Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,230

NintendoByNature

My biggest problem is when i dont physically buy a game, be it in store it through the eshop I'm less likely to play it as much. For instance, I started playing super Metroid and got a good 2.5-3 hours then links awakening happened along with many other games so i stopped. Had i bought it, I would've saw it through. I find myself thumbing through the snes app and play a game for 30-45 min a pop unless its zelda or maybe Mario. I've also played a bit of demons crest but not enough to keep me entertained to finish. Now bring up the castlevania collection like @Cotillion said and i finished every game but Simons quest which I got about halfway through. All because i bought it, I believe.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@RedderRugfish yep, exactly. I feel like i owe it to myself( and wallet) to finish a game I just paid for. Even if it's only a $5 game.

NintendoByNature

GameOtaku

@RedderRugfish
It depends on what you call a good game. My VC on 3ds alone stands around 80 games. But it's games I picked out from what was offered and nothing I wouldn't play. The game selection available is lacking in a lot of areas. I for one love the nes games but I only recently in the past few years started playing snes on my Retron.

We can't rely on third party collections either. The Genesis collection didn't even have Sonic 3 or S&K. The Castlevania Collection didn't have Dracula X, Legends or the Gameboy Kid Dracula. The contra collection was also missing Contra Force and Alien Wars for gameboy. Why isn't the Addams Family games like Festers Quest being added since the new movie is coming out soon? Or the Batman games for Joker? Could they not look into something like that?

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@NintendoByNature
You can't get that with NSO though. There's multiple resources out there to find out if a game is good (or to your liking even if it's panned critically, I like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for example but you may laugh). I'm not on a constant connection (not a very good one) all the time so NSO is a joke and a money gobbling monster in my eyes and needs to be slain.

GameOtaku

NintendoByNature

@GameOtaku yea i hear you. It's not for everyone. I'm not even sure if it's for me at this point. Maybe when things slow down I'll jump back in to play more snes games.

NintendoByNature

Toy_Link

GameOtaku wrote:

@RedderRugfish
It depends on what you call a good game. My VC on 3ds alone stands around 80 games. But it's games I picked out from what was offered and nothing I wouldn't play. The game selection available is lacking in a lot of areas. I for one love the nes games but I only recently in the past few years started playing snes on my Retron.

We can't rely on third party collections either. The Genesis collection didn't even have Sonic 3 or S&K. The Castlevania Collection didn't have Dracula X, Legends or the Gameboy Kid Dracula. The contra collection was also missing Contra Force and Alien Wars for gameboy. Why isn't the Addams Family games like Festers Quest being added since the new movie is coming out soon? Or the Batman games for Joker? Could they not look into something like that?

I'm sure Konami will release more collections...

It's the only video games (that's not pachinko) that still makes cash that's not football or Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'm betting that Konami will make a new Silent Hill soon (since they seem to want to get back into console development) and it'll be an absolute train wreck.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Cotillion

GameOtaku wrote:

@GameOtaku I don't disagree with your dislike of the NSO offerings as I said above, but all of these cases you mention here are well outside the realm of Nintendo doing anything. Nintendo literally have nothing to do with any of those games besides they played on a Nintendo system (except Sonic 3+K, which was on Genesis).
Those games belong to other companies. Sonic 3 & K belongs to Sega, so they need to release it, whether it's on NSO or as an eShop release. Same with the Contra and Castlevania games, Konami has to release them as they are the owners of that property.
Nintendo could seek out more third party games, but if they say no, there's nothing they can do. And I don't blame third party for not, given the choice between what would likely be a tiny fee to have them on NSO versus selling the games themselves on the eShop. And the effort for Nintendo to go after these games wouldn't be worth it. Besides, they're barely putting the minimum effort into it with their own games, so reaching out for more third party is quite a stretch, IMO.
Some of the omissions by third party are bizarre, to be sure. Like with it's upcoming collection, Capcom will have released every mainline Mega Man game on modern systems......except Mega Man & Bass. Why did they omit this one title amidst all the collections? Who knows. But it falls squarely on Capcom.
Sonic 3+K is considered by many to be the pinnacle of Sonic games, so why is Sega sitting on it?

As for Batman and Addams family, they'd be in the same licensing hell that TMNT and Goldeneye are in : the creators of those games no longer having distribution rights for the licensed properties and/or don't care to seek out permission to redistribute them.

Cotillion

GameOtaku

@Cotillion
The solution would be to bring back VC. Then third parties would get more money for individual sales. Heck I even bought megaman 5 & 6 on VC prior to the collection on 3ds and that didn't cause me not to double dip. The Disney afternoon games that released last year never came to switch despite being nothing but a collection of nes roms!

GameOtaku

zufa86

Looking for a NSO family account, please DM me if you offer one which is ready to use immediately.

zufa86

Switch Friend Code: SW-4373-9771-1515

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature I’ve found this weird middle ground where I’ll use my gold points to purchase a month or so, play everything I want, then not renew. I had it three months last year for NES and Smash, then recently renewed more one month and completed all the SNES games I wanted.

Not the most economically viable model for online players, but it sort of helps you finish what you started since you have a limited time.

I’m willing to jump back in when there are 3-4 SNES titles worth it.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yea its not a bad a idea. Thankfully I got this year for free until next September via twitch prime. I honestly don't think I'd renew it otherwise. My main driving factor would be more games on the service but theres so much other stuff to play that I don't really feel like opening the app. I might consider opening up demons crest again since I'm a few levels in already but I'm also working through ori and soon to be gaucamelee 2. So I'm pretty packed.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Sounds like a lot of good games you are juggling there, so don’t blame you.

Ohh yeah Demon’s Crest. Good but very short little game. Fantastic soundtrack on that one. Perfect for your vampire themed cocktail parties in October.

NotTelevision

scoobdoo

It shouldn’t matter that Nintendo online is cheap — it’s the single biggest rip-off in gaming. No voice, no messaging in 2019!! Absolutely scandalous.

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Grumblevolcano

@scoobdoo Nope, sure it's not the best service but it's not even the biggest Nintendo rip-off (that easily goes to Mario Kart Tour).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

scoobdoo wrote:

It shouldn’t matter that Nintendo online is cheap — it’s the single biggest rip-off in gaming. No voice, no messaging in 2019!! Absolutely scandalous.

Someone hasn’t been gaming long 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TheFrenchiestFry

wow

god forbid this guy ends up buying a ps4 or xbox one and discovers what playstation plus and xbox live are

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

DenDen

@Grumblevolcano Mario kart tour is really a big rip off its yust sad

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Justifier

I haven't played almost any NES or SNES games, but I consider them just a bonus. I keep my NSO mainly because of online play. If playing online were free, I wouldn't pay 20€ per year just for those games. Or I didn't play online at all.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Benjoo

@scoobdoo I want to help support NSO. But for those reasons I have no intention of renewing my expired subscription. Just focusing on my single player backlog. Shame really because it could be so much better.

Benjoo

SmaggTheSmug

Ok, this was probably asked already, but looking through the thread is a bit of a hassle and Google is unhelpful.
I have NSO and multiple users on my account, but only my saves are backed up. If my GF creates a Nintendo account, buys NSO, can she back up the saves from her user after linking? Can she safely transfer those to Switch Lite? Note that it would be a brand new account for her and the save has DLC data, I guess she would need to buy those (the game itself is on cart).
Or should we get a family plan and log in on both consoles? Will that not prevent us from playing multi player games that require separate systems, like Terraria or Dragon Quest Builders?
I want to know mainly if I am running a risk of deleting her save by trying to transfer it. I don't think we would remain a couple for long if she lost her Zelda progress...

SmaggTheSmug

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic