Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,911

Bolt_Strike

So what do you think this game will offer in terms of extra content? If it's just wandering around the region catching Pokemon, that'll get boring very quickly and I think Game Freak has to know that, so I think they'll have something else to do.

I think we'll see a full sidequest system like most open world games have at the very least. They could have things like simple fetch quests, catch/defeat these Pokemon, defeat this boss Pokemon (IIRC, they did leak that there's boss Pokemon of some kind), etc. That's an easy way to stretch the game's content out.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

I've seen an interesting theory for its Jan release date. The Poke-anniversary as a year long celebration ends in Feb 22 so to include it as part of an anniversary they need to release it by Jan 22 at the very latest. It could be true, maybe not but I still reckon The Pokémon Company have done a load of drugs and think of themselves as too invincible to fail and are challenging the notion.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

January seems much too early considering the gameplay we last saw. If Arceus isn't Gamefreak being "all hands on deck" as far as their development resources are concerned...not gonna lie, I'm worried.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

@jump But what does Pokemon Legends Arceus have to do with the anniversary (other than being announced in the anniversary presentation)?

There's this weird idea at the moment that every game release has to be linked to some anniversary of some sorts. I realise we've had a big two years for anniversaries (Mario last year, Metroid/Pokemon/Sonic/Zelda this year), but come on...

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

@Magician Given the rumours have massively ramped up about the new Switch revision, I think the next time we see gameplay it'll be much more stable because footage is from the revision, not the base model.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Snaplocket I imagine reviews wont be out til next year ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@DomGC Most games look better when they're revealed though

Octane

Snatcher

People saying the game will look like trash and some people saying the game will look great and will be done by Next year,

I Really don't see the game looking any better TBH, If it was like in the half way point into next year ya, but from the gameplay we saw on top of the fact this game is coming in less then a year, Ya not looking to good, but I could be wrong, I hope I am.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

In general, with GameFreak, it's best to assume what you see (in previews) is what you're getting.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah @DomGC Problem with Pokemon is that TPC wants to churn out multiple games a year, so GF is under a lot of pressure. That being said, I don't think they're great devs either. Maybe they are, but in that case we haven't seen their full potential. The games just feel very rushed. Back in the day when it was handheld only, it was easier to see past the flaws, but now they're up against Nintendo's other games, and it is very obvious.

Octane

VoidofLight

I am so tired of hearing “switch pro” this, “switch pro” that. There’s no logical way this revision would actually exist. At least not in the current climate. Yet Nintendo fans keep pushing on it and it’s just frustrating to see people say “x will be switch pro exclusive!” Or “x will only really run well on switch pro!”. Please just give it up already, it’s not happening.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight If you're really not that interested in hearing about the Switch Pro you could always take time away from the forum. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

kkslider5552000

I'm still bewildered at who wants a 60 dollar Pokemon RPG in Sinnoh 2 months after a 60 dollar Pokemon RPG in Sinnoh.

VoidofLight wrote:

I am so tired of hearing “switch pro” this, “switch pro” that. There’s no logical way this revision would actually exist. At least not in the current climate. Yet Nintendo fans keep pushing on it and it’s just frustrating to see people say “x will be switch pro exclusive!” Or “x will only really run well on switch pro!”. Please just give it up already, it’s not happening.

I'm just quoting this for future reference.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 I think the bigger knee slapper is the fact that they are getting annoyed with people saying something will or won't happen when they themselves are saying something will or won't happen! To quote the great Alanis Morissette, "isn't it ironic?"

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature But one of the things is people getting upset over a release date for no real reason, while the other thing is a rumor that doesn't make sense in the current climate.

NintendoByNature

@VoidofLight I can't argue with you on the release date thing. It is what it is. I also think it's a little silly to release 2 games( or 3 technically) in a 2 month period. But im not mad about it.

Regarding your comments on the switch pro thing. Believe it or not, I actually agree with you on being tired of hearing about it. But at the same token, I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about and rule it out. No one here knows what's coming and if it comes, what games will be exclusive to it. We all pretty much speculate based on leaks, reports and rumors. Some of us more than others though I might add.

But really dude, you shouldn't be knocking people for thinking one thing when you're making the same type of claims as they are. No one knows anything other than what's been reported.

NintendoByNature

jump

@kkslider5552000 I think them both being Sinnoh is the least of their problems besides whilst they may be called Sinnoh the in game worlds are gonna be very different and it’s appears the pokes will be too or at least the starters will be.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

So, Pokemon direct Wednesday. I don't really care much for BDSP, mainly since I have my copy of Platinum working now, and the game itself probably won't be anything more than a 1 for 1 remake of the original Diamond and Pearl.. but I'm highly excited to see more of Arceus. I'm hoping that since it's been a few months, the games will look a bit better honestly, and I really hope they'll show a bigger dive into the gameplay of the game itself. Wonder how long it's going to be, since the tweet doesn't say. https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1426166956911218690

VoidofLight

@Kirby_EU Centro is’t a source to be trusted honestly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic