Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 221 to 240 of 525

Luna_110

I don't like the Rabbids, but I'm willing to give this game a chance. Gameplay looks good, and it doesn't seem to be as wacky as when it was first leaked.... Still, I'll probably wait for reviews.
The game's winning me over.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Therad

Looking at some game play from treehouse, yeah it is xcom 2. Half/full cover, percentage chance to hit, flanking shots, destructible terrain...

Therad

ShaunDavis

So excited for this game. Looks amazing

ShaunDavis

Nicolai

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That doesn't seem so small for a tactical rpg. It's not like they have to put a crazy amount of detail into each tile space. I bet each level has parts slotted into it like bricks.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

OorWullie

I bet if Nintendo wasn't involved and it was made only by Ubisoft its file size would be much larger than that, even as a Switch exclusive.

For me the smaller the better as it means the quicker I'll get to play it. Nothing worse than buying a game and having to wait a day to play it. I've got 10 games to download today on my brand spanking new Switch, MK8D will be the biggest so I'll download that last. Nothing beats a new console day.,love it

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Ok, I was shocked at how good this game looked at the reveal, but little did I know just how good it really is.

Watch this gameplay from Arekkz Gaming on TouTube. The action really picks up around the 7 minute mark, but you'll miss his commentary. The player kind of sits there and does nothing for a minute or so after his commentary, so 7 minute mark if you want pure, raw, unadulterated gameplay.

My god was I wrong... this game went from being something I thought I'd have no interest in, to genuinely being one of my highlight games for the entire show

-Arekkz Gaming

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yeah, it's crazy how good this looks, especially after how down so many of us were on it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

silentium

I really really like the looks of this as well. I just hope the story is interesting. I have never really played a game like this but could imagine that it could get boring if the story sucks!? Do we have any info around this? I do like the in-game jokes though which they have shown so far.

silentium

meleebrawler

@silentium Fairly basic. Portal randomly shows up in Mushroom Kingdom and mixes it with Rabbids.One particular Rabbid causes fusions, and Bowser Jr. (no sign of his dad currently) takes him (also calling it Spawny) to cause mischief.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

@Ralizah

I really like the colored helmets the enemy rabbids are wearing... they look so cool. And I like how characters tumble through pipes rather than glide, and the striped color rope curser and range boundary just looks great.

Idk. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that makes me like it so much... it's just everything, everything as a whole

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH You know what I like?

The animations. EVERYTHING is so beautifully animated in this game, from the basic movements and mannerisms of the characters to the character portraits in the menus.

The colors. This game just POPS. It's like a carnival for the eyes.

The music. Especially in that clip you posted. It sounds like Kirkhope is channeling Danny Elfman via Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

The gameplay. This is basically simplified XCOM! I'm... still a bit dumbfounded by this aspect of the crossover. Mario characters and Rabbids in a tactical turn-based strategy game...

meleebrawler

Perhaps not surprisingly, the game appears to have a more... western type of humor. Much more slapstick and physical comedy compared to something like Mario & Luigi, which delivers humor mainly through dialogue.

Ralizah

@meleebrawler I expected as much, considering it has Rabbids in it. Does this game even have much of anything in the way of dialogue in it?

TuVictus

Man Grant Kirkhope's music is so recognizable, I love his style

TuVictus

meleebrawler

@Ralizah So far, mostly during cutscenes, and from what we could see, only from Beep-o and Junior. Beep-o also comments on things you look at in the overworld, but that appears to be the extent of it. Not much to write home about there, except a usual crack at "nobody pays attention to Weegee".

Luna_110

We're eating a lot of crow with the game, it went from being detested to being one of the most awesome things at E3.
It looks wonderful and I'm fully interested in it, while I'll admit I thought it would be a disaster when it was leaked. Ubisoft Italy definitively hit it out of the park with this one!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

kkslider5552000

Luna_110 wrote:

We're eating a lot of crow with the game, it went from being detested to being one of the most awesome things at E3.

As someone who was defending the game before its proper reveal...even I'm surprised at how good it seems to be. I am not the person to judge a yet to be released strategy game, but this seems like a pretty high quality one so far.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
I was defending it before its reveal too, but more so out of a desire to not write off a game before seeing it. I had no idea whether it would actually be any good or not.

This is the best possible outcome we could have hoped for. And really, you know a game has promise when the majority of the online community has already decided to hate it, and yet it somehow manages to break through as one of the stand out games of the expo. Games rarely come back from the brink like that. Had it just looked "okay" I'm betting people would have mostly stuck to their original viewpoints. This game needed to hit it out of the ballpark to stand a fighting chance, and it did exactly that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic