Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 3,072

Octane

-Juice- wrote:

So, it seems that experience earned isn’t properly nerfed. A streamer was avoiding trainers, did zero grinding, and still ended up five levels above the rival. This means the game is easier than gens 6-7. This is a problem, because this time the exp. share cannot be toggled off.

Even more interesting: backgrounds are often inappropriate for the location a battle is being taken place in. Some are just colorful voids of nothing, like you’d see on the old games. This is interesting, because LGPE had extremely accurate backgrounds.

Someone caught a water type by fishing on a dock, and the background became a grassy plane with zero water anywhere.

I'm still getting it to find out myself, but man, that doesn't sound good.

Like Meowpheel said, rotating Pokemon is the best option here, but it definitely goes against the "play it however you want" mentality. This franchise desperately needs difficulty options of this is the way they're going.

Octane

Justifier

Zuljaras wrote:

@Octane It is clear that they have faith in the Pokemon brand alone to sell well but for how long?
A generation or two?

It depends on sales. We need pokemon game to bomb (what haven't happened ever before) if we want bigger changes.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Justifier

Zuljaras wrote:

@Justifier Damn I think you are right. If it's not broken don't fix it right?

I think they should fix it. But I understand, that when games sell about 10-15 million, they may think "It went well, let's continue this way".

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

jump

Justifier wrote:

Zuljaras wrote:

@Octane It is clear that they have faith in the Pokemon brand alone to sell well but for how long?
A generation or two?

It depends on sales. We need pokemon game to bomb (what haven't happened ever before) if we want bigger changes.

The game success matters very little in the grand scheme of things, about 2/3rds of the Pokémon company/franchise's revenue comes in through merchandise. They just the need the games to come out to introduce new Pokes so they can have new merch to sell and licence.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

And we've now officially reached a whole new level of reviewing a game before even playing it. (Watching a streamer does not count - that's called a movie.)

Can't believe I'm defending Pokémon though lol - I'm not a big Pokémon fan. I just think you guys are being ridiculous. I've always thought it was dumb to judge games without trying them, even if you can watch videos of it; you're still not playing it. Maybe you want to do things differently than the videos you watched? The feel of the gameplay can't be conveyed through videos. Maybe the devs will patch things last minute (I'm not wasting my time, but how many games launch with day-one patches these days? "all" would probably be an acceptable answer lol). Maybe, just maybe, the streamer's opinions are subconsciously affecting your own - if you don't acknowledge this possibility, I seriously question your judgment.

But whatever. I have no horse in this race. I'm getting Super Lucky's Tale because I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Same reason why I'm not getting Dragon Quest - played the demo, it was ok, but I knew I wouldn't enjoy it over the long run.

Think for yourselves, people. Try a friend's copy. Maybe they'll release a demo. Heck, try it at a kiosk at Game Stop or Best Buy or wherever. But stop being such lemmings.

rallydefault

jump

So who are people's favourite new pokes from what's been leaked?

Appletun just looks boss, initially I was gonna get Grookey as my starter but as Appletun is a grass type too he's usurped his place. I like Toxel's look but I'm not keen on his evolutions, Grapploct and Centiskorch are some of my other highlights.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@rallydefault Who's reviewing the game based on a streamer?

Sure, I'll try it for myself, but like I said, if one person was severely over-leveled without grinding or fighting trainers, that should apply to everyone in that case, right? And again, we don't know for sure until the game is out, but it does worry me a little.

Octane

rallydefault

@Octane
The guy you quoted is basing everything off a streamer he's watching. Voila:

-Juice- wrote:

So, it seems that experience earned isn’t properly nerfed. A streamer was avoiding trainers, did zero grinding, and still ended up five levels above the rival. This means the game is easier than gens 6-7. This is a problem, because this time the exp. share cannot be toggled off.

Even more interesting: backgrounds are often inappropriate for the location a battle is being taken place in. Some are just colorful voids of nothing, like you’d see on the old games. This is interesting, because LGPE had extremely accurate backgrounds.

Someone caught a water type by fishing on a dock, and the background became a grassy plane with zero water anywhere.

How do you know they won't allow you to turn exp share off? (Again - no horse in this race, haven't been following the ridiculousness of all of this, so apologies if devs confirmed no option for that. The guy I quoted seems convinced that's not an option, so maybe, but like I said, games change a lot these days after they come out.)

To further show my Pokémon stupidity, wasn't exp share a thing on the Sun/Moon games on 3DS? I bought one of those and never beat it, but I seem to remember all my Pokémon gaining exp after the battles. Did people send death threats back then, as well?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Justifier

@jump
Centiskorch for sure. Love the typing.

jump

rallydefault wrote:

How do you know they won't allow you to turn exp share off? (Again - no horse in this race, haven't been following the ridiculousness of all of this, so apologies if devs confirmed no option for that.

The developers have said there's no option to turn it off.

Also no one in here is sending death threats.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

rallydefault

@jump
Did I say anyone here was sending death threats? Use your brain. I've seen you around the forum, and you've seen me. Obviously I was referring to the total clown show on Twitter.

I'll never understand why people willfully twist words like you just did.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

jump

rallydefault wrote:

jump
Did I say anyone here was sending death threats?

You didn't mention who were sending the death threats. In any case bringing it up as either complaints about users here or hyperbole is the same kind of over reacting you're complaining about.

Talking about complaints, the data mined has started...

Over a hundred moves have also been cut, the biggest is Hidden Power. Not confirmed but it looks like there's gonna be two event Pokémon based on coding. The total pokes is 435, it appears the extra 35 are starters and legendarys from past games however the models are in the game rather than the pokes are in the game.

Nicolai wrote:

Ralizah

Galenmereth wrote:

Honestly, can't we all wait until we play the game and get to feel how it actually is before we continue all this soothsaying?

People have been dumping on this game since E3. Why stop now?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Juice-

Oh no... pursuit is gone...

At least the other Gen I starters and Alola starters are in the code. Although, this still doesn’t guarantee we can transfer them over. Oh, some past legends and mythicals were found too.

I’m concerned about the game’s length right now. They cut so many features, moves, and Pokemon, yet the average playtime reported is around 15-20 hours, with a 2 hour post game story epilogue and Battle Tower as the complete end game. So much was lost without any gain. We’ve been politely asking for a good post game for about six years now, and all we ever got was that battle frontier diorama in ORAS... lol

Edited on by Eel

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Eel

Ya know what they should remove?

Incenses.

Just make all Mr Mimes and Marrils be born as Mime Jrs and Azurrills, Game Freak, is ok to retcon those things!

Incenses are useless and kinda unnatural. They make the baby forms completely meaningless.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Harmonie

@Galenmereth Not many people's minds will be changed, I guarantee it. A lot about a game's quality can be gotten before the release, and I wish people would stop pretending like that's not the case.

A number of people unhappy with the games won't buy them anyway. They're still allowed to have and state their opinions.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic