Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,440

RenanKJ

I want to love this game despite its flaws but the brutal honest is that it's so ugly, bland and broken that it's not fun to explore at all. I'm still in the early hours, but there is a place with what's supposed to be a waterfall... God, everything looks awful, the waterfall, the river, the grass, worst than a child's drawing. I think I'll take a break and wait for a few patches first.

Edited on by RenanKJ

RenanKJ

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

I’ve been giving this game a hard time but theres one thing I’d love to compliment the character design. Pokemon’s characters both Pokémon and Human are incredible. The best thing about Pokémon are the creatures and overlooked humans. There arre relatively no bad designs in any game including this one. I don’t know how they still do it after 20 year and 1000 mon, 72 gym leaders, 9 professors, 9 rivals and 45 elite four members but the designs are always impeccable.

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

My name is the victim of A holy war where there were no winners

It’s Donkey kong December

SViper

@Fizza it's one of new Pink Shinies, so I may try change my actual starter with Shiny one via breeding, but still unsure. Had similar problem in Shield, where after I caught good GZigzagoon and then started my speed training my team against them, I found Shiny one, but kept in team the one I almost finished speed training cause IVs being a bit better on it to begin with then with Shiny one, so. But this Gen I can not even finish game and do all alteration trainings (Hyper, Mints, Feathers, Vitamins). xD

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

Just beat SV, and I sincerely believe this is one of the best games in the series to date. The ending is insane, and it took a massive twist from what I was expecting. For once in a Pokemon game since gen 5, I can say the story is actually really great.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Jeronan

RenanKJ wrote:

I want to love this game despite its flaws but the brutal honest is that it's so ugly, bland and broken that it's not fun to explore at all. I'm still in the early hours, but there is a place with what's supposed to be a waterfall... God, everything looks awful, the waterfall, the river, the grass, worst than a child's drawing. I think I'll take a break and wait for a few patches first.

Don't hold your hopes up for this, as I sincerely doubt GameFreak is going to bother.
They sold over 10 mil copies in 3 days. This just gives a clear signal to them its fine what they did and they don't have to bother fixing anything. Bad reviews and low metacritic scores be damned.

After a week, Gamefreak hasn't even bothered to come out and acknowledge the issues yet and when we can expect the first patch, etc.

If this was any other game on any other console or PC, the devs would have been forced to come out with an apology the day after launch and post a patch/update roadmap to the public! /shrug
( like Cyberpunk 2077 for example, which in my opinion ran better and was more playable at launch than this game. I played it on the previous gen. XBox One X at the time and it ran fine, other than some bugs and glitches ).

Edited on by Jeronan

Jeronan

Dom_31

Pizzamorg wrote:

To me, this game is such an anomaly. Almost everything you've probably heard about its performance/technical state/(lack of) innovation are true, but man, I just lose hours to this game. I lose hours really unlike I do to any game. Evenings gone in a joy filled blink. And when I'm not playing, all I can think about is how I want to play it some more. I don't think I've ever had an experience with a game like this. I was so confused by all the 7 and 8s this was getting based on the tech stuff, but I dunno, I sorta get it now. This game is like crack.

This is me. I definitely agree that there's some glaring issues with the technical stuff but it's just a fun game otherwise. If you like pokemon, you WILL like this.

Best selling game ever in Japan doesn't just come from negative headlines about visuals but positive word of mouth from people who play and enjoy the games as much as I do and as much as I see MANY other people enjoy it.

If you're a complete stiffler for performance and low quality textures, that's fair and I'd argue you should stay clear, but everyone else is in for an honestly good time.

I definitely agree with the 7/10s, overall. If it weren't for the tech issues and the ugly environment textures it'd be an easy 9/10 from me.

Dom_31

Jeronan

Dom_31 wrote:

Best selling game ever in Japan doesn't just come from negative headlines about visuals but positive word of mouth from people who play and enjoy the games as much as I do and as much as I see MANY other people enjoy it.

Best selling game is only because of how popular the Pokemon franchise is. Nothing more, nothing less. Add on top that in Japanese culture people simply don't critize any flaws/problems like we do in the west. They are very passive in that regard.

Gamefreak can just put out an empty cartridge with the Pokemon logo on it and it would still sell millions of copies, before people even notice.

And this is the problem. With Scarlet/Violet selling so well, no matter the abysmal state of the game. It just gives a signal to Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company, that they can put even less effort in their next game and still get away with it.

This is not good at all for us as gamers who want a high quality game (what you have come to expect from Nintendo), when people acting like blind rabbit fans of the franchise and keep buying everything TPC/Game Freak throws at them, no matter what.

So you can very well expect and even worse game next time around. Even more unfinished and probably runs just as horribly performance wise.

Edited on by Jeronan

Jeronan

Sisilly_G

@Jeronan : It's not just that. The now accepted practice of releasing buggy and/or incomplete games and patching them later is a practice that the industry has become all too complacent with, and I suspect that developers/publishers pace themselves accordingly. Standards are dropping across the industry, and I suspect that it will take an industry-wide crash or some other kind of wake-up call for things to improve in any meaningful way.

I have always said that the fact that BD/SP launched unfinished is absolutely pathetic and sets a horrible precedent for the franchise moving forward. Scarlet/Violet's performance issues is just another manifestation of that sort of complacency.

Same old Silly G, but looooooonger!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Pizzamorg

While I am not excusing the technical state of SV at all, I do think the Cyberpunk connections are a little thin.

Yes, CP77 was borderline unplayable on launch, but that almost wasn't the problem in that case, it was the missale of the actual product.

CDPR basically lied to us through their marketing for almost a decade about how CP77 was this revolutionary evolution of what you think a videogame to be. The poor technical state and the bugs really distracted from what a middling game Cyberpunk actually was beneath it all, with it not really living up to a single promise it made during its media cycle. The killer was not the technical state, but the realisation that the actual game just wasn't that good.

I do think SV suffers from this too to an extent, but I feel like the difference here is Game Freak said they were gonna make an open world Pokemon game and they did that. Nowhere in the marketing did I see GF promising to create the next evolution of the Pokemon game, rewriting everything we ever thought we knew about Pokemon games!!!!!!! You can be mad at the state of the product of course, but I'd say the product beneath that is what was as sold and that is a small but vital difference.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Nothing.
PS5 Games currently playing: GOW Ragnarok. Spider-Man Remastered.
Switch Games currently playing: Pokemon Scarlet and Tactics Ogre

Zuljaras

Done!

Please do not say that "gameplay" is more important than resolution, story or anything like that because in THIS particular case this DOES NOT apply.

There is no excuse for this cheap quality that looks like it is made from bunch of middle school kids.

Edited on by Zuljaras

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Kermit1Pineapple

@Zuljaras dude I refunded the game that says a lot coming from me someone who bought ROAR full price.

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Zuljaras

@Kermit1Pineapple Really? I just saw your comment and had to put that here!

Good for you!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Zuljaras but the games running at 5 fps it’s clearly un criticizeable

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Zuljaras

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Well it is even difficult to "criticize" such issues

I really hope they could patch the textures and the pop-ins and release DLCs but I think they will not do that simply because it sells well no matter what.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Zuljaras It’s totally fine to love the game. I don’t want to ruin anyones genuine love of the game and taste is subjective . But it clearly does have issues and it’s ridiculous to label anyone who doesn’t like it as a hater. The game isn’t perfect and it’s issues can be a turnoff

Zuljaras

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I also love Pokemon and I own almost all of them and love playing them but when something is clearly wrong it must be said. The release state of this game is criminal

And the worst part is that is selling so well like a dumb Fifa or CoD game.

Kermit1Pineapple

@Zuljaras fifa 21 is $4 on amazon right now

MY LAST POST ON HERE!!! FOR NOW!!! PEACE OUT!!!!

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Zuljaras 100% agree with what you said. I get god of war is rated M meaning it has a much smaller possible install base but it deserves those sales

Fizza

I've been looking at a lot of the new moves from SV over the past few days and one that immediately caught my attention was an Ice-Type status move called Chilly Reception. To quote from both the game and Serebii:

'The user tells a chillingly bad joke before switching places with a party Pokémon in waiting. This summons a snowstorm lasting five turns.'

Not only is this absolutely hilarious, what makes it even more amazing is the Pokemon that can learn it. With it being an Ice-Type move, who do you think would learn it? Glaceon? Cetitan? Abomasnow? NOPE: it's goddamn SLOWKING.
Untitled
I, like you probably are right now, was immensely puzzled as to why a Pokemon with almost nothing to do with Ice-types gets a move that automatically summons their weather in addition to switching out for free. And then it dawned on me: it's a reference to Pokemon the Movie 2000.

I f******* love this series.

Edited on by Fizza

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

exit

@RenanKJ just wondering if you are playing on handheld or TV? My first play through looked terrible but after changing the Switch’s TV output to 1080p (was set on auto) and resetting the game it seems to be running better. Not perfect though.

Also there are reports if you migrate your game data over from SD card to System Memory it improves the frame rate. Has anyone confirmed this?

Edited on by exit

exit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic