Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,072

Eel

Turns out Calyrex is actually the Harvest Goddess and this is a Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons plot.

Anyone else enjoying the new raids?

Zygarde is like, the hardest thing in the game, even with actual people playing we've lost three times to it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AndyD

I am enjoying this with the kids. I have my sword account and they have their shield accounts. The raids are great, and the opportunity for me to get all the legendaries for a change is great since I missed a lot during the early years.

Is there a raid topic in the forums for group raids since we can do the dynamax adventures now with friends online? I would love to help organize some raid groups.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Dark_Magician

Love the DLC! The legendaries some times won't get into the Pokeball though

Mancer_X

AndyD

@Dark_Magician are you referring to the overworld ones, if so I used a good 30 ultra balls on several of them. The catch rate was altered it seems to not make it quite as easy. of course the dynamax adventure catch rate is 100 percent.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Eel

Legendary pokemon are simply that hard to catch normally.

... When the story doesn't depend on you catching them, of course. Main-story legendaries usually get their catch rate modified to be easier to catch.

Optional ones though, retain their low catch rates.

The dynamax adventures ones are different of course, since the challenge is actually getting to defeat them. You don't necessary want to keep them once you catch them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

@AndyD you can only catch one of each species, it’s not super necessary to worry about things like natures and IVs, since you can modify those with items later, buuuut if you’re not convinced by the nature and stats of the one you just caught, you can simply chose to not keep it, and you’ll be able to catch it again later.

You can also go for a shiny this way.

On that subject, shiny Pokémon in these adventures are secret, you won’t know if they’re shiny until the results screen. So it’s entirely possible for one of the regular Pokémon you caught along the way to be shiny, in which case you may prefer to keep those instead of the legendary.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

I like there's a lot of Gen 3 additions in this batch (my favourite gen).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

I'm liking the verticality to the world and how it looks a bit more natural. Seems Game Freak have got further with their experiments of world design with an unlocked camera as well, considering the major cave we have here is a bit more complex than that of those in the Isle of Armor (and there's a million Zubat around, so can we can really feel what it's like to run into them). From exploring these maps, I am confident that maybe generation nine is where things will really pick up in terms of an entire region with an unlocked camera.

For the quests, I went in reverse order, so caught the Kanto birds first. All the Regis are caught, so I'm starting the first one now. And already feel like I'm missing out on something with it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

I went directly to Calyrex and had fun with that. Will do the others once I beat the main story in this file.

My main file is stuck at home on my original switch. When we return home, I'll take the chance to catch the other choice-based exclusives.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

msm2000

Is anyone willing to do a couple of quick trade and trade backs for the regi choices and the horse variations? Just want them for the pokedex. Thanks.

Edit: I have the dragon regi and the ghost horse.

Edited on by msm2000

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Eel

Apparently the Crown Tundra contains information for a few mythical pokemon encounters.

Though nobody really knows how to find them.

Bloop.

Eel

@Minskin mythical pokemon are things like Keldeo, Victini, Celebi, etc, the pokemon you usually get via events. Not just plain legendary pokemon.

Keldeo is a confirmed encounter in the Crown Tundra for example, but appantly there's data for others that hasn't been activated yet.

About Spiritomb, that's simply the traditional method to obtain it, even back then in Pokemon Diamond and Parl, you had to interact with other players in the mines for it to appear.

You don't need to pay for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO), since you can also play locally to trigger the event. If you don't have people locally, then an option would be to use the free NSO trial period to play online.

To "let it lapse" means to use the trial and then cancel it so it doesn't renew automatically.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SViper

Minskin wrote:

I don't have the online subscription so I can't complete the Pokédex. Forcing people to pay money just to summon a single Pokémon is scummy of Game Freak to do.

Go to My Nintendo where you can get 7 days Nintendo Switch Online for 0 Platinum Coins in other words for free. The offer will be available until November 3rd 10 AM EET. And My Nintendo does this from time to time, so.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Wolfy10

Can anyone please help me by sending me a foreign language ditto I live in America and my link code is 10001910

Wolfy10

Snatcher

@Wolfy10 You can look up a trade code for trading dittos only so if you keep using that you will fined a foren ditto.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Wolfy10 Google.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

Ah cool, that's great! I did receive the newsletter today saying the code will be given out on the next one.

I usually miss these because they love giving them away via physical game stores or by visiting specific places... Which are usually like at least 400km away from me.

So yay.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic