Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 681 to 700 of 742

JaxonH

@Zeldafan79
They have. Motion gestures better recognized. But no IR means you do have to keep it calibrated. Hardly an issue though. It's one button press. No setting Wiimote on ground for 5 seconds required.

@steveO_of_time
Ya that's about right. But it's a single button press which isn't a big deal. I automatically press Y when going into menus, pulling out my beetle or net, and try to do so before going into combat. Just make it a habit.

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

TeeJay

@TheJGG While locked onto a fallen enemy, press Up Down Up quickly. And yes you've got to be locked on, otherwise you'll just do a vertical spin attack.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eric258

Just finished the game. Was my first time playing and was mostly blind. Was a great experience, loved the story, music and dungeons. Just plain awesome. Only issue was sometimes the controls but that was usually a minor issue that occurred from time to time. Just wish we could pick and combine control schemes in some aspect. But anyway, just WOW. I thought this would tame my hunger for BOTW 2 but if anything, it did the opposite lol

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

1UP_MARIO

@TheJGG when locked with ZL press down up

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

chipia

Is Hero Mode available from the start in this version?

I found the Wii original too easy, so if I replay it I want it to be more challenging.

chipia

tamantayoshi

@chipia Hero mode isn't available from the start. Bothers me too lol.

tamantayoshi

Tyranexx

Scaldera in and of itself is fairly easy, but the timing of the rolled bombs can certainly be frustrating.

Other than how often you fight The Imprisoned (slow and annoying), the only boss I'd say is meh is Tentalus. Most of the bosses in this game range from somewhat decent to amazing.

Koloktos especially is one of my favorite fights in the entire series.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

Already at 50.99 on Amazon u.s. fyi. Walmart has it for 49.99 in store

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

Did anybody ever tell you that's a pretty cool username? Wish I'd thought of that.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

NintendoByNature

@Zeldafan79 nah man. No one gives me the credit I deserve around here 😌. Thanks though! I like it!

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

No one gives Nintendo the credit around here either. Nice to know there's a few of us left.

Nintendo for life!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

1UP_MARIO

Ordered yesterday and got that skyward sword postcard set from my Nintendo. Super fast delivery but a waste of a big box. Something they could’ve posted in a envelope.
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ElijahJoenz

@skywake You hit the nail on the head there Nostrodamus.

Give it to me straight, when will we see Metroid Prime 4?

ElijahJoenz

ElijahJoenz

skywake wrote:

OoT -> OoT 3D: 13 years
MM -> MM 3D: 15 years
WW -> WW HD: 10 years
TP -> TP HD: 10 years

We're getting Breath of the Wild this year maybe its a good idea to leave it at that for a bit. I wouldn't be bothered if the next few years looked something like this:

2017: Breath of the Wild
2018: No Zelda game
2019: "Portable style" Zelda
2020: No Zelda game
2021: Skyward Sword HD
2022: Next big Zelda release

That way there's a decent enough gap between the remaster and the original. 10 years is a decent enough length of time. And we don't get flooded by Zelda games but we do get regular releases.

Meant to hit quote, not reply

ElijahJoenz

JaxonH

Gosh dang.

That was downright clairvoyant- some real Miss Cleo insight there.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

He is our collective uncle who works at Nintendo.

Edit:

Yay I finally got my copy of the game. I've playing on the Lite and it's been pretty good so far. I love that you can quickly spam alternate sword slashes and overpower the bokoblins once you get your first hit in.

I also tried using my 8bitdo Lite, for science. It's the controller with dpads instead of analog sticks. And... It actually works surprisingly well... Though for some reason you can't roll with it, it always does the shield bash instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

skywake

Eel wrote:

He is our collective uncle who works at Nintendo.

Haha, in some ways that's pretty accurate. I'm sure my niece probably talked about me at her school like that

ElijahJoenz wrote:

Give it to me straight, when will we see Metroid Prime 4?

..... at this rate?

2024. They'll go for late 2023 and we'll get Metroid Prime Trilogy next year to keep us going. But knowing Metroid Prime 4 it'll be delayed again

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: Pond, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarioBrickLayer

I'm 12 hours in, I'm in the northern desert making my way across the quicksand with the time shift stones.

I didn't play it on the Wii so this is my first attempt. I'm really enjoying it!!

I found using the sword a real pain to begin with, but right after fighting Ghirahim at the Skyview temple it suddenly clicked a bit, I'm still not amazing in battle but I'm improving!

Given my progress, I'm not sure if taking 12 hours to reach this point is really slow or average?!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic