Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,650

exit

@RenanKJ just wondering if you are playing on handheld or TV? My first play through looked terrible but after changing the Switch’s TV output to 1080p (was set on auto) and resetting the game it seems to be running better. Not perfect though.

Also there are reports if you migrate your game data over from SD card to System Memory it improves the frame rate. Has anyone confirmed this?

Edited on by exit

exit

Araquanid

Something odd i noticed is most of my performance issues just... went away? no patch or anything, but the more i completed in the game, the less performance problems have been occuring and the smoother framerate i'm getting.

Its almost like getting the stakes for the 4 legends and completing the dex fixed something? I still drop frames like crazy at midnight when the game resets but now my tera raids, battles, picnic, and exploring all seem night and day better.

I went from playing a roblox server in the final area to shiny hunting one of the new mons there and never noticeably dropped frames at all the entire time in the 40 minutes i was hunting it. Its as if progressing post game stuff removed running scripts/events that made the game struggle to load anything.

I was foaming at the mouth the other night though, as my game oh so wonderfully decided to crash as i was completing my dex and set me 40 mons back. Dex complete, stakes removed, some gyms elimated (post game stuff), haven't felt like my switch was going to explode for about a day now. I'm still paranoid saving twice (because i actually did save and it ignored it when it crashed).

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

RenanKJ

@exit I played on TV. Thanks for the tips! I'll try them to see if it makes a difference — although I think these are already my current settings.

RenanKJ

VoidofLight

I somehow have 42 hours in this game.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Fizza

A question for anyone here who may know the answer: I'm going to be shiny hunting Dunsparce once I eventually beat the game since I've somehow never actually gotten one before and, with a brand new evo, I figure now is the perfect time. The cool thing about Dudunsparce though is that it comes in two forms: one that's 2 segments long and a much rarer one that's 3 segments long (exciting I know). Naturally, being the psychopath that I am, I want a shiny version of the rarer 3 segmented one and I'm curious: does anyone know what determines the form Dunsparce takes on once it evolves? Is it a case of Wurmple where it's literally random or is it pre-determined the moment you catch the mon? Because if it's the latter then I think I'm going to be hearing this song on repeat for a very long time....

(I guess all of this would also apply to Maushold but that shiny is one of the worst in the entire series so I don't want it nearly as much)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

The only thing that kinda bothers me is how Pokémon keep their eyes open while asleep.

Either they are fish or something, doesn't have eyelid. 😶

Anti-Matter

Sisilly_G

@Eel : That's such a baffling regression. Due to the "drowsiness" mechanic in Legends Arceus, I'll give that one a pass, but every other game since Gen freaking V have depicted Pokémon with their eyes closed.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

sunny63

I am on the fence on this game. I am trying to finish Legends Arceus right now but I've seen parts of S/V and it looks like it'll be a decent game in 1-2 months with patches. However, I need to know these questions to decide whether to get this or the Portal collection.
1 Are Decidueye (Original) and Silvally In this game? They're my favourite pokemon and legendary respectively and I have shinies of both that I want to use. Whether the Alola starters in particular are here is going to heavily influence whether I get this.
2 Is it fun to explore the world? Is it anything like botw map-wise?
3 is the story as good as people say?
4 Where can I get a good deal on it?

sunny63

Araquanid

@fizza

its 1:25 randomness on the evo form.

@sunny63 1: decidueye is in when the home update comes out next year (hisuian form so both are in). Silvally currently isn't and its not a legendary.

2: when the framerate isn't chugging while you're zooming around, sure.

3: its pokemon story isn't their strong suit... but its up there as far as compared to the rest.

4: for free if you look Not-Really-Hard enough online lol.. too early for it to go on sale anywhere

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

With the amazon preorder price guarantee, I saved a nice amount, and on top of that I applied amazon credit from returns and lost packages, so in effect (if we forget that is still money I originally spent on something else)…. Violet costed me like 25 bucks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sisilly_G

@Eel : There was an Australian retailer that dropped the price to AU$48 (US$32), and Amazon AU usually price-matches major local vendors' prices by default. That's quite a steep discount from the regular price of AU$80 (and nobody was ever really selling it at that price anyway, except for the RRP-loving EB Games).

And that price drop occurred recently enough that I'm sure Amazon AU had to honour quite a lot of existing pre-orders with such a drastically reduced price (I think the lowest price prior to that was AU$64 or $68).

About a day or two later, they quickly declared that they were "out of stock" and listed the games back up at $68 about a week or two later (and the beforementioned Aussie chain increased their price back to $68 as well).

And that's without any further discounts/credits either, so, it was a pretty good bargain (though I had already pre-ordered the double pack by that point). AU$48 was about as much as I had paid for Black/White and HeartGold/SoulSilver back in the day (not adjusting for inflation or the stronger Australian dollar at the time, which was around 1:1 with the US).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Eel

@Sisilly_G I preordered as soon as it was available, and at some point they reduced the price to a little under 1000 pesos, which is about 50 US dollars (normal retail price for the game is around 70 US dollars here), so that was a nice discount. Not quite as good as the one over there though!

I’ll never forget though, when the Switch Lite came out, Amazon MX discounted it heavily literally just hours after it came out. So of course that was a bit infuriating. I got stuck with my “guaranteed” preorder price, while other people got a nice discount.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

@Eel : I have no idea what the pricing/economy is like in Mexico (or Nintendo's market presence for that matter), so, it seems that you've gotten a pretty good price all things considered. Pokémon BD/SP were also available for about AU$33.50 recently via Amazon AU, which is absurdly cheap (you'd NEVER find that price at retail unless the game was discontinued and head office wanted to get rid of any excess stock), and if not for the fact that I already had the double pack, I was nearly tempted to quadruple dip!

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Eel

@Sisilly_G in terms of gaming or electronics in general, they add their sweet tax on top of the converted price. I would say the final retail price is usually like, the US price + a fourth or a third extra.

Edit: ah just had my first crash while chasing a certain giant worm.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Same, that's one of the smaller details that bugged me. That and the fact that pokemon still don't keep up with you when they follow you.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sisilly_G

@Eel : Our prices are inclusive of GST (Good and Services Tax) by default, which was introduced back in June 2000.

And speaking of crashes, my game crashed once during my first day of play, and that was in the school courtyard. Fortunately, I hadn't lost any progress of note (as I had saved on school grounds). I refuse to auto-save in any game if I have the option to turn it off.

Eel

Yeah same here, all prices include tax.

Anyway… So my duck finally reached its final form…

I went in expecting a spanish conquistador. What I got is Sylvando from Dragon Quest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Sisilly_G

@Eel : I'm a little torn about who I'd rather pick for my Scarlet run (which I am in no hurry to do, at least until I complete the main portion of Violet).

I love Fuecoco, but I am really unimpressed with its rather ugly (and somewhat generic-looking) final form. I think Quaxly's line looks better overall, but... I've kind of had a change of heart, and I'm more inclined to go with Fuecoco. I might think differently about it once I see its evolved forms in motion. Or I might just forgo the starter altogether (as I sometimes do).

With respect to Quaquaval, I was actually hoping for a peacock Pokémon this generation (and I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't have a female form that resembles a less flamboyant peahen), so I guess I kind of got my wish. I was also really hoping for a flamingo and dolphin Pokémon and we were lucky enough to get those too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic