Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 661 to 680 of 942

tamantayoshi

@chipia Hero mode isn't available from the start. Bothers me too lol.

tamantayoshi

Tyranexx

Scaldera in and of itself is fairly easy, but the timing of the rolled bombs can certainly be frustrating.

Other than how often you fight The Imprisoned (slow and annoying), the only boss I'd say is meh is Tentalus. Most of the bosses in this game range from somewhat decent to amazing.

Koloktos especially is one of my favorite fights in the entire series.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

Already at 50.99 on Amazon u.s. fyi. Walmart has it for 49.99 in store

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

Did anybody ever tell you that's a pretty cool username? Wish I'd thought of that.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

NintendoByNature

@Zeldafan79 nah man. No one gives me the credit I deserve around here 😌. Thanks though! I like it!

NintendoByNature

Zeldafan79

@NintendoByNature

No one gives Nintendo the credit around here either. Nice to know there's a few of us left.

Nintendo for life!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

1UP_MARIO

Ordered yesterday and got that skyward sword postcard set from my Nintendo. Super fast delivery but a waste of a big box. Something they could’ve posted in a envelope.
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ElijahJoenz

@skywake You hit the nail on the head there Nostrodamus.

Give it to me straight, when will we see Metroid Prime 4?

ElijahJoenz

ElijahJoenz

skywake wrote:

OoT -> OoT 3D: 13 years
MM -> MM 3D: 15 years
WW -> WW HD: 10 years
TP -> TP HD: 10 years

We're getting Breath of the Wild this year maybe its a good idea to leave it at that for a bit. I wouldn't be bothered if the next few years looked something like this:

2017: Breath of the Wild
2018: No Zelda game
2019: "Portable style" Zelda
2020: No Zelda game
2021: Skyward Sword HD
2022: Next big Zelda release

That way there's a decent enough gap between the remaster and the original. 10 years is a decent enough length of time. And we don't get flooded by Zelda games but we do get regular releases.

Meant to hit quote, not reply

ElijahJoenz

JaxonH

Gosh dang.

That was downright clairvoyant- some real Miss Cleo insight there.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

He is our collective uncle who works at Nintendo.

Edit:

Yay I finally got my copy of the game. I've playing on the Lite and it's been pretty good so far. I love that you can quickly spam alternate sword slashes and overpower the bokoblins once you get your first hit in.

I also tried using my 8bitdo Lite, for science. It's the controller with dpads instead of analog sticks. And... It actually works surprisingly well... Though for some reason you can't roll with it, it always does the shield bash instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

skywake

Eel wrote:

He is our collective uncle who works at Nintendo.

Haha, in some ways that's pretty accurate. I'm sure my niece probably talked about me at her school like that

ElijahJoenz wrote:

Give it to me straight, when will we see Metroid Prime 4?

..... at this rate?

2024. They'll go for late 2023 and we'll get Metroid Prime Trilogy next year to keep us going. But knowing Metroid Prime 4 it'll be delayed again

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarioBrickLayer

I'm 12 hours in, I'm in the northern desert making my way across the quicksand with the time shift stones.

I didn't play it on the Wii so this is my first attempt. I'm really enjoying it!!

I found using the sword a real pain to begin with, but right after fighting Ghirahim at the Skyview temple it suddenly clicked a bit, I'm still not amazing in battle but I'm improving!

Given my progress, I'm not sure if taking 12 hours to reach this point is really slow or average?!

MarioBrickLayer

jedgamesguy

@MarioBrickLayer I think you’re doing great! I don’t have a reference from when I first played the game but because I have a vague inkling of puzzle solutions and dungeon layouts (better than nothing) I’ve been speedy. I’m about to enter the fourth dungeon after 11 hours.

But keep on, this game has a lot to offer!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

msm2000

I'm not sure if it's just me but I think I actually found the motion controls on wii more precise than in this version. I really had no issues whatsoever with controls on wii but already have had some inconsistent tracking etc. here.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Eel

From what I hear, the Wiimote would use the sensor bar to automatically calibrate itself. The Switch doesn’t have one, so you need to do it manually by pressing Y regularly.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@msm2000 The wii had a censor bar and the Switch lacks one.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

msm2000

Yeah I know that's the reason it's just frustrating to see the game got so much stick on its initial release when so far at least I enjoyed my time with that version more because it felt like a smoother control system.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Eel

I'm having a blast using the motion-less controls. You could try them.

I got to Scaldera again yesterday, yep it's as annoying as I remember it. Fumbling with the bombs is a bit too slow but thankfully I don't need to stand up or twist my wrist just to roll the bombs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JaxonH

Made a little more progress tonight. I’m now at the Earth Temple, having just grabbed the 5 pieces of the key to unlock it.

Wallet upgraded to hold 1400 rupees now, with all but one slot unlocked in the item pouch. Now I need to save up for that heart medallion.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic