Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 3,117

BakaKnight

@Silly_G It's bothersome, but personally I also love it.
I can't avoid to think it's just all a huge evidence of the incompetence/disperation of the Galar's fossil expert.

She can't find full working fossils, so she just desperately started to mix and match them in whatever way they could even remotely work and make up stories on how this "totally legit" dinousar Pokémon used to live (or rather die) in ancient times.

It's crazy, hilarious and a well done joke XD;;;

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Silly_G

@BakaKnight : I totally love that aspect of it. Arctozolt especially is as hilarious as it is utterly, utterly tragic (my poor baby ), but the absence of the original forms bothers me... a lot.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Manah

Wasn't that also a reference to real life dinosaur mix-ups?

And that scientist can't even match her socks, why are we trusting her with ancient life forms?

Eel

Yeah apparently it was fairly common for people to mix up creatures and use the parts wrong back in the day.

Also, the scientists name is a pun on careless, so...

Anyway, wthout the gimmick they would be "oh it's literally just a dunkleosteus" or "oh it's just an electric velociraptor".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

youngwolf0

this is a weird one, offering any legendary from the old games from my pokemon bank for zacian, so I'd send you legends in X/Y or sun/moon then after you send me zacian on the switch ;p
I also have the things below to offer in sw&sh
FT: 5IV german ditto, 5IV english ditto
GM pokes: drednaw, sandaconda, orbeetle, butterfree, gengar, snorelax, centiskorch
HA pokes: darumaka, sinistea, snorelax, corsola, pincurchin, dreepy
5iv pokes: feroseed, centiskorch, dreepy, honedge, ghastly, mimikyu, feebas
plus I have complete living dex so can breed anything

youngwolf0

Octane

@Silly_G I mean. All combinations are possible. 2 heads and two bodies, that's four different combinations.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

Further, of course they can't breed. How would that work? There are literally two halves of different creatures smudged together.

The thing doesn't have one consistent DNA pool.

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

Started replaying the games with a new team. Replays give a more thorough understanding of the game and give me the opportunity to view it without hype goggles on. So far, the beginning definitely gives me S/M vibes with how often I’m interrupted by characters and guided along. The Wild Area is a cool break, but when you get used to it, it becomes repetitive and bland since it lacks the depth to carry it in replays.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

rallydefault

I just finished! Clocked in at like 25 hours.

I loved it. Just a really fun adventure all the way through. Definitely easy, though. Didn't lose to anyone until the final battle, and that only because I made some really dumb decisions. Had it pretty easily on my second try.

Not a Pokémon vet as I've mentioned. This was my first full Pokémon game since the very originals.

I'm doing the post-game stuff now which is still pretty cool. Did not expect this much content after I "beat" the game, though again I'm not a vet at these games so maybe this is normal. I'm not a huge RPG fan, but man, I can see how people will sink their life into this game catching all the Pokémon, doing the raid battles, doing the battle tower I've heard about, etc. I'll probably just follow these post-game storyline for a bit longer and then head back to Mario Maker 2 lol

But definitely recommended for anyone who is the slightest RPG fan. Solidly good time.

rallydefault

Silly_G

@Octane : I meant including the missing bottom and top halves of each of the four fossils as well (which are evidently missing/undiscovered).

Gravitron

I accidentally traded my hidden ability Sobble

Gravitron

-Green-

How did you get a hidden ability Sobble, they’re not available yet?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

Guess a friend or someone online gave him a hacked one.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Qkslvr

Looking for 5IV Foreign Ditto, have 5IV english Ditto

Qkslvr

BlackTalon2

This game would be really great if it wasn't for Leon, i mean why is he ten levels higher than chairman Rose! and four levels higher than Eternatus! i didn't want to grind just after beating Rose and capturing Eternatus, it ruins the momentum.

But yeah, i just finished the game, and yeah there are some missing elements that were present in the previous pokemon games, minor things, but i miss them. It was a fun ride and a beautiful game, it is clear they focused a lot of time on the aesthetics of the game, i felt like i was the hero of my own cartoon series, thanks to the graphics. The Champion Cup was great, only Leon ruined it for me. I had no choice but to put Eternatus on my team, there was no way to win without it unless i grind, and i didn't want to grind. I already grinded before the Champion Cup. I lost , like 8-10 times using different pokemon, before i finally decided to just put Eternatus on the team and it was the last man standing at yellow health.

I finished the game at a little over 52 hours of play.

I'm already looking forward to next years game, i hope it is a Gen 4 remake.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Eel

Could be because he is the champion and Rose is just Rose.

I appreciated the champion being actually kinda strong, unlike some in other generations.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Gravitron

@Eel Ya someone just traded it to me. I know its probably hacked.

Gravitron

Silly_G

BlackTalon2 wrote:

I hope it is a Gen 4 remake.

I think the most likely outcome is a Let's Go remake of Gen II for next year (most of the work is already done thanks to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, and it would make sense to reuse those assets for a sequel), followed by a proper remake of Gen IV the following year. While two remakes in a row (albeit in different styles) may seem excessive, I think it's the most likely outcome given that the new series of the anime is revisiting past regions, so having Alola, Kanto, Galar, Johto, and Sinnoh games released in such close proximity makes sense (and implies that this particular series may last longer than previous arcs), and the different styles between the Gen II and IV remakes will help break the monotony a little.

Edited on by Silly_G

Octane

@Silly_G I really think LGPE were a one-off thing. I don't expect another one for Switch. I mean, I would feel weird. The games are even more simpler than SWSH, and it just would feel like a big step backwards.

Octane

Eel

Not if we accept they’re their own pseudo spinoff series.

There’s certainly some things I would love to see improved in a new Let’s Go. Like being able to give multiple candies at once instead of being there pressing the A button 800 hundred times for each stat. And improved controller support and button layout. Also the catching screen could use several tweaks to make using different items faster.

And finally getting to see what the heck has that guy been flattening the land for.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic