Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,230

ScottNintendo

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Earthbound Beginnings for the NES app and Earthbound for the SNES app would be nice.

Yes this, So I can finally play EB.

SN

rallydefault

Super Mario RPG and everything will be right with the world.

But Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Mario Kart. Yea, I'm good for quite some time.

rallydefault

1UP_MARIO

Too many games that I doubt I can even give anytime to the nes and Snes app. I also own the nes and Snes mini.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ScottNintendo

rallydefault wrote:

Super Mario RPG and everything will be right with the world.

But Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, Mario Kart. Yea, I'm good for quite some time.

Super Mario RPG, Please yes. 😊👍

SN

vio

@RedderRugfish Don't expect Contra 3 on the service ever because it is already available on the Switch in the Contra Collection. This is why there's no Castlevania or Mega Man for Switch Online either. Capcom and Konami want us to buy those collections. For the same reason I'm not expecting Street Fighter 2 either and I frankly prefer it that way as the Street Fighter Collection is awesome and is the superior arcade originals.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Dogorilla

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Oh yeah, Super Punch Out is probably also likely because of SNES Mini. DKC trilogy I don't think will appear, either in a good way (e.g. Rare Replay Nintendo Edition) or a bad way (DKC trilogy was delisted on Wii VC between 2012 and 2015 so putting them on NSO could be considered a risk).

Do we know why they delisted DKC on Wii? I'd assume it was due to some licensing issue with Rare, but there never seemed to be a problem with those games on Wii U or New 3DS, and if there was an issue it would seem to have been resolved by 2015. I'd be surprised if they don't come to Switch Online soon.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

vio

@Dogorilla Nah, he's talking nonsense. It is true the DKC trilogy was delisted(for unknown reasons) on the Wii VC, but they were brought back not to long after. Furthermore, the trilogy is also available on the Wii U VC RIGHT NOW. Also, the 1st DKC was included with the SNES Classic. There's no legal issues with the games. Rare never had the publishing rights and they don't own the IP for any the characters in the games. Hell, Nintendo, Microsoft and Rare are actually working together these days(banjo in smash!). I think it highly likely the trilogy will be on the Switch Online(maybe a christmas gift in december?). Nintendo is just holding them back for now. Nintendo can be a very conservative and calculated company at times.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Dogorilla

@vio Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was a little surprised that DKC 1 wasn't there at launch but I'm pretty sure the trilogy will come to NSO before long.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Jimez

From what i've been told, a lot of the SNES library (in terms of 3rd party titles) are released via compilations, so probably won't release on the App. Other 3rd party titles would be down to licensing.

Nintendo still has a fair few 1st party titles to release, so i'm expecting Donkey Kong Country at some point (maybe all 3 Country games at the same time as an update) and Earthbound within the next few months. Once they releases, that'll do me in terms of SNES titles i'm interested in.

Jimez

Moroboshi876

Does anybody need a 12-year subscription to the service (EUROPE)? I'll have one on Friday but don't need it because I have a family plan. I would charge less than the official price, so if there's anybody interested please contact on Twitter for instance (you can see it in my signature).

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

BlackTalon2

Question , can i connect to the nintendo online service if i pay using a US prepaid card but my account is in another country or region?

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Moroboshi876

@BlackTalon2 I don't know if this works between territories like in America - Europe - Japan, but at least I can confirm that you can get a subscription in Europe (in my case I picked South Africa, considered Europe in the eShop) and then switch regions inside Europe.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Magician

I still fire up Kirby Clash for half an hour every night. Haven't put a dime towards it yet, although the highest tiered one-time deal of $15-$16 (I forget the exact amount) is tempting for the daily apple boost, and I do have enough gold coins burning a hole in my digital wallet. shrug Although I suppose I'd rather use those coins towards games and DLC I've been waiting to go on sale.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ZuneTattooGuy

@Magician
I am tripping over the amount of free apples the game throws at you. I haven't a clue what to do with them. Also the overall game is pretty boring good thing it was free.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

Magician

Old_Man_Nintendo wrote:

@Magician
I am tripping over the amount of free apples the game throws at you. I haven't a clue what to do with them. Also the overall game is pretty boring good thing it was free.

I caved and gave Super Kirby Clash 1599 gold coins. Now I get 120+ apples daily. But it feels as though I'm still progressing at a snail's pace. Clearly this game was intended to last longer than a couple or few days, some of these in-game missions might take weeks or months.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GameOtaku

Still no control over your own retro gaming selections I see. That's one of the biggest problems I see with NSO. That and you feel obligated to play every game on the service at least once a day if not more since you are only renting them (even back in the blockbusters days I could choose freely what games and movies I wanted). Heck even then after you rent a game 2 or 3 times you could buy it for a lot less!

Here's an idea they need to try. Instead of hounding rom sites with lawyers, have the lawyers instead wrangle getting the rights to the entire 3rd party Nintendo library and put everything on the VC service! Then add games from VC to the NSO service monthly for subscribers.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

toiletduck

GameOtaku wrote:

That and you feel obligated to play every game on the service at least once a day if not more since you are only renting them

I sincerely hope for you that you don't use Spotify 😂

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

GameOtaku

@toiletduck
Nope. Seriously, most of the games in the service I would never give the time of day. Be honest of the games offered on the service how many of them do you actually play at all. Id wager only a small handful and given that you have now paid $40 for 2 years of the games (around 50 or so not counting the SP versions which nobody plays) if you were to pay VC prices to own them is still wager you'd come out better on VC.

Edit: I meant to say play every game and use the service everyday.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Cotillion

@GameOtaku For me, not many. Just the given classics I'd bet most people play. The Marios, Zeldas, etc.
The NES selection was a lot of garbage they couldn't give away with a few good ones peppered in. The SNES selection was better, but still severely lacking and also came with the crappy announcement that they can't even be bothered to update it monthly now. So, yeah there's a lot of games on it, but a large majority I don't play even though they're being given as a 'bonus'.
I really can't blame 3rd party for not giving a whole lot to this service (whether their choice or Nintendo not seeking them out, we don't know). But third party is offering better in the eShop with their own collections of ROMs or remasters (Castlevania, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Sega Ages, etc..) and I am buying those up and playing them lots more than the ones in the NSO service.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic