Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 681 to 700 of 3,072

-Green-
Hmm, I can't help but feel that there has to be something wrong with how Gamefreak is making the games. Aren't they reusing the same models and animations? I struggle to understand why they're using higher quality animations as a justification for not having some pokemon when those models should already exist.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Yeah, but so far, the animations are just reused from previous gens as well

-Green-

After looking through it again, you're partially right for battle animations. Moves like Water Gun have been changed but things such as Wood Hammer, Double Kick and Vital Throw are basically the same as previous gens. Except with perhaps some slightly different colors.

Heavyarms55

We still don't know how big the Gallar Poke-dex is going to be. But from what we have already seen, there is a nice mix from across the years. Thankfully it doesn't seem like they are continuing their obnoxious favoritism of gen 1 plus new Pokemon.

What do you guys think would be a good number for the game? My hope is 300-500 with 300 being the side I think more likely.

@Tsurii I wouldn't abandon Bank yet. I have a sneaking suspecion that it is gonna be lumped into Pokemon Home when Home releases.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

I’m almost sure they’ll just let you move Pokémon from bank to home and keep both services mostly separate.

At most they could just combine the subscriptions to be an all in one payment.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@Tsurii They only do the "can't go back" thing if you actually put them in the new game. If you take your gen 6 pokemon into bank you can send them back to gen 6 so long as you don't put them into gen 7. I'd imagine Home would work the same way. The way I picture it, is that Bank is going to become a function of Home and the old Bank app on 3DS is gonna work like an ATM machine. I think the 450 idea is reasonable, especially if we get the other half in a subsequent game.

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir I've heard people talking about this before but I seriously doubt it is as bad as this post makes it sound. Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures need each other. They all have a hand in the pot of gold that is Pokemon but that pot will fall apart if any of them push one of the others out.

While the time constraints of making all those animations and 3D models is a legitimate concern an unwillingness to expand and hire more staff is honestly a childish excuse. I flat out do not believe they don't have the resources for it. Pokemon is a merchandising gold mine even to this day and I don't see any reason why they couldn't pull resources from there if needed. Perhaps there are legal reasons that aren't public knowledge, but I am no lawyer.

I think it is also a little extreme that the original poster suggests that Game Freak is being unabashedly criticized by everyone. Certainly there are people upset and disappointed - and I count myself among the latter group - there is hardly a wave of outrage going around.

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 That is true, we just don't have enough information on what is going on within Game Freak's company (as well as Creatures / Nintendo) to really draw a definitive conclusion.

Overall this situation just feels bad though, I'm still feeling the reasons they are throwing at us right now isn't the true reason at all, but why hide it? Or maybe this is all just conspiracy theory.

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir The hopeful cynic in me (yeah I know kinda a contradiction) wants to believe they are doing this as an excuse to make more games and thus more profit. It will be a lure to buy another game on Switch if that other game has the rest of the Pokemon. And in doing so, we get the rest of the Pokemon. They get more time to work on animations and whatever. So I'm rationalizing it as perhaps a tad of greed on their part because that's easy to understand.

But I am hopeful because I do very much want a Pokemon game on Switch with a full National dex eventually.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 Hopefully so, while I don't need National Dex at all, I want one just so that there'll be less dramas.

Like, honestly, Pokemon got so many dramas every installments it's not even funny. Will there be one generation where there's not much to complain about, or if it has complaints, it's not something huge.

darkfenrir

Octane

@Heavyarms55 @Morpheel 300 is more than enough considering we're probably getting less than 100 new ones. 400+ makes it feel like it's skewed towards the older generations a lot more. I liked Ruby and Sapphire, those games were like 50% old and 50% new.

@darkfenrir @Heavyarms55 Yeah, it's not as bad as that Reddit post makes it seem to be. Like I said, Game Freak didn't do the 3D models, Creatures does them. They're also used in Pokemon GO, and the Pokedex app for iOS for example. They talked about running animations, but those already existed as well. Never used, but they were all present in the code of Sun and Moon.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir I feel like there would have been almost no issue if this Pokedex thing wasn't a thing. Some people would have whined about Dynamax because people always whine about the new gimmick, but that'd be it.

jump

This is annoyingly stupid! I thought they made Pokémon Bank paid for so it would be future proof and avoid these transfer issues.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haruki_NLI

I think we are missing the big picture here.

Yes, the models are the same. The textures arent.

Think about this. How can a game with just the Kanto region and 153 Pokemon, and not even half the moves in the 3DS games....be the same file size as the latest 3DS game with a larger region and 807 Pokemon?

Easy. Textures are massive.

If Galar has even 300 Pokemon, this game will be huge, literally. And retexturing everything for HD at once is a long task.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@Octane No, but file size = more cost.

Retexturning 809 things is already a chore. Imagine how big the game will be and the cart it would need. I dont think they are being entirely genuine

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic