Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,230

MarioVillager92

Mario Party 3's coming soon, hooray! Been wanting to play it for a good while now!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Croctopus

It's crazy how long Mario Party 3 has taken. It was announced in last year's September Nintendo Direct. It's been a little over a year since. Was Nintendo afraid that Game Guy's minigames promote gambling? It makes me wonder if that was what stopped it being on Wii's or Wii U's VC.

Whatever, I'm just happy to finally get to play one of only a few Mario Parties I've never played.

Spring-Fresh Cub

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

LuigiTheGreenFire

Croctopus wrote:

It's crazy how long Mario Party 3 has taken. It was announced in last year's September Nintendo Direct. It's been a little over a year since. Was Nintendo afraid that Game Guy's minigames promote gambling? It makes me wonder if that was what stopped it being on Wii's or Wii U's VC.
Whatever, I'm just happy to finally get to play one of only a few Mario Parties I've never played.

That's a possibility, but it's likely some business strategy that would seem weird to all of us. Nintendo probably calculated that announcing a slew of N64 for 2023 (even if it meant taking all year for them to release) was better than saying nothing.
1080 Snowboarding still needs to come out this year unless they end up delaying the release.
I'm pretty sure the only unannounced first-party games that still need to come to Switch Online are Donkey Kong 64 and Super Smash Bros. They should release both in 2024 for the 25th anniversary of those games.
Hey You, Pikachu obviously won't happen because it's dependent on a microphone. Banjo-Tooie might happen but it's not published by Nintendo anymore.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Grumblevolcano

@LuigiTheGreenFire I brought it up in the main Switch thread but given the NSO Expansion Pack can only be bought as 12 month subscriptions, you can look at it as different years of content. Year 1 (October 25th 2021 - October 24th 2022), Year 2 (October 25th 2022 - October 24th 2023), Year 3 (October 25th 2023 - October 24th 2024), etc.

Year 3 is looking rough for additions:

• N64 games confirmed (Mario Party 3, 1080 Snowboarding, Harvest Moon 64)
  • GBA games confirmed (F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Golden Sun)
  • DLC confirmed (MK8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6)

Then you can speculate what could come:

• N64 - DK64, Smash, maybe some more Rare games or Starcraft 64 (but Microsoft games are 1 a year, you'd also hope that Nintendo are cautious of Microsoft after the Xbox leaks)
  • GBA - Golden Sun The Lost Age, Mario Golf Advance Tour, Mario Power Tennis, Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land, Mario Pinball Land, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire, F-Zero GP Legend, Metroid Zero Mission, Game & Watch Gallery 4, Drill Dozer, Mario Party Advance, Wario Land 4

Some of these may get remakes instead like we saw with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Advance Wars 1+2 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. So I think there's 3 potential "wow" NSO Expansion Pack moments that would make year 3 a stronger year:
1. Mainline Pokemon - If they added Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal to base NSO and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to NSO Expansion Pack, that would massively increase excitement about the subscription
2. A new console added - It feels extremely unlikely but if they were to add something like GCN to NSO Expansion Pack, that would massively increase excitement about the subscription
3. Another high profile DLC added day 1 - Some people will have subscribed partially because of Happy Home Paradise and Booster Course Pass. Booster Course Pass 2 would be a natural fit but I'm not sure whether the future of Mario Kart will be more MK8 or a new game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

The next N64 update with Mario Party 3 is here now.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Eel

@kkslider5552000 is it still the same one from before? I’ve been using the same addresses I had from last year.

Anyway basically all it said was that it’s still the same amount of money as last year, and that the subscription renews on the first of November.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

@kkslider5552000 I sent a test email a while ago. Did you get that one? Perhaps it’s in spam?

I’m traveling at the moment so my connection is spotty.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

@Eel It actually was. That's stupid, why would it be in spam? What decided that?

At least I know it went through now

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sunsy

New Game Boy, NES, and Famicom Disk System games for NSO. Castlevania Legends, Devil World, and The Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BrazillianCara

Oh, those are a bigger deal than usual (at varying degrees).

BrazillianCara

MarioVillager92

That's a pretty decent lineup of games, honestly. Been wanting to give The Mysterious Murasame Castle a shot, I missed out on it on the 3DS.

Sunsy

@BrazillianCara @MarioLover92 Honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I can see why it's a bit of a big deal too. Devil World was never released to the US due to Nintendo of America having guidelines on religious content in their games.

Read up a bit on it online, and even gave the game a try. Reminds me of Pac-Man, except the map moves, you can be crushed by the map, you can attack your enemies, and to collect the dots you needed to have a cross (the religious content).

I wish NSO had PDFs of manuals. I know a Japanese manual wouldn't be much help (unless you know Japanese), maybe the PAL manual might explain certain mechanics and story to what's going on... yes, I remember manuals were the source of story back in the early days of gaming.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@kkslider5552000 thank you! I’ve received your part.

By the way a spot is now open in case you know someone else trustworthy who might want to join.

Also is it just me or did several posts disappear here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

Time's running out for the final 2 N64 games to be released in 2023 meanwhile GBA hasn't gotten a game since September. Honestly makes it seem like they'd be releasing Harvest Moon 64 and 1080 Snowboarding at the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

November's NSO game is Jet Force Gemini (Japan is also getting Goldeneye as it didn't in January):

EDIT: Turns out the rest of the world is getting it in December.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

MarioVillager92

Gosh, I didn't expect this game to get announced for NSO. It's a nice announcement, though. I've tried out Jet Force Gemini before... but that was years ago. I rented it once for the N64 when I was a kid.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic