Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,912

Kirby_EU

@VoidofLight

"August 18 Pokémon Presents video presentation will be about 28 minutes long"

https://pokemonblog.com/2021/08/13/august-18-pokemon-presents...

Edited on by Kirby_EU

Kirby_EU

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket The graphics slightly improved, and so did the lighting. Pokemon don’t seem to stutter or just stand in place like the first trailer as well.

Anyways, my opinion on this is that the game looks pretty good. It really seems like a pokemon monster hunter type game, rather than what people were expecting it to be, and I really don’t mind it. It makes the game feel more interesting, as well as harder to compare to something like BOTW. Ancient pokemon being a thing actually makes me excited as well, wether it’s just new evolutions, or completely new forms.. it’s still really cool.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal Doubt it for sword and shield, unless they're going to update it more down the line. BDSP seems unlikely, given the pokemon are extinct at the time of Diamond and Pearl's story, but who knows.

link3710

@VoidofLight There's no reason to assume they're extinct, all we know is they just don't live in modern Sinnoh. Or at least, in the DS version of Sinnoh. Platinum already added in a bunch of Pokemon that weren't native in DP and nearly every remake changes up the available Pokemon somehow.

I'd wager it's probably around a 70% chance that the BDSP and Legends will have 100% compatibility (at least after an update) to move your Pokemon between games. It's just smart from a marketing perspective to encourage people to get both.

link3710

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal I mean, I imagine they're extinct, given they don't actually turn up in Diamond and Pearl.

Snatcher

So I just learn'd a long time ago people used to marry pokemon...................Well HELLL YESS!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher It was only ever stated in the Japanese version I believe, and I think it'll end up being retconned in Arceus.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight True but the Eng version was also pretty close to saying marry.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Kirby_EU

"The Hisuian Growlithe Kimono Set will be gifted to those who preorder Pokémon Legends: Arceus. You can receive it by choosing Get via Internet from the Mystery Gifts feature in your game, up until May 9, 2022. Then you can dress yourself up in this fashionable getup as you enjoy your adventures in the Hisui region!"

https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/buy/bonus-1/

"Players who download the digital version of Pokémon Legends: Arceus from Nintendo eShop by Monday, May 9, 2022, will receive a code that can be redeemed in-game for 30 Heavy Balls."

https://legends.pokemon.com/en-us/buy/bonus-2/

Kirby_EU

VoidofLight

@Kirby_EU So it confirms that Arceus will have character customization as well. Neat!

link3710

@VoidofLight It's not like all of Sinnoh is actually available in DP anyways. You only get to visit the major cities and the routes between them. Pokemon like Stantler might only be found in the deep woods.

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 I mean I guess, but it still feels like these are meant to be ancient forms that died out before Diamond and Pearl.

link3710

@VoidofLight Legends: Arceus is literally only a bit over 100 years before dppt, I don't think they're meant to be ancient. Not that many species go extinct in that sort of timeframe.

link3710

Magician

This newest gameplay shown is much less choppy than the footage we saw months ago.

The world still seems a bit barren but otherwise looks fine.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician Yeah, the technique they were using on the pokemon to keep them from randomly popping in seems to have been ironed out. Originally it was too noticeable when you got too close, but now it's not that noticeable at all.

kkslider5552000

I'm largely indifferent to the parts of this that play like Pokemon, but I am interested in the "open world stealth game where you survey Pokemon and occasionally try to not die yourself" game.

I'm not sure if anything will convince me to buy a mainline Pokemon game at full price again (even ignoring the problems recent Pokemon games have had), but that part is probably the closest.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sisilly_G

Parts of the trailer were bloody terrifying. And my heart would sometimes race when Pokémon would chase me down in Sword/Shield, but this ramps it up to 11, especially now that Pokémon can attack the player which is a game-changer in so many respects! I doubt that we'll be seeing Ursaring mauling the player to death, but I suspect that I will be spending a lot of time getting myself killed for funzies.

It wouldn't surprise me if this gets slapped with an Australian M rating for "Fantasy violence" (akin to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) due to the heightened sense of tension and threat brought on by these new mechanics. And I feel like a broken record pointing this out, but the Aussie M rating is akin to PEGI 12/ESRB T and must not be conflated with the ESRB's M rating (as most ESRB M games will receive an Australian MA15+ certificate, and less often, M or R18+).

It would be very interesting to see any sort of Pokémon content receive such a rating in Australia though as it is unprecedented, but considering that more recent games with far milder content have been receiving PG ratings, it wouldn't surprise me if the considerably more violent Legends: Arceus gets bumped up a category (albeit on the very low end of the M spectrum). The Aussie censors tend to classify violence with elements of threat/action more strictly than those that are incidental and/or non-interactive (for example, all of the human-assessed Phoenix Wright games have been classified PG in Australia). Annoyingly, they can be hard to predict at times. I'm hoping that it will get a PG though, as the Board tends to classify certain content far too strictly nowadays at the risk of undermining the estimation of the higher categories in the eyes of the public.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Tyranexx

Definitely excited for this one! Though I'm still cautiously optimistic overall. I liked the new Pokemon and regional variants that were revealed, as well as the new stealth and battle mechanics. It honestly feels like they're experimenting with a new direction in the series...or at least a dedicated alternative to the mainline titles. They've definitely cleaned up a lot of the footage and graphical issues too. I'm glad I held my position that the previous footage wasn't indicative of the final product.

NGL, I haven't gotten around to playing my copy of Shield that I picked up a few months ago. Today's Pokemon Presents has made me want to skip it entirely for now and jump into BDSP and Pokemon Legends: Arceus first.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

I want them to push it back TBH.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic