Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 3,072

-Green-

Almost of the people I’ve talked to expected it to happen eventually. They just don’t think the trade-off was worth it. Mostly complaining how they think the games are ‘kind of ugly’ and the Pokémon are ‘stiff’

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

Of course. But that’s not really what I was talking about. I was mentioning about how most of them felt that the Pokémon games were still stiff and looked lifeless. One of streamers that I regularly watch said that while it looked good in some aspects it still felt like a 3DS game in how things were in motion. Which I think is fair

Suicune

Tsurii wrote:

@-Green- we're past 1000 unique pokemon designs now. Wh oin their right mind even wants that many in one game? I was already getting tired of collecting all Pokémon in a given game by Gen 6 and we're likely anywhere between 200 and 300 new Pokémon beyond that.

Because people like to play with their favourites. It doesn't stress me out that much because I like to use Pokémon I have never used before, but I do understand. If it would've ment new 3D models with more character, I doubt so many people would've complained though.

I do feel like they need to come out with a big trailer sooner rather than later. These bits and pieces are cute but I need something to get me pumped. Show me some story, starter evolutions, ...

So far I think I'll love Galar. I haven't really connected with a region much since BW2, so I'm very hopeful.

Edited on by Suicune

Suicune

Octane

Tsurii wrote:

The people who expected them to never cut down on the number of Pokémon in the games going forward are all morons. No ifs or buts about it.

Anyone should've expected it. But the ''high quality animations'' excuse is just terrible. They still look as lifeless as they did before. Wel, surprise, they're the same models with the same animations from XY, so yeah...

Octane

Anti-Matter

I will buy Pokemon Sword, whatever its quality as long the game is not broken and still decent enough for me.

Anti-Matter

EOTW

I feel like Gamefreak is a mediocre developer thats just been riding the wave pokemon created for far too long. I mean honestly, how many good games have come from them that aren't pokemon? Even Town looks pretty boring. I like the art style, but we know next to nothing about gameplay and it just feels "meh".
I'm still going to play Sw/Sh because the games still look fun to me, but I would be really excited if we got to see a main series pokemon game created by someone other than Gamefreak.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

DarkRula

I've already made the case for Genius Sonority getting a chance at an actual main series game, considering the GCN games were pretty close to the main series. If a new developer got a chance to make a main series game, I'd be down for that too. It'd be interesting to see what changes a fresh team could bring to the series.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Tyranexx

EOTW wrote:

I mean honestly, how many good games have come from them that aren't pokemon?

Drill Dozer and HarmoKnight say hello.

I do agree that perhaps they don't quite have the development size to pull off something truly groundbreaking. We'll see I suppose. I do like a lot of what I've seen of Sword & Shield and will be getting it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

XBontendo

EOTW wrote:

I would be really excited if we got to see a main series pokemon game created by someone other than Gamefreak.

I agree, I grew up with these games and I feel like they're afraid to give the games a chance to grow up with us. Not that I want them rated more mature or anything, but a story that an adult can appreciate as well as a child, difficulty options for the main story, visuals on par with Zelda. It feels like they keep recreating it for a new generation of kids, and if someone else took the reigns, maybe they'd be willing to recreate it for that 1st generation of kids that gave Pokemon a chance.

XBox/Steam/Epic: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.
Playstations are fine, but I don't have one.

Heavyarms55

These games look like a load of fun to me. All the negativity does annoy me - but doesn't discourage me. I can think for myself.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket I think it's probably just that it's constant. Like we get it, some people feel it's bad, animation not good, uninspiring etc. But not only the company isn't reading this, the only one reading is just people that can't change the Pokemon anyway.

On some point it has become "yeah if you dislike it so much can you at least either stop focusing so much on pokemon or stop making people that enjoys it as if they were being really bad because they feel they'll enjoy this newest iteration"

Like this isn't just in this forum but nearly everywhere, can't even say you like pokemon without one going "ehhhh it sucks stop supporting it"

darkfenrir

toiletduck

@darkfenrir it's exactly this. It's usually fun to discuss an upcoming game you're anticipating. In this case though, it's NSO launch all over again. The same criticism over and over again and it seems like every positive note leads to a new bashing of either the lack of Pokemon or the mediocre graphics, even if the criticism starts constructive. It gets old. But of course, everyone in his own right... It's just not a lot of fun to engage in such discussions.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

-Green-

Generally I do a good balance of critic and praise for the things that I take an interest in. I probably critique Pokémon a bit too much but I try to be fair about it.

Tbh, there’s also not much to talk about in Pokémon’s case rn. They’ve been pretty tight lipped so far

DarkRula

Well, I guess there's something to talk about.

What exotic and weird curries will we be able to make, and is one of them going to be curried fish and chips?

DarkRula

Octane

@DarkRula What's left of Genius Sonority at this point? Honest question, because I can't think of anything they did after the GameCube games. Maybe PBR? But that was pretty disappointing as well.

@Snaplocket I think in part it has to do with the fact that Pokemon isn't solely owned by Nintendo, so they're not the ones in charge making all the decisions. On top of that. Apparently it still works. The games still sell plenty. They're fairly low budget games, and are guaranteed to sell millions. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Octane

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket I wasn't even meaning it's you, just that it's a constant ribbing about it. Like I told off one of my friend that I didn't want to discuss about the pokemon with them since it's going about negative and I had spent the last few days having to constantly see and hear about how this new Pokemon is bad and sucks.

So it's less like you as bad guy, and more as, people are tired to constantly see negative discussion about it. (And the only forum I went on is this site, I stick to Discord of my own communities)

darkfenrir

EOTW

Octane wrote:

The games still sell plenty. They're fairly low budget games, and are guaranteed to sell millions. Why fix something that isn't broken?

I think this is the biggest issue for pokemon. Sure, it works right now, but if the games never adapt they are guaranteed to eventually fail. Then again, this is pokemon. Really should have failed a long time ago if it was going to.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

DarkRula

@Octane After Gale of Darkness, Genius Sonority did indeed develop Battle Revolution. However, in terms of Pokémon, they also developed the two Trozei! [or Link!] games, along with Shuffle and Typing Adventure. Their best known non-Pokémon games would be the Denpa Men series.

They are only currently 22 employees strong as of June this year, so how feasible it would be for them to develop a new game on par with Colosseum/Gale of Darkness I don't know. I guess it could be possible, but I doubt it'd be possible to get something truly great within a year as Game Freak currently have to do.

DarkRula

Octane

@Snaplocket It's not exactly first party. It is partially owned by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company; and the latter is owned by Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures. While Nintendo may own more than 50% of the franchise depending on their shares in the other companies; the Pokémon franchise has proven to be its own thing on many occasions. It's complicated.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic