Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 821 to 840 of 3,072

-Green-

Pokémon is supposedly balanced around double battles anyway. Would love to get more use out of my friend guard Vivillion

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

I have a fun memory with rotation battles.

My poor friend was just so amazed and annoyed by my predictive ability and tactical prowess.

I could see his touch screen all along.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Yeah, double battles are my favourite as well. I like Colosseum because of it.

Rotation battles with Pokemon shifting around on the field would look a bit silly with 3D models, but seeing the lack of battle animations, they clearly don't have a problem with that

Octane

Anti-Matter

Actually, i prefer TAG battle like from Monster Rancher 4 PS2.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I always liked Triple and Rotation battles and honestly prefer the latter. They definitely allowed for some interesting strategies!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

I would like more variety in the battles too. But rather than a game built almost entirely around double battles or single battles or whatever, I would like a game where the different battle types are changed up frequently and you have to be prepared to answer all of them.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

darkfenrir

Eh... I prefer single battles. Like far prefer it compared to every other type of fights.

I'm happy if they have a place where you can just keep fighting in certain battle types though!

darkfenrir

Ralizah

Anything other than single battles feels like an annoying gimmick to me.

I'd prefer intelligent enemy A.I. Have them heal their Pokemon, actively try to exploit my weaknesses, etc.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I would like more variety in the battles too. But rather than a game built almost entirely around double battles or single battles or whatever, I would like a game where the different battle types are changed up frequently and you have to be prepared to answer all of them.

Good point, I liked that Double Battles were frequent enough, not oppressively so, in Emerald, for example.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket I played Showdown a lot and still prefer single battles :v Although at Showdown I prefer to use a Monotype team though, it's great to defeat like a monoice with monograss

darkfenrir

-Green-

I could make a jab at how Gamefreak messed up so badly at balancing that they now apparently balance around the much less standard and frequent Doubles format, but yeah.

Pokémon could really just use a retool with movepools and abilities. Those are largely what determine how strong a Pokémon will be. Legendaries and to some extent Starters are sort of the exception since they’re by design special. Sometimes Gamefreak just likes to be stupidly gimmicky with what they give a Pokémon to the point that it is basically a joke.

Take Pyroar for example. His stats are not bad at all, but his move pool is terribly limited. Almost exclusively just Fire and Normal moves. His abilities are mediocre to meme worthy. They gave it Moxie despite being an awful physical attacker. The literal only use for it in that case is to use Entrainment to pass it on and have it function as a simple suicide lead to buff an ally slightly. Incredibly gimmicky and not even worth the effort, but that’s the niche they gave it with that ability. Gamefreak has a tendency of doing stuff like that.

Edited on by -Green-

Gravitron

@Morpheel really not sure what the previous comment was worried about. Pokemon will be fine even if people dislike the current direction

Gravitron

iKhan

-Green- wrote:

Take Pyroar for example. His stats are not bad at all, but his move pool is terribly limited. Almost exclusively just Fire and Normal moves. His abilities are mediocre to meme worthy. They gave it Moxie despite being an awful physical attacker. The literal only use for it in that case is to use Entrainment to pass it on and have it function as a simple suicide lead to buff an ally slightly. Incredibly gimmicky and not even worth the effort, but that’s the niche they gave it with that ability. Gamefreak has a tendency of doing stuff like that.

Too often Gamefreak takes believably to such a far extent that is severely limits pokemon. Just remember how few fast attacking rock types and ice types there are out there, despite those types being abysmal defensively.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Gravitron

@Snaplocket SuMo was criticized for not having that many new Pokemon and Alola forms being all gen 1 Pokemon. Also people weren't thrilled with the absence of Gym leaders.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Gravitron

@Snaplocket I'm the kind of person that reserves judgement til I see the final product. I had a terrible experience with gen 7(bought a digital version and it ran so badly I couldn't even play it, on a New 3DS) so it will likely always be my least favorite gen.

Gravitron

-Green-

Pokemon responded to the complaints about Pokemon being cut in Sword and Shield. Read their response if you want, but it seems to basically amount to that they're still gonna cull some pokemon and that while you may not have certain pokemon this game, they may appear in future installments.

Edit: So just restated what was already said at E3

Edited on by -Green-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic