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Eel

I'm having a blast using the motion-less controls. You could try them.

I got to Scaldera again yesterday, yep it's as annoying as I remember it. Fumbling with the bombs is a bit too slow but thankfully I don't need to stand up or twist my wrist just to roll the bombs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

JaxonH

Made a little more progress tonight. I’m now at the Earth Temple, having just grabbed the 5 pieces of the key to unlock it.

Wallet upgraded to hold 1400 rupees now, with all but one slot unlocked in the item pouch. Now I need to save up for that heart medallion.

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

I didn’t remember the third boss being so… Easy! It literally didn’t touch me once.

Huh.

But that means a certain giant nuisance is up next…. Yeah I think I’ll take some to… Uh do side quests in the sky….

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Tendo64

Button controls for the bomb in this game are fkn horrible

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Zeldafan79

@Tendo64

I remember motion controls for the bombs were horrible too. I kept flinging them upward when i didn't want to and i'd try to roll them and they Wouldn't roll or would blow up in Links face.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Koldur

Motion controls for the bombs is pretty good for me, took some practice with rolling at first, but after a minute, always goes like I want them to go. On the Wii, not so much for me.

Koldur

MarioBrickLayer

@TheJGG Thanks! I'm really enjoying it, unless the game goes dramatically downhill from here, I'll be playing it to completion!

@JaxonH What does the Heart Medallion do?!

MarioBrickLayer

IndoorHero

@MarioBrickLayer Adds a heart container if I remember correctly.

IndoorHero

Switch Friend Code: SW-6236-4798-3200

MS7000

@MarioBrickLayer @IndoorHero Not quite, but I don't blame you for thinking that as I thought that too initially. The Life Medal adds the extra heart container. The Heart Medal makes heart flowers reappear in Hero Mode, and make hearts easier to find in general in the normal mode (more likely to drop from enemies, cutting grass etc).

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

JaxonH

@MarioBrickLayer
Not completely sure. I thought it would help you find heart pieces out in the world like the bug medallion.

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

Tendo64

Thank god for internet walkthroughs, which I've had to refer to just a little bit so far (Earth Temple). There's some things that I legitimately would not have ever seen or worked out if not.

Zeldafan79

@Tendo64

Everytime I do a playthrough I'm always forgetting about that crack in the wall that opens up more of the main room with the big ball. I get stuck and totally space out. Then I go oh duh the crack dummy the crack! 🙄

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tendo64

Zeldafan79 wrote:

@Tendo64

Everytime I do a playthrough I'm always forgetting about that crack in the wall that opens up more of the main room with the big ball. I get stuck and totally space out. Then I go oh duh the crack dummy the crack! 🙄

That's exactly the part I'm talking about. Had it not been for a guide, I never would have seen it or worked it out. Found it hardly even visible. Then there was another one...

Eel

I always forget. I but I also always end up finding it by looking at the in game map and noticing the wall is blocking a path.

This game came out in that period of time when Zelda games liked to use the maps as part of the gameplay. So it’s useful to check it every now and then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic