Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 3,072

jump

Eel wrote:

Between the final evolution of grookey and the punk rock lizard, I think my team is looking more like a band.

Gotta get a lead singer.

Jigglypuff or Exploud would be the obvious ones but they didn't survive Dexit. Maybe instead of a singer have a conductor with a metronome Clefairy?

Jimez wrote:

Got me an Eevee, now can work on Leafeon as soon as i get a Leaf Stone.

I picked a leaf stone up around the town of the first gym if you're looking.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Taya

Does Eevee evolve with a leaf stone in this game?

Taya

Buizel

@Taya yes, and Glaceon with Ice Stone.

At least 2'8".

Octane

It would be too stupid to expect Espeon and Umbreon to evolve with a Sun and Moon Stone respectively, right?

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

It would be too stupid to expect Espeon and Umbreon to evolve with a Sun and Moon Stone respectively, right?

They are still evolving based on the time and day however the night/day cycle has been cut back so you will only get night time and day time in certain areas of the game now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

Galenmereth wrote:

jump How does the night/day time work? Yesterday evening it was night in the wild area, but the day before it wasn't at the same time. I'm confused

Same here, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Nicolai wrote:

-Green-

Honestly training is great in this game, they made it incredibly easy to optomize your team and such. Except for how they've handled Hidden Abilities (which are a pretty big part of more competitive play). I mentioned it yesterday but they locked them behind Max Raids which essentially means you have to battle Gamefreak's terrible online systems and the fact that each raid is expensive to try and limited by timers makes the grind one of the worst Post game experiences I've had in Pokemon.

For example, I've spent two days just trying to get an Applin with its Hidden abilities, but since I can't just search for Applin lobbies directly and the previously mentioned huge luck factor, it's amounted to me being forced to spend ages on the Y-comm continuously refreshing (by searching for cards, because the system won't even allow you to refresh consistently) just to find a lobby that probably won't even have the pokemon with its Hidden Ability because it seems Gamefreak has altered the odds of acquiring them to be lower. Also you can't save and reset to try your own Max Raids that you found in game. It's padding of the worst kind, the kind that's locked behind bad systems and randomness.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

@Galenmereth You can pass them down thankfully unlike Gigantamaxing, but it requires finding a Pokemon with the Hidden Ability first. So you either have to brave the Max Raids RNG/Online or hope someone can be kind enough to trade you one they acquired.

Which still somewhat runs against the changes Game Freak made this Gen to improve raising the Pokemon you want, but it's not the worst case I guess. It's also a step back from the previous Hidden ability systems Game Freak had in place the last 2 Gens.

Edited on by -Green-

Ralizah

@Galenmereth Y-Comm is by far the worst thing about this generation of Pokemon. It's worse than any of the multiplayer suites in the 3DS games (even the festival plaza, lol). GF started off Gen 6 SO STRONG on that front with the PSS, which is honestly the best Pokemon has ever been on the multiplayer front. It was so convenient to find people to trade with and trade for the Pokemon you wanted. Whatever we have now feels like we jumped back multiple generations on that front.

It's only good for wonder trades, which have been improved a bit.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

I've just found out the Pokerus hasn't been cut from the game, the only people who I've seen with it are asking for ridiculous things though.

Nicolai wrote:

-Green-

I’m just shocked that they didn’t implement a search function for specific Pokémon in the Y-Comm. They added in tags to filter stuff out but then made it so the refresh option is unreliable and didn’t add a search option that they had already implemented before in the GTS. Its honestly absurd

Maelwolf

@Galenmereth So I found random trades never matching either, then I found out that you need to manually connect to the internet first. Once I did, random trades now complete in about 10-20 seconds.

Maelwolf

Maelwolf

@-Green- I’m glad the single player is as good as it is, because everything online is pretty lacklustre. I really like raids, but some I can’t beat as I have to play with bots, and the bots they give you are lower level and bring random Pokémon, often fainting right away and losing the match. We need a proper queue menu for trading, raiding, and anything else multiplayer related.

Maelwolf

EOTW

Regarding Gamefreak designing their games "for kids", they've used that as an absurd excuse before. I don't have a source for this, but I rember that Gamefreak said they didn't include camera controls in gen 7 (when questioned about it) because kids would find camera control to be too complicated. The real reason is obviously the technical limitations of the 3DS, but they like to come up with weird excuses for things that really don't need them. Obviously take what I say with a grain of salt, since I'm too lazy to look up the source.

Edited on by EOTW

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Buizel

@EOTW to be fair, 3DS didn't have dual analog, meaning that camera control would've been clunkier (maybe not "more complicated").

At least 2'8".

EOTW

@Buizel Indeed, I think there are perfectly valid reasons not to have camera controls in a 3DS game, I just thought Gamefreak's reasoning was utterly silly.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Eel

They probably found out people can chat across the internet on their phones and toasters, and figured they can arrange trades that way.

It would fit right along with their reasoning behind the exp share.

Edit: or they're saving it for Home.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Well it would technically be tied to a paid service either way.

All I hope from Home is that it's not any more expensive than what I already pay for Bank. Which I've been paying for since day one.

Having the same single subscription cover both would be awesome.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

I've gotta say, I kind of hated seeing Pokemon on the map in LGPE since they were huge (thus clogging up the pathways) and just sort of stupidly lumbered around. The Pokemon models running around in the wild in SwSh are a genuine pleasure, though. Their movement is a lot more organic-feeling. They'll sometimes follow you, or even have cute reactions based on what you're doing

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic