Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,054

Xyphon22

I was really disappointed with the list of games. I've never been able to get into Pilotwings, I don't really care for Mario Party (although my son will probably like them, but he just got Superstars like a week ago), I don't care for Pokemon (although again my son might like them), 1080 was a good time back in the day, but it's one of those genres I've grown out of, although I'm sure I'll still give it a go like I did with Wave Race. And while Excitebike 64 and Goldeneye are great, I still have both them on cart on my N64. I've always loved the NSO for the obscure titles I would never have otherwise played, and I'm hoping for more of those. And Donkey Kong 64 as I've never played that. How is that not on there yet?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MarioLover92

@Sunsy Yeah, that's understandable. I do still have a fair amount of my N64 games, both in cartridge form and on the Wii VC. I've actually played GoldenEye before, my cousin had it a while back and we played the multiplayer for a decent while. It's definitely cool that they're bringing it over to NSO+EP and Xbox.

Thanks! I'm especially excited to play Mario Party 3. That one hasn't gotten a VC release, either.

A proud Mario and Nintendo lover since childhood!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

As someone who grew up with N64, rented games during that time and played it semi-regularly for the decade after the Gamecube came out, it is almost impressive how many even obvious N64 games I haven't played in either 20+ years or at all. Just a random thought I've had, like I'm surprised NSO N64 hasn't been largely redundant for me considering how much I played that system.

It's kinda why the whole thing has worked out for me, even though its hard to spend too much time on it with all the actually bought games I have yet to play.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

I'm even more torn over the Expansion Pack:

• Mario Party 1-3 - I'm fine with Superstars (the GC games had better minigames too)
  • Goldeneye - I bought Rare Replay in 2015 so I'll have it for free on Xbox
  • 1080 Snowboarding, Pilotwings 64 and Excitebike 64 - Not that interested in those
  • Pokemon Stadium 1-2 - Are the games still good even without the transfer function from the mainline games?

I have a few days to decide as my base NSO expires then. Would've been so much easier to decide if they added something like GBA.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

I really hope we start seeing more third party released games come to the N64 because there’s certainly some I’d like to see, mostly Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Eel

In the Pokémon games: multiplayer battles, cups, and the gym challenge can be played just fine with rental teams, and the mini games are great multiplayer fun. So those modes remain funcional.

It’s just a shame they couldn’t include at least one emulated gb game to unlock the other features….

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

FragRed wrote:

I really hope we start seeing more third party released games come to the N64 because there’s certainly some I’d like to see, mostly Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

This is my main concern, there's a bunch of cool games that could use a re-release (a lot of which quite frankly, I'm not sure are gonna be re-released in any other form anyway). And with Goldeneye being back its abundantly clear that money is not an issue here.

FragRed

@kkslider5552000 I can’t see publishers being too concerned about requesting too much to license titles for the N64, aside from maybe Microsoft. Most these games as you said won’t get a re-release anyway and I think probably are mostly franchises of little importance to them. I think it’s more Nintendo just doing the cheapest route with the mostly first party releases.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Sounds like a fun time. I'm surprised it's making its way to Xbox and NSO Expansion Pack, mostly because of the licensing trouble this game had, it's great news for fans. I do wish we could purchase games like the VC, it would be one I'd like to have on my Switch forever, and not during the duration of the service which could eventually end.

Didn't know that one never got re-released. I'm wondering how the Mario Party 2 thing is going to work, I still remember the news on the hand situation and the gloves to this day. Never did have 2, I use to have Mario Party 4 until it got lost.

Sunsy

Kermit1Pineapple

Winback feels like James Bond: Bloodstone on the DS, but better and a lot harder.

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Fizza

@Kermit1 WE TALKIN BOUT WINBACK!?
Untitled
Glad you're giving it a go though! I went in with the absolute lowest of expectations and it ended up becoming my 2nd favourite game on the entire service, just behind Kirby 64. It can be absolutely brutal at points but learning how to overcome those points is always incredibly satisfying. Stick with it: you'll have a great time.

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1Pineapple

@Fizza Thank goodness for save states lol. I have not even beat the first level yet but I'm going to beat the game, it's awesome.

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Grumblevolcano

I decided to stick with base NSO. Came to the conclusion all subscribing to the expansion pack would do is result in replaying games like OoT and MM while games like DioField Chronicle and Nier Automata move to backlog.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fox-McCloud

How much is the N64 expansion pack?

Fox-McCloud

LiNeR

@Fox-McCloud $50 per year including the base plan (which is $20 per year on its own).

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

gcunit

I have one slot available in my Family Group (N64 + DLC expansion pack included) for £7 for the year, starting 24th September.

Hit me up if you want in.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Truegamer79

Hey everyone! I just want to get some opinions. Is the switch online expansion pack for 50 dollars a year worth it? I've been without switch online for almost a couple years now as i just couldn't afford it due to recent financial difficulties. I've got those sorted out now and I'm thinking about getting a new membership.

Would you say at this point its worth it? The last time i had switch online there were no N64 or Genesis games and the online service seemed lacking to put it nicely. I had the basic plan then too.

Truegamer79

kkslider5552000

Truegamer79 wrote:

Hey everyone! I just want to get some opinions. Is the switch online expansion pack for 50 dollars a year worth it? I've been without switch online for almost a couple years now as i just couldn't afford it due to recent financial difficulties. I've got those sorted out now and I'm thinking about getting a new membership.
Would you say at this point its worth it? The last time i had switch online there were no N64 or Genesis games and the online service seemed lacking to put it nicely. I had the basic plan then too.

1. If you're interested, you should at least look into the Family plan where up to 8 people can get the plan for 80 dollars total. People teaming up can very quickly reduce the price a ton.
2. It also comes with the DLC (unless you cancel your subscription) for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Splatoon 2.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic