Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 381 to 400 of 3,072

Octane

Remember Pokemon Stars?

Octane

Gravitron

I find it baffling that Samurott isnt water/steel. Blastoise too for that matter he totally should've been made Water/Steel in gen 2.

Gravitron

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Ah yes...the totally a game says Eurogamer, no wait its a tech demo for internal testing says Eurogamer.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Buizel

Octane wrote:

@Buizel I don't think that there's a trio of types that works the same way as water, fire and grass does.

In fairness, that's another "rule" of Pokemon that doesn't really have to be there. I'm sure there are more ways they can experiment with starter types and introducing the type chart without having the starter triangle set-up.

That said, I'm not passionately against having the tradition Grass, Fire, and Water starters. I just think it's a bit of wasted potential.

At least 2'8".

Gravitron

@Buizel Fighting, Rock, Flying works almost exactly the same as Fire, Water, Grass. That could be interesting.

Was gonna say Psychic,Fighting,Dark but it wouldn't be fair.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

DarkRula

It's less a rule and more a tradition of the main series, and what's more simpler than grass/water/fire as a rock/paper/scissors substitute? And who says you even need a trio of starters? Who says you need a set starter at all?

What if you actually caught a 'mon on the first route and that became your starter? Not like in Let's Go! where it's a set in stone singular, but a random choice of whatever is available on the route. There'd need to be a bit more variety in the starting route to really allow it, but that's one way of removing the starting tradition altogether.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

With Eevee, it’s a weird case where if you want to evolve it, you must do it very early or else you miss out on basic elemental attacks (until you meet a move relearner), so it’s unlike with regular starter Pokémon that you can keep unevolved without missing out on moves. And basically the complete opposite of how other stone based evolutions work.

It was nice to have a game where you get to use an Eevee in its base form, and not worry about having to evolve it. But yeah, if you want your game to start with a regular Eevee, you must let the player evolve it as soon as possible.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Maybe! I did notice a few Pokémon learning moves upon evolution.

It would still potentially (temporarily) miss out on some moves if you take too long to evolve it, but yeah.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

I'm thinking what kind of Weird moves we will get from Generation 8.
We got Mega Evolution from Generation 6.
We got Super Weird Z-Moves from Generation 7.
We got what moves from Generation 8 ?
A Scottish dance and pipebag chorus to support your Pokemons ? 😆

Anti-Matter

Eel

We will get a new special move where the trainer starts shouting scottish gibberish at the oponent to lower the stats of their pokemon.

Bloop.

Eel

The move reminder is more often than not found around mid-game, I think.

Let's hope the trend of keeping it until the elite four is not a new sort of rule.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

love how they basically teased all the notable poketubers covering supposed leaks at the start of the video

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

scottdevine48

Rumors:
•Spirit Armor for starters and Mewtwo.
•Liza and Charla make game appearances
•Teenage versions of Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise

scottdevine48

scottdevine48

They may not be rumors they are leaks.

scottdevine48

RR529

scottdevine48 wrote:

•Teenage versions of Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise

Yeah, they're called Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic