Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,232

StarPoint

@TowaHerschel7 I sort of doubt that we'll actually see any changes. But, this is some pretty heavy maintenance so I'm glad to be proven wrong.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 With Nintendo's earnings report in a few hours, it feels like Nintendo's going to announce something at the end of the maintenance. 12+ hour eshop maintenance isn't normal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

My gut feeling says you only have an outage this long if something unexpected happened. Usually a significant change would be planned in such a way to reduce downtime. Significant downtime suggests something went wrong

Which may or may not be related to significant changes. I mean, things can go wrong as part of deploying changes. Although even if it is a significant change odds are the front end changes will roll out well after the outage. The outage is server side, there might not be anything visible to the end user

/Dev 2c

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Kermit1doesmath

How much longer? I wanna download a demo.

dysgraphia awareness human

SViper

@TowaHerschel7 thank you for information. And who knows what will happen, but looks like nothing happen according Kermit1.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

WaterKirby_64

@TowaHerschel7 I don't think we will get anything new after that maintenance

WaterKirby_64

Switch Friend Code: SW-2284-8729-3596 | My Nintendo: WK1964

WoomyNNYes

TowaHerschel7 wrote:

@Kermit1 Now maintenance is scheduled to end at 7:00 PM PST. Wow, has the eShop ever been down this long during scheduled maintenance before? I think you might be onto something regarding a new storefront for the Switch eShop. What do you guys think?

I noticed the maintenance at 11pm eastern US. That was a long one, alright. Other than what's already been mentioned, bolstering security is another possibility.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1doesmath

Maybe the eshop can now hold more people?

dysgraphia awareness human

kkslider5552000

Well after a year I was finally able to get an N64 controller for this.

Originally I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay money for one of the more awkward Nintendo controllers, but thinking about how those old games play, remembering trying to play Sin and Punishment with a GCN controller on Wii, and especially trying to play Star Fox 64 on this (even moreso in handheld mode, a painful experience) convinced me. Mario Party 1 and its control stick spinning also helps, since I'm not risking my 2nd pair of joycons on nostalgia for a game this dumb.

Speaking of which, I tried one game of Mario Party 1 on the Mario board, it was basically 20 turns of being screwed over, but then I won because I got two of the three bonus stars. And even ignoring that...yeah, maybe this first game didn't hold up.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FragRed

After the latest quarterly earnings, I’m wondering if this was all in preparation for that new company Nintendo Systems they are launching next year. If they are focusing on using the company for the online services then perhaps they are currently doing backend work to make the transfer over to the new team easier and quicker.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

I think the maintenance may be about merging the eshop with the My Nintendo Store. See this for example:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/The-Di...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Splato...

DioField Chronicle isn't purchasable on the My Nintendo Store so you get the usual eshop option for purchase but with Splatoon 3 which is purchasable on the My Nintendo Store it says about buying on that instead of the eshop.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

tfw all you want to do is play Mario Party 2 but can't due to a vicious combination of schoolwork, new releases and timezones.
Untitled
I'll be back soon you wonderful gem of a game I promise.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Cunir

just playing through ocarina of time again and its bringing back a load of memories.
If the game is good you dont even care that the graphics are old, you still get immersed in it.

I wish they would make the N64 games full screen height, though. i appreciate that they cant fill the entire screen because the ratio is different, but why do they leave that thick black band at the bottom? If they filled that up the screen would be quite a bit wider

Cunir

Fizza

THE NEXT GAME TRIAL (at least here in Europe) IS RIVER CITY GIRLS DIHIWHBWFVYWHBKJGWLHVHVWF
Untitled
I'VE WANTED TO PLAY THIS FOR SO LONG BRO I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

WoomyNNYes

That NSO expansion pass is still overpriced if your upgrading. My NSO sub is six months old, and the upgrade price for the NSO Expansion is only like $3 off. It's hardly a discount, and a absolute joke. (I only want the expansion to play Banjo Kazooie.) Unless I don't know how to properly see the discounted upgrade price? I'm looking on my eshop NSO membership change page.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Fizza Are you up for playing Mario Party 2 with @ChameleonBros and myself sometime this weekend? If you're still busy or something, that's totally fine. I totally forgot about River City Girls until like last night, lol - I'm downloading the trial now!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@MarioLover92 Not free this weekend but will be next weekend if that works well for you. Don't let that stop you from playing today or tomorrow though, I'm just in the last hurdle of exams is all XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic