Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,650

Grumblevolcano

@Pizzamorg Launch is November 18th which is a Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Juice-

Moves are back to being stationary hops and flinches again. That really sours the good reveals in the trailer for me.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I think there will be customization for the trainer looking, based on the four players different looking.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Zuljaras Who is that wonderful little gremlin on the left?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@Fizza This is Pchan/Ryoga from the anime Ranma 1/2.

It is actually a human because the whole series revolves around people who change their forms when sprayed with cold water and returning to normal when sprayed with hot water

I posted it because the new Pokémon looks so much like him and the yellow also reminds me of the handkerchief it has around its neck

Edited on by Zuljaras

Fizza

@Zuljaras Well I know what I'm nicknaming my Lechonk in SV!

God that name is so good.

Varkster

I wake up early and decide to check NL before getting ready for work, I think "oh, a new Pokemon trailer, sure let's have a look". I watch the whole trailer and I think "yeah, looks pretty good actually, even though I bought Arceus not that long ago maybe I'll pick this one up too because it's a new traditional game where they're trying something new" and all the colors were vibrant, the co-op stuff looked promising, the game looks good in action and the promise of a 'real open world Pokemon' is just very intriguing to me.

Then I make the mistake of scrolling down to the comment section. Never change, NintendoLife. Probably the only website where I can feel such a polarizing disconnect just by scrolling down to the comments.

Varkster

Snatcher

@Varkster I think it looks great, I know no matter what people think of these games I always had a fun time.

My first Pokémon game was ultra moon, turns out there are a lot of people who didn’t like that game I guess lol.

The legendary look sick and the ost that I already knew as going to be has Toby fox in it now! I’m a sucker for music and I would buy a game over so you know I’m getting this!

People are also talking about co op, and I didn’t even noticed, and that looks awesome! Yeah, Pokémon comment sections suck a good amount of the time.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter But they just all looks so off to me, there is a different designer with them I know, I’m just too used to the other trainers.

Edit: ok I watched the trailer again and they are growing in me lol!

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Kermit1doesmath

I might get Scarlet or Violet if Hogwart Legacy on the Switch ends up being a terrible port or a cloud version.

but this changed my mind for right now[/spoiler]
[spoiler] Untitled

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Grumblevolcano

I feel I don't have enough info to really comment on the new trailer. It's missing the helpful explanation of stuff which happens after a trailer in a Pokemon Presents like co-op is a very good idea but we don't know whether it's local, online or both.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

One of my favourite things from the trailer is the confirmation that Venonat/moth are coming back.
Untitled
Now you may be wondering why this is. To put it simply? Venonat has not been in a regional dex since GEN TWO.

This, combined with me getting Let's Go Pikachu there yesterday, leads me to be irrationally excited over a generic Gen 1 Bug/Poison type (I can get them as shiny in LGPE, transfer them over once HOME comes out and job's a good un).

To be fair though, Venomoth is shockingly good in battle (Quiver Dance + Tinted Lens is a dangerous combination).

Snatcher

@Fizza Really? Dang I always felt like I have seen it in all the games I played, I guess not LOL.

I’m very much alive!

meleehunter

Usually I have to look very deeply and think hard about which version exclusive Pokemons & box legendary I want, but this may be the first time I have ever been almost totally swayed to one side on premise alone.

Scarlet all the way for me.

In the end, we're all we got.

My Nintendo: meleehunter

Tyranexx

I'm torn between which version I want, though I'm leaning slightly towards Violet right now. I normally base my choice on which cover legendary I like more, but that's a tough call right now since I think they both look great. I had a similar issue with Sword/Shield. I also like the past/future themes depending on the version. ...I think Pokemon exclusives in each will ultimately decide it.

As for the new Pokemon reveals....I like both legendary designs, though they do make me miss how simpler legendary Pokemon designs used to be. Smoliv (worse-looking Budew) and Pawgi are sorta meh, but (and I never thought I'd say this for a pig design) I love Lechonk! Though I'm mildly surprised it isn't a dark type from its appearance.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I had already decided on Violet before, mostly because my brother wants Scarlet; but based on the trailer I do prefer Violet’s professor and cover Pokémon.

Can’t wait to see more exclusives.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

I’m probably going to violet, my favorite color is purple and I love the boxed legendary, gonna get it unless there is a game specific Pokémon that is a deal breaker.

Probably not gonna happen, but I hope you can catch Pokémon in over world as well. But I will be fine if that’s not the case, seeing as random encounters are now a thing of the past from what it looks like.

Edited on by Snatcher

I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic