Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,230

jump

@Xyphon22 cheers for that!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

For as happy as I am with TCG and Stadium 2 coming to NSO (seriously; I cannot WAIT to play through TCG and I'm very pleased another N64 game has finally been knocked off from the September 2022 Direct list), I'm very much hoping this doesn't impact the chances of other potential NSO releases happening in August like for GBA or MD since, and I know I've said it countless times at this point, I really really REALLY want stuff like Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Golden Sun to release sooner rather than later XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Because there's no first party game until October (when there's suddenly like 3 IIRC), I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed releasing some NSO games in July so that the two months without a new Nintendo game could still have some Nintendo games to play.

I'm not sure Nintendo necessarily thinks of that, but it came to mind.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

We got our next N64 game for NSO EP (2 in one month? Shocking I know) and it's....Excitebike!

If you've been around the Twitter-sphere over the past day or so, you'll probably be aware that a seemingly credible leaker (with a fabulous Pyoro PFP) who leaked stuff such as both Mario RPG Remake and Mario Wonder before the last Direct actually said that there'd be an NSO game revealed today so I personally wasn't too surprised to see this pop up (actually stayed up late to catch it at that!).

I think I'm moreso surprised by the choice they went with: Excitebike 64, while a game I was definitely excited for, was probably not on anyone's list of which one would get added next (with Mario Party fans in particular currently in despair over another month without MP3). Regardless, from what I've heard, this is a great classic racing game that I can't wait to try out for the first time come August 30th!

Xyphon22

Is it not possible to transfer your save states in the NSO games from one Switch to another? I tried today to pick back up my playthrough of Link to the Past, but it does not have any save states saved even though it says my saves are backed up to the cloud. It's not that big of a deal, I just thought it was odd.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DaftAda

Has anyone managed to unlock the Nes Excitebike mode in Excitebike 64 yet? I’ve been trying to complete the last tutorial (stunts) to unlock it but no matter what it just won’t register the second stunt in the list. All the others work ok. Have Ninty disabled the unlock for some reason?

DaftAda

kkslider5552000

Joy Mech Fight and the SNES Kirby Star Stacker! I wish they were localized but even if they're not, I'm still happy to see they aren't eternally locked to the Japanese NSO, since they've never been released officially outside of Japan before.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioVillager92

Eh... the only one that caught my attention was Kirby's Star Stacker. I never even played the Game Boy version so it'd be interesting to see what I think of it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

I think we'll get a Mega Drive batch added to NSO Expansion Pack at around 2am UK time tomorrow judging by previous patterns. Like last year we got it at 2am UK time on the Friday of TGS.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@Fizza You'll like this... Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is coming to NSO + Expansion Pack on the 29th!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Fizza

@MarioLover92 YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FINALLY
Untitled
Been waiting for Amazing Mirror to arrive for ages, so happy to see it finally coming to NSO in a week's time!

We'll definitely have to organise an online multiplayer session of it at some point too; Amazing Mirror's Metroidvania-esque structure where everyone can go and do their own things before linking back up together sounds like it'd be a ton of fun to do online!

Edited on by Fizza

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Yeah I'd like to play online with you as well! I did renew my NSO+EP sub recently so we'll make it happen. Just so you know, I did stop using Twitter for various reasons (it gets pretty negative, for one thing), so do let me know on Nintendo Life when you're ready, and I'll see if I can make it.

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Great to hear! We could have a game of Mario Party 2 within the next couple days if you want (though I might get you to organise it given how hopeless I was at using Game Invites the last time round 😅). You can choose the time and I'd let you know if it works for me! 😄

Edited on by Fizza

MarioVillager92

@Fizza All right sweet, I'll let you know when I find a good time. I'll consider your time zone as well, since we're both in totally different countries. I'm in the US, with my time zone being EDT.

Fizza

Heya folks, just wanted to pop in here to ask a quick question regarding Mario Party on NSO (and no, it's not questioning where the hell MP3 is XD): do the two MP games currently on NSO support the use of a single Joy-Con on its side?

My sister just came back from college and we were hoping to have a Mario Party game night in celebration but given how the only Switch controllers I have are the pair of Joy-Cons that came with the system (unthinkable I know), I'm worried that the two separated won't work with N64 games like MP1&2 due to having less available buttons.

It isn't a deal breaker by any means since, if Mario Party falls through, we can always just play MK8 Deluxe instead but it'd be nice to be able to actually play a bit of local Mario Party for once, you know? If anyone has an answer to my question, please let me know as soon as possible! 😁👍

WoomyNNYes

@Fizza So? Did NSO's Mario Party support playing two player with half joycons? (I saw you posted that you played)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Surprisingly yes! A bit finicky for sure but by god it worked out pretty alright in the end! Kinda makes me want to grab Super in all honesty since I've heard that one's designed around a single Joy-Con only 😅

Also thanks for reminding me to post about it; meant to do it after I finished my game earlier on but forgot XD

Edited on by Fizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic