Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,232

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Ah gotcha, no worries. Best of luck on your exams, you got this!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

GameOtaku

The last games added to the NES and SNES apps were back in July. The Expansion pass has gotten a game or two a month since July. The virtual console seems to be a better deal than this. How can anyone continue to defend NSO?

GameOtaku

FragRed

@GameOtaku I don’t think many would defend NSO, but at the same time there’s no guarantee Virtual Console would be much better when a publisher could easily release these games at a higher price point across all systems instead of going through Nintendo’s channel.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GameOtaku

@FragRed
Companies could still sell their games on other consoles store fronts as well as they can on VC. Compilations such as the Castlevania Collections tend to leave content out. The Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn’t been ported to switch either despite being on the NES originally which should’ve been obvious to port due to legacy.

As far as I’m concerned NSO is a scam and VC is the only way to go. Hopefully we will see a merger of the two so you don’t have to sub and can still buy and play classic games.

GameOtaku

FragRed

@GameOtaku You won’t see them merge and I don’t think it’s as easy for publishers to put games on other systems as well as Virtual Console. For starters Nintendo are the ones who do all the emulation work for all games on Virtual Console and NSO not the publisher. So they’d still have to then put in resources to do their own emulation to have it on other systems.

But collections like Castlevania make a lot more money for Konami because they charge such a lot more than Virtual Console would.

The Disney Afternoon Collection wouldn’t show up on Virtual Console regardless. It’s all licensed games and Disney would be the ones who’d decide if it gets put on to the Switch. Clearly they don’t care so it’s not happening.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GameOtaku

@FragRed
I wouldn’t consider it to be so out of the question. The original Ninja Turtles NES game was on the Wii VC afterall. The Collections Konami has put out are missing quite a few games (Castlevania Legends, Rondo of Blood, Contra Force and the GB port of Alien Wars) and the Genesis Collection also has none of the licensed games.

The way I see it companies stand to make more money offering their games in multiple ways. Maybe you don’t want to buy the whole collection to play just the one game. You can buy individual tracks of an album on iTunes and other platforms so why wouldn’t the same be true with games? Ideally VC should allow you to transfer games linked to your account much like said services do. Consumers complain when they continue releasing older titles and not focusing on newer releases. So with the games out there on storefronts they can then focus on newer experiences. Besides NSO should have an option to allow for those that don’t play online and have persistent internet connections to access the classic game selection.

GameOtaku

FragRed

@GameOtaku Unfortunately like it or not subscription services are going to become more normal over the coming years. Game Pass I think has started the ball rolling in the console and PC gaming sphere.

GameOtaku

@FragRed
Gamepass allows you to buy individual games so you wouldn’t need to subscribe.

GameOtaku

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I'm currently snowed in for the weekend so if you want we could play some Mario Party later today!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@Fizza What a coincidence, I'm getting snowed in as well today! It's 11:22 AM here, when would you like to play?

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Sorry for not getting back sooner, had to go take care of some chores around the house. If it's around 12:00 for you around about now then starting it in 2 hours time should be perfect! It's currently 5:07PM here in Ireland so I'll be back to you once it hits 7:00PM!

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Yeah that time sounds good to me, see you then! I'll try to see if I can get @ChameleonBros on board, too.

MarioVillager92

@Fizza I just sent you an invite on the Switch. ChameleonBros won't be available today, they just told me on Discord.

Fizza

@MarioLover92 On it! And send ChameleonBros my well wishes!

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Is there a way for us to pick up where we left off? I genuinely don't know what's happening with my connection, it says I have no bars in the app but I'm literally sitting next to my wi-fi router and getting 3 bars on my Switch.

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I have never been this royally screwed over for the whole hour of a game in my entire life. THE WORLD HATES ME.

Thanks for having me on though! Apologies once again for the connection issues, I genuinely haven't got a clue what was causing them. Hopefully it'll be better for next time! Maybe we could attempt (key word 'attempt') some MP1? Or even MP3 if it's out by the time we get there, that'd also be cool! Congrats on your win once again and I'm going to sit here and mope over how absolutely unfair that entire game was....whilst still also really enjoying it.

EDIT: What are the actual chances that the second the game finished, THIS video happened to appear in my Youtube subscriptions. That's actually hilarious.

Edited on by Fizza

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Yeah no problem, and thanks! Good game, and glad you at least had fun. Yeah you're not the only one, I sometimes get screwed in Mario Party as well... I didn't fare too well in the round before the one we just played. Yeah we could try out the original Mario Party sometime! It is considerably more difficult than its sequels, just so you know.

My apologies for not keeping up with this thread when our connection started to go haywire. Though I did try to see what I could do on my end to have our connection better. GG once again, and you have a good one.

WoomyNNYes

The discount to upgrade to the NSO expansion is a joke.

My 1 year NSO sub will expire in April (only 4 months left), and the discounted price to upgrade to the expansion is only $4.75 USD off of the full $50. Really?!? The only game I have interest in playing is Banjo Kazooie. I had no idea the discount offered to upgrade was so terrible. I can't believe this is the only way I can try Banjo Kazooie on the Switch.

I can't believe banjo is so readily available and cheap on xbox one, and probalby series x.

If it's not clear, I have zero interest in playing anything else that comes with the expansion. That's not a put down of retro. I'm just not interested anymore.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

@Kermit1 There's a chance it may show up at the Xbox Direct on January 25th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic