Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 3,117

DarthNocturnal

Talk to every NPC, open every door, catch any new mon on a new route, check for items in side areas... yeah, I try to leave as few stones unturned as I can.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

jump

That Wailord battle and box Legendary awkward movement vid/pics that are making the rounds is really damming Game Freaks' case of them having better animations. People reckon the embargo is still up as there's lots of bugs and poor animations like these so they are trying to keep it on the downlow for as long as possible.

When will we be able to post things without the spoiler tags? I'm assuming on Friday is ok as long as it's not story/end game stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Silly_G

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Talk to every NPC, open every door, catch any new mon on a new route, check for items in side areas... yeah, I try to leave as few stones unturned as I can.

I'm the same. I also sometimes spam A around areas where hidden items are likely to be located.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

Octane wrote:

@jump Could you link the Wailord one? I don't want to google it, cause of spoilers.

The pop-up looks terrible...

https://i.imgur.com/uPpPzBt.mp4

I could buy the Poke popping up as a surprise attack or something but the trees are horrible.

I couldn't find the one I saw which actually made it look worse but here's another. Keep in mind it's meant to be a MASSIVE Pokémon.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@jump Oh god, why is it that small? I hope it's just a bug...

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

jump Oh god, why is it that small? I hope it's just a bug...

Erm… maybe it's a normal sized Wailord but the trainers and other pokemon are all dynamaxed…

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

Why is this even a thing?

Untitled

Octane

Justifier

Maybe they should have cut wailord xD

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Octane

I also just read GTS is cut, just like it was in LGPE. I really hope that isn't true.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

So, someone I know slid into the old DMs, sent me a message along the lines of "Literally beating you to death" if I bought Sword or Shield.

Never once mentioned the game to them, never once said I was going to buy it. They just popped up and said, hey, this thing coming out, buy it and you die.

Honestly, I'm done with Pokemon not because of the games, but the people around it. This reminds me too much of school where Pokemon was a reason to be beaten up in the playground.

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

The review embargo is up at 2pm UK time. This should be interesting...

Nicolai wrote:

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita Report them to the police, then. People like that will keep sending threats to other people if there aren't repercussions for their actions. Death threats, regardless of seriousness of intent, should be a police matter.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

-Juice-

The media and die hard fans right now: “How dare you take a stand against corporate greed, you’re so entitled! Just buy the games like a TRUE fan and say thank you!”

Sadly, this isn’t even just with Pokemon. Gaming media defended Fallout 76 all the way up to its launch. Even this site has been skeptical that what we say about Sword and Shield having issues is true.

People wonder why the community won’t shut up about all of its problems with the game, but the reasoning should be clear. Both Game Freak and the gaming news media have been patronizing our arguments all throughout the year. We feel ignored, and rejected just because we want changes we’ve asked for since Gen V.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

NotTelevision

It’s kind of interesting how Metacritic separated Sword and Shield, instead of lumping them together. It looks to have turned out the way most of the non-agitated have predicted.

NotTelevision

Maelwolf

@-Juice- That’s a lot of hyperbole towards people that just generally disagree with you.

Reviews are coming in and so far are extremely positive. Perhaps some people may have overreacted pre-release?

Anyways, looking forward to Friday, now have to decide which version I’ll start with!

Maelwolf

Grumblevolcano

@-Juice- Disagree, the real problem is that some complainers have taken things too far and as a result have ruined the voice of those wanting change that haven't taken things too far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

The Eurogamer review (Eurogamer & Nintendolife are my two main game sites) is not giving a pretty review. They largely talk about how the game world feels empty and aren't impressed with the dynamax gimmick but did praise making the game more accessible with things like move deleter being easier, changing natures etc as well as the new poke designs.

Nicolai wrote:

Maelwolf

@jump Yeah, although the majority of reviews are pretty much overwhelmingly positive, the one thing that keeps coming up is that The Wild is rather bland in appearance. Probably would have been more interesting for there to be dramatically different biomes, similar to something like Minecraft where you walk from plains into a forest, into a desert, into a swamp, etc etc.

I am glad to hear some of the raids are quite difficult. I hope more get added post-release. Maybe we will see seasonal events?

Maelwolf

TheFrenchiestFry

I'M ASCENDING THAT LEAKED FOOTAGE OF THE PLAYER TRAINER CLIMBING UP A LADDER LOOKED SO BAD

THE ENTIRE OVERWORLD JUST FREEZES WHEN HE INITIATES HIS CLIMBING ANIMATION AND IT LOOKS HILARIOUS

oh yeah also game freak apparently completely lied about not reusing assets and now #GameFreakLied is trending on Twitter like 2 days after #ThankYouGameFreak was

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic