Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 3,072

jump

scubydo wrote:

Well, 400. That’s a decent amount. I foresee some dlc events and such.

If they are gonna include the 500+ cut pokes as dlc I'd rather they had just delayed the game to include them on disk rather than using loads of memory space taken up with updates.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AndyD

jump wrote:

scubydo wrote:

Well, 400. That’s a decent amount. I foresee some dlc events and such.

If they are gonna include the 500+ cut pokes as dlc I'd rather they had just delayed the game to include them on disk rather than have use loads of memory space taken up with updates.

Oh I agree. We all know how they like the “events” Throughout a games life span to add more Pokémon.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Anti-Matter

I don't really care with the HUNDRED numbers of Pokemons.
Just give me some cool looking Pokemons such Sawk, Lucario, Empoleon, Lugia, Xerneas, etc and i will content.
But apparently Sawk and Lucario are already included in Pokemon Sword / Shield, so Yay... !

Anti-Matter

Harmonie

@darkswabber It's nice that despite the horrible way they've advertised the game, in the end it's not dominated by Gen I Pokemon. Although (and please don't spoil any of this for me) that sadly doesn't account for Galarian forms, Gigantamax forms, or the number of Gen I Pokemon featured in prominent positions (like the champion's featured Pokemon being Charizard sigh).

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Ralizah

Event Pokemon are terrible. Especially in games where the point is to find and catch the things in the first place.

I'm cool with content updates adding more stuff to the game (not paid packs containing additional Pokemon, obviously), though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Seacliff

I thought they already confirmed they wouldn't be adding Pokemon post-launch...

Seacliff

Justifier

I really hoped that Sword/Shield pokedex would have included 600 mons at least.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Grumblevolcano

@Seacliff They did. I'd guess the 2020 game has mostly Pokemon not in Sword/Shield, the 2021 has mostly Pokemon not in the 2020 game, etc.

So like if the 2020 game was Gen 2 remakes in the style of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, 65% of the Pokemon in those games would be ones not in Sword/Shield.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Seacliff

@Grumblevolcano All I'll just say about this is that it will be pretty disappointing if the Diamon/Pearl remakes lack Pokemon that were usable in the original game, let alone featuring less of them altogether.

Seacliff

DarkRula

Just because a 'mon has featured in this game doesn't discount it from appearing again. Besides, how can you have a remake of a previous generation and not feature all of its original additions?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@Seacliff That's not what I was saying, remakes would still have all the Pokemon catchable in the original games. It was about likelihood of certain game order (e.g. maybe Gen 2 Let's Go is more likely than normal Gen 4 remakes if there's less Pokemon from Sword/Shield in it). Anyway my calculations for the example were wrong, I never tried completing the Pokedex in GSC but it seems there are some Pokemon from RBY you can't get in GSC without trading.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

I'd rather have or keep the greatest hits of Pokémon rather than rotating in and out filler pokes like Purrloin and Stunfisk.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Seacliff

@DarkRula
https://pm1.narvii.com/6575/00a6f3abb6b25767e0a1d350a76b4a9ad...
But even if we dismiss that as "well that's an Emerald thing, this is a RS remake", I'm still skeptical.

Diamond/Pearl had nearly 100 more Pokemon than what's going to be featured in Sword/Shield. Not to mention a dozen or so more tied to evolutions (Sylveon, as well as the new evolutions featured in Sword/Shield) would be expected here.

So already this minimum expectation for a remake is more than what they will put into a new game.

And even if they managed to get that much, some people still wouldn't be interested because that would mean anything after that wouldn't be featured. HHSS and ORAS did a lot of clever things to have newer Pokemon in the region (Arceus event, all the islands in ORAS, ect.) and would be missing here.

I really think it's a lose-lose for Gamefreak if they made a DP remake. It might be better to put that under the rug and re-remake Gold/Silver.

Seacliff

link3710

Seriously? Less returning Pokemon than Gen IV? Ugh. Here I was hoping they'd keep the number around 400-500 returning moving forwards. And yeah, sounds like Gen IV will never get remade, it'd require too many Pokemon. Same with Gen V, VI and VII, those four gens are dead moving forwards.

link3710

Seacliff

Snaplocket wrote:

Right now, I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel III for the PS4. Which managed to top Dragon Quest XI as the best turn-based JRPG of the current generation. Seriously guys, go buy this game it's amazing.

Waiting for Christmas because I bought too much this month, but from what I know Cold Steel III is solid. They made a lot of good choices for improving combat.

Really can't wait to play it myself.

But to make this post related to Pokemon... umm... The grass looks better in CS3 than in Pokemon SS. Game Freak should totally take some tips from Falcom.

Edited on by Seacliff

Seacliff

Gravitron

I try not to use old Pokemon during first plays. I'll probably transfer whatever legendaries I have just to have them on Switch provided they are real. I dont assume my Shiny Victini that I got from a wondertrade is real.

Gravitron

Heavyarms55

@Justifier I thought it was leaked that in the post game the Pokedex does go up to over 600. Did that turn out to be false?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Majormatt28

hi I don't know how to blackout my writing to respond back to you Heavyarms.

Edited on by Majormatt28

Majormatt28

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic