Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 3,072

farrow000

What do you think? I think it looks better than I thought it was going to be.

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Anti-Matter

@farrow000
His weapon looks like Bambu Runcing / Bamboo Spear from Indonesia. 😉

Anti-Matter

jxckandrew

Man I’m so hyped for these games

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3863-7907-6097

Feel free to add me :D

link3710

I'm kind of sad it's not a kendo Pokemon after all, though I suppose a knight pokemon makes far more sense. Farfetch'd getting an evolution is... weird, considering it's whole point of existing is as a gag Pokemon, but hey whatever. I was hoping for more 3rd-6th gen evolutions if we were going to get old Pokemon evolved, but this certainly isn't a bad one at least designwise.

Re: negativity, that's why I basically never post in this thread. I love Sirfetch'd, Corviknight, Gossifleur's line, Dreadnaw, Rolycoly, Galarian Zigzagoon - Obstagoon, and the only designs I specifically don't like are the starters and Impidimp. But other than that, the general idea of a tournament and the general idea of the Wild Area, there's just... nothing positive for me to talk about. And it's not like I expect the games to be awful, but they just aren't giving us anything to work with when it comes to being positive. Most of the news so far has focused on... well... things that don't matter to put it lightly. So if I don't want to be negative, there's really nothing to say.

link3710

XBontendo

So... on the case for the Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield Double Pack there's a yellow sticker that says: "INCLUDES download codes for Dynamax Crystals"

...Is Pokemon going to have microtransactions going forward? If so, I'm going to cancel my preorder, there is no reason for this to be an industry standard. If you're going to pay $60 for a "full" game, there's no reason to start shoving FTP elements into it. I'm already avoiding EA until they fix this nonsense, it'll be a real bummer if GameFreak is getting ready to follow suit.

Edit: Sincere apologies if my response seems excessive. It's nothing against Gamefreak exactly, just microtransactions in general. If $60 isn't enough to cover costs then charge more for the base game. It feels dirty to add FTP elements. It felt dirty in Bravely Default. It felt dirty in Battlefield 2. I won't support it anymore regardless of who does it.

Edited on by XBontendo

XBox/Steam/Epic: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.
Playstations are fine, but I don't have one.

Eel

@XBontendo those dynamax crystals activate dynamax encounters in the wild area. As in, you use it and you encounter that particular Pokémon on a giant wild battle.

They have made no mention of intending to sell them separately, and so far it’s just those two Pokémon from the double pack, which you can also encounter normally in-game (although they’re version exclusives, the crystals let you encounter them in the opposite version).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@link3710 Well, it's a Galar exclusive, so they can always forget about it next gen if they don't want it anymore.

@XBontendo Do you have an image? Maybe it's just a download code for items, I think they've done that in the past...

Octane

XBontendo

@StableInvadeel right, but can you get them by just playing the game normally, or is this a scenario like Battlefied 2 or Injustice 2 where you "can" get them in game but it'll take you eons?

XBox/Steam/Epic: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

XBontendo

@StableInvadeel I think I follow you, but I don't believe the question has been addressed. Can you get dynamax crystals by playing the game normally. Not trying to be difficult, but I do think I may just be daft or am missing something

Edit: nevermind, I see your response. Thanks

Edited on by XBontendo

link3710

@DarthNocturnal About time someone recognizes how great Sandshrew is. Easily one of my top 5 Pokemon. For as many of my favorites who I figured would be cut but haven't been (Joltik, Gigalith, Bronzong, Heliolisk and Lanturn stick out), it's gotta have pretty good chances at showing up.

link3710

link3710

@XBontendo We might not know how to get crystals, but considering they did this in Gen VI with Blaziken's Mega Stone and with a Z-Crystal in Gen VII, it's fairly safe to assume this means that you can get the items in game as before.

link3710

XBontendo

@link3710 Thanks for the hope, friend

Eel

If you think they’ll let you transfer any Pokémon from Pokémon let’s go, then you have all the Alolan forms you need right there. And in Pokémon Go as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Well, [turns to camera and holds phone next to his face] what better excuse to install Pokémon Go and start playing right now, for free in your own smartphone!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SusieHaltmann

As much as I love Sirfetch'd, I am disappointed it's a Sword exclusive, with me having Shield pre-ordered. Surely they must have something else like this up their sleeve for Shield....

SusieHaltmann

Eel

Well that is easily solved I don’t even need to go into ad mode.

You have a tablet, which is literally just a smartphone without the phone, so I don’t think you have anything against the technology itself. So I’d recommend investing in one someday. Not necessarily for one game mind you, they’re just useful to have around.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic