Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 741 to 760 of 907

jump

Is it just me or were the Wii graphics better? It felt more painting like as the colours look too solid now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheJGG

@jump Nah, I feel like it was really blurry, and detracted from the game's visuals more than enhanced. Because textures are better it just looks clean.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

jump

@TheJGG I’m not so sure myself, I think I prefer the Wii version.

I really want to run the Wii version again to check it against this one but I’m not buying on it the Wii U eshop and I sold my Wii copy when the Switch version was rumoured. I basically got an extra tenner by selling then rather than now, who says rumours are bad. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

jump wrote:

Is it just me or were the Wii graphics better? It felt more painting like as the colours look too solid now.

It's a bit more than just a higher render resolution because the higher resolution also means the size of the "paint effect" is smaller. Which does impact the way it looks a bit because effectively it's increasing the draw distance significantly. I'd argue it's for the better but I can kinda see the argument for the "heavier" style on the Wii. Screenshot from DF's breakdown:
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mauzuri

Anyone else struggling to adjust to the button controls? I spend ten minutes fighting Ghirahim in the first dungeon because I couldn't hit him with the sword.. >_>

Mauzuri

Nintendo Network ID: Mauz64

Tendo64

Mauzuri wrote:

Anyone else struggling to adjust to the button controls? I spend ten minutes fighting Ghirahim in the first dungeon because I couldn't hit him with the sword.. >_>

Found the second boss much easier than Ghirahim, which i found probably one of the biggest drags in any Zelda game I've played.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

NintendoByNature

@Mauzuri same happened to me. I found you have to shimmy your body in the correct spot, and not just slash him the correct way. It was definitely an annoying boss fight for sure. However loved the dungeon..

NintendoByNature

Eel

For the button controls, you just don’t need to overthink it.

For ghirahim, for example, you just need to hold your sword in one direction to bait him, and then just let go and quickly flick in that same direction. He had no chance to hit me at all during that first phase.

It’s not like motion controls where you have to move and hold your position to ready a slash, you can just flick the joystick in any direction to quickly slash that way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Matt_Barber

You can also abuse the button controls to rapidly spam an opponent with multiple attacks in the time it would take to register a single swing with the motion controls. Get the hang of that and Ghirahim should go down pretty quickly.

Matt_Barber

Zeldafan79

Ghirahim annoyed the crap outta me the first time. I'm like dammit let go of my sword! I didn't get what the game wanted me to do.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

blaisedinsd

I completed my first play through last night entirely with button controls, majority docked with pro controller and I can say I think I like this control scheme better. I was having trouble with the bamboo mini game however even though I heard it was supposed to be easier. Girahim the first time I fought him I had a little trouble because I was trying to attack him same as motion when it’s actually much easier. I didn’t get hurt too much still, never died to him. As soon as I adjusted to simple flick instead of trying to ready my sword I dominated him in all 3 encounters.

I booted up my old Wii save just after and oh my goodness does it look like ass now. Actually this is on Wii U over hdmi it looks so bad, probably looks better on crt. I fought demise, im not sure if this was a hero mode save but the fight was a little different. On switch I used a skyward strike to defeat him, this is how I remember but on Wii Fi said I couldn’t use skyward strikes in the area. But man I wasn’t liking flicking my nunchuck for a shield bash after just clicking my joystick on switch.

So I think I beat hero mode and found it quite easy on Wii. Now I just need to decide if I want to 100% before starting hero mode. Wish it was unlocked from beginning. But hey maybe they patch it and give more toggles on motion like sword only or something.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Bunkerneath

Ok, i'm guessing its just me, but the motion controls on this game, it seems just doesnt work for me, I have to re-calibarate every 5 mins or so, has anyone else had this problem?
Also I really cant get in to the button controls as I'm so used to the right stick to move camera.
Sorry but I LOVED the Wii version of this game, I know a lot of people didnt, but these controls are really getting me down

Edit: Why could they have made an option to have Camera on all the time and you had to hold the L buton to have you sword out, it would of made more sense to me as you dont always want your sword, but moving the camera...

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Zeldafan79

@Bunkerneath

Everything about the motion controls honestly doesn't seem any less finicky than the wii version to me. You had to recalibrate constantly there too. As for the stick sword swinging yeah it's not exactly easy to get used to. One way or another it's going to be a learning curve. It does get better once you've played long enough.

BabyYoda71

I have had access to Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Ocarina of Time HD for a while, but I’ve never truly started playing them. Now I am, and I want to get Skyward Sword as well. Do you think the improvements in the Switch version is worth the extra money? Or should I (try to) get the version on Wii?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Eel

The Switch version is the one to play, the Wii one is completely obsolete now. Unless you want to experience the original really bad.

If you don’t wish to pay full price for it, perhaps buy it used?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rambler

For those that have completed the game, is it still possible to kill the end of game boss almost immediately? I did it by accident by drinking all potions at max strength and he died after just a small flurry of hits.

Rambler

NintendoByNature

Well finally at the point where I left off at a few years ago when I played the game on my wii u. 10 hours in, and at lanayru temple( forgot the actual name).

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

There's a dungeon coming up after that one that you may find pretty awesome! Keep going!

NintendoByNature

@Zeldafan79 very excited to see the rest of the game! Aside from my struggles with ghirahim and lizalfos, it's amazing.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature I enjoyed that one a lot. Lanayru mining facility. Awesome dungeon.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic