Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 761 to 780 of 3,072

Seacliff

Heavyarms55 wrote:

But I think @Morpheel is right, even if they aren't in these games, it's not as though they have been removed from the universe entirely. Whether the games get updated in the future to support them, or post SwSh games have different mixes, they still exist.

A problem though.
We know Gamefreak has a bias toward certain Pokemon. And we know those types of Pokemon will reappear more often than others. As the roster grows, Pokemon not of those kinds will appear less and less often. Said Pokemon will not be removed from the canon, but they might as well be if they fail to show up multiple generations in a row.

Seacliff

Luna_110

Maybe it’s me, but I wouldn’t mind the return of the stadium games and that people could transfer their Pokémon there back and forth from Home. Make the game dedicated to battling, and give it a decent online component... although making the models for such a game means they’ll have the models for a mainline game, so it still doesn’t excuse the Pokédex mess.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ludovsky

@jump Technically I think they hinted at that through what Home itself might give in term of warning messages if you tried to transfer incompatible Pokemons, with small messages such as "Your pokemon thinks this region would be too cold for them" or somesuch iirc from an interview.

Ludovsky

Anti-Matter

I cannot imagine if DynaMax occurs on every Pokemons, we will see a HUGE giant Charizard, Blastoise, etc will destroy the stadium due to its size and their signature attacks. 😅
I was concerning more about the audiences who sit near of Giant Pokemons and possibly got some attacks from Giant Pokemon fights. 😅

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter As much as I'd love to have a full kaiju Pokemon game where you destroy absolutely everything, I sort of doubt it'll happen. XD But hey, we can dream!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

All we need are Tyranitar, Venemoth, Aerodactyl, and Hydreigon, and your dreams will be reality.

...Somebody do a Max Raid battle with these when the games release and upload the footage to YouTube. PLEASE.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

CanisWolfred

Not me, because I was expecting it to be a Pokemon game and not, you know, something completely different? I feel like that was the right call.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@Snaplocket If you want to play games like Xenoblade or Fire Emblem, I highly recommend checking out other games in those series.

I'm afraid Pokemon won't satiate your Final Fantasy or Gears of War yearnings, either.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Game freak’s laziness will be defended to the end of the earth though.

I mean, criticize them and the game all you want, but it's kinda unrelastic to expect the same reaction from everyone? Not everyone will hate what they see, and not everyone will like the same things.

For example, three houses is not in my radar, like at all, nothing about it makes me want to buy it, meanwhile I don't default to hate and disgust at the sight of any harvest moon game made by natsume... And that's ok.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

This game is a massive step up from what I played on 3DS. I’ve got nothing but praise for everything I’ve seen.

I especially like how you can bust out the bicycle at any point and cruise around the world, and I love how it transforms into a pedal bike that can cross any lake. Reminds me of skells in Xenoblade X. The world is really beautiful too, and it’s great to finally have control over the camera. Switch is the best thing to happen to Pokémon to date.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Harmonie

The last trailer certainly made the game look really great... But then the TreeHouse happened and it all went downhill from there. It's saddening.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

JaxonH

Oh, and it’s awesome to see Pokémon in the world like Let’s Go, while still retaining some random battles in certain areas. And the giant stadium battles.

So many improved aspects of the game, sometimes I lose track of them.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

I bet a Switch that, despite all the backlash, Sword and Shield are still going to sell over a million copies each.

I further expect that, even despite the limited Pokedex it will still prove very popular. It's still the first traditional Pokemon RPG in HD.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

CanisWolfred

Snaplocket wrote:

@JaxonH All I can say is, I disagree. @CanisWolfred Define "completely different" please.
@Ralizah I meant more in the sense of being a step up form the previous games, not genre or gameplay style. In all seriousness, I WOULD like a mainline Pokemon game with an actually good story.

I was as confused as Ralizah, I assumed you were expecting a major genre shift. And we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think this looks like just as much of a major step up in as those others you mentioned. I mean, Three Houses looks great, but Fire Emblem is also no stranger to console hardware, and they spent the last couple of games feeling out where they wanted to go. As Pokemon's first foray on consoles, this is looking far better than I anticipated.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Buizel

I'm doubtful that the National Dex ordeal will have a massive impact on sales. A lot of people are bummed out...but how many are going to stop buying a new game because of some old content that they can't access? Let's Go also receieved some vocal backlash and has done decently well.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

Sword and Shield have looked fantastic pretty much every time I've seen them. Proper next gen entries in the series. I'm not going to do this thing where I suddenly act like a game I'm interested in and that looks good is complete trash because of a controversial design choice.

@Snaplocket And that's a valid perspective to have. I just don't understand why you'd make the comparison to completely different series when they're not similar or related at all.

Anyway, while I wouldn't mind a good story in these games (I actually really liked the narrative focus of B/W in this regard), I've more been craving a Pokemon game that lets me alone and allows me to explore and play at my own pace, and these games seem to go a long way in that regard.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I bet a Switch that, despite all the backlash, Sword and Shield are still going to sell over a million copies each.

What kind of non-prediction is this?

Of course they'll sell over a million. Pretty much every pokemon game since the bronze age has sold over 10 million.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Gamefreak pls bring Gogoat in Gen 8. I spent a week breeding a Grassy Pelt perfect Gogoat with the correct egg moves and everything. I wanna try some funny strategies using Dynamaxing since it can spread Grassy Terrain while also attacking. ;;

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic