Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,097

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 You shouldn't expect every pokemon given that the national dex cut is a thing. It's better just to assume that we're only getting the pokemon up to the Sinnoh dex, due to the underground's rework, and that's it. No new pokemon that come after gen 4.

Pokemon fans really don't understand the concept of other monster collectors cutting their rosters down every game, do they?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

I do hope they surprise us and maybe include at least Sylveon.

Perhaps even the regional variants and evolutions from Alola and Galar.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Pokester99 wrote:

@thiz Why you WOULDNT expect all Pokemon in there is beyond me. You know every remake before BDSP had all the Pokemon released at the time right?

...Yeah I was going to point this out...even HeartGold and SoulSilver had more than the first two generation of Pokemon. There's no reason for to them to exclude the newer Pokemon in this remake.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

I mean, except the precedent set by all the Pokémon games released on the Switch so far?

The only modern “game” we currently have that has all the Pokémon in it, is Home.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

I don't feel like we're getting any of the newer species in BDSP, given that they've made this clear that it'll be a faithful remake with qol improvements, and very few changes beyond that. Not to mention, they stopped putting all the pokemon in the games after Sword and Shield.

VoidofLight

@DomGC Honestly agreed.I hated Sun and Moon, but it was mostly just due to the gameplay, and how the world was. Sword and Shield were alright in my eyes, but there were some aspects I really didn't enjoy about them. Maybe I'm just numbed from the cut of pokemon species, since I never had the privilege of having pokemon bank and transferring them to future games, and never really felt the sting of my favorite pokemon not being in the game I played, since I couldn't get it into the game in the first place.

In my eyes, the national dex stuff really isn't warranted, and doesn't really show much of an issue with the games. Criticizing Gamefreak for not including all of the pokemon is just outright stupid, given that the other monster collector games always cut their rosters down each game. If anything, it's impressive that they managed to let you trade them into future games, without shutting it down sooner than they did, given that they're fast approaching 1,000 unique species of pokemon.

I know part of the National Dex stuff was mainly criticizing Gamefreak on promises that they "didn't keep", like the better animation and model quality, but they pretty much kept that promise.. they just weren't referring to Sword and Shield when saying that.

I'm just tired of people acting like it's the end of the world, and that the series sucks just because their favorite pokemon didn't get into the game. I wouldn't be half as bothered if they had legitimate criticism, like how the routes now feel either too short or linear, or how the story in Sword and Shield made no sense in the climax of the thing.

Eel

Sword and Shield seemed to try to shield the child protagonist from the dangers of the story, until it couldn’t.

Which is kinda how things would go in a more realistic world I suppose. But it did remove agency from us, the players.

Like, on the other games, you just go and beat the bad guys because why not. In SwSh there’s adults present to remind you you’re a 10 year old with a mission.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel Yeah. It just kinda felt like "Hey, why don't we take the main character and keep them out of the actual plot of the game!". Didn't help that you have virtually no reason to storm Rose's tower.

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal Home is mostly for people to be able to use pokemon in the game they're supported in, and hold the rest until a game that those are supported in releases. It's why it's called "Pokemon Home" rather than "Pokemon Bank", as it's supposed to house the pokemon you caught that can't be transferred to the other games.

Also, gen 3 isn't the only time they hit the reset button, as they also did so with Black and White, where the original two games only had New Pokemon, with a handful of old ones being in the post game.

Pizzamorg

I guess the one benefit of being a returning player coming back to these games after like a decade away is that I'll have no prejudged notions about the quantity of Pokemon I feel I should get, what Pokemon I feel deserve to be included over others etc It is all either going to be brand new for me or me recognising a Pokemon maybe and going "that is cool".

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Tyranexx

I don't see why the new Underground mechanics won't include more Fire type options. Too, it's very possible that BDSP will at least contain the fire types added in the Platinum Dex, such as Houndour/Houndoom and Magby & Co. No offense to any Chimchar fans, but I dislike the designs of its line and have always refused to use one on my main team. I always used any alternatives, which in my Pokemon Diamond run was pretty much limited to Ponyta/Rapidash.

Eel wrote:

when someone promises me a free dinner, I search for them until I get my free dinner

Duly noted.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

The underground should be accesible fairly early on, like in the originals, and unless they prevent you from going into the dens for some random reason, you should be able to start catching Pokémon immediately.

Doubt there will be any legendaries down there though…

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

Any confirmation about which generation on Pokemon BDSP ?
Will it have until Gen 6 Pokemons ?
I want Sawk from Gen 5.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

I would not count on it having much outside of generations 1-4. If anything at all.

But in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire you can have 720 Pokemon if I am not mistaken? And those were remakes of the 3rd generation.

Eel

Released at a point in time where the norm was having all the Pokémon present in the code.

That time ended when the Switch started getting the games.

Bloop.

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

Released at a point in time where the norm was having all the Pokémon present in the code.

That time ended when the Switch started getting the games.

I guess with the "new" engines they do not want to do the extra work Which is sad to be honest because it comes out as lazy

PS: Please consider tagging me or quoting me so I get a notification if you decide to answer me in our discussions If you don't mind ofc!

Pizzamorg

Lazy in what way, exactly? From my memory, Pokemon has a fairly simple battle system but I assume that it is a ***** load of work to implement 700 plus Pokemon, especially as this isn't being made in house but rather by ILCA who appear to have mostly just made mobile games in the past?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you are wrong necessarily but I think the whole complex value proposition of this title is wider than whether we have 4 plus hundred 'Mons versus 7 plus hundred.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic