Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,142

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Tyrogue looked better in blue outfits.
Too bad, Hitmonchan doesn't looked very masculine boxer Pokemon.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Fizza

@Anti-Matter The dude's shiny looks he just got off the set of a Nickelodeon game show.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: Pokemon Legends Arceus/Shield
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Splatoon 2
Balloon Fight/Donkey Kong Country
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 85

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
He wears a skirt .. 😖
I think the Boxing Fakemon from Google image looks better.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

Just a PSA about the Shaymin event:

• Route 224 is found via another exit in Victory Road.
  • Shaymin itself is level 30. You may want False Swipe.
  • Remember to put Shaymin in your party, head to Floaroma Town, and speak with the woman just outside of the Pokemon Center to the north-west. She'll give you Gracidea, which let's Shaymin access it's Sky Forme.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal Can it be shiny?

Splatoon 2

Fizza

A few questions regarding the Shaymin event:
1. If I get Oak's Letter, can I visit Shaymin at any time, even after the event is over?
2. Is there a method to shiny hunt it?
3. If the method is to soft reset, where should I do it so as to not mess everything up?

Splatoon 2

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

Oak's Letter is a key item that grants access to Flower Paradise whenever you're ready. The only time limit is for the letter's distribution. Once you have it, you're good to go.

Apparently some, er, "resourceful" players could go catch Shaymin near the game's launch, and were able to obtain it as a shiny. Whether that's changed following any updates, I can't seem to find out.

The fight begins when you talk to Shaymin. No cutscenes triggered by crossing an invisible line or whatnot. So saving right in front of it should be fine (unless there's something I'm unaware of).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Fizza

@X-Slayer After what that blue rat of a mon put me through, yes.

Splatoon 2

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal I was just watching a video there and it seems as if you can just run away after encountering it, walk backwards to change the area and then come back and it'll respawn. The only question I have then is, say I do about 500 encounters and I have to go do something else, if I save in front of Shaymin, will that mess everything up? I don't want to have to do this in one sitting cause that's EXHAUSTING.

Splatoon 2

Eel

I might go a hunt for a shiny shaymin myself.

Apparently in the originals it was possible to run away and restart the battle quickly. Hopefully it’s still the same here.

Edit: ah so it’s still posible! That would make it a lot better than waiting for the game to load over and over.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@AegisPrime You only have to look towards it's reveal stream to find out: they said (and reiterated several times after the fact) that the games were faithful remakes of Diamond and Pearl, not Platinum.

It's annoying but hey what can you do.

Splatoon 2

VoidofLight

@AegisPrime None of the remakes for pokemon ever have third version mechanics or story beats generally. ORAS did have the delta episode, but for the most part, most of the features from Emerald were cut. The game did introduce new features to offset that though. With BDSP, they revealed them as "Faithful" remakes to Diamond and Pearl. They were just supposed to be 3D versions of the originals, with the same plot, and a few new features, but mostly the same. Legends was supposed to be like ORAS, where it adds tons of new features, and tons of new things to Sinnoh, but set in the past.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Anti-Matter

@AegisPrime
Here is the thing. I don't really mind with Pokemon storyline as I played the games very casually. I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon franchise but I still like to follow the game with my own pace. Some peoples just get frustrated with Pokemon games when they are already devoted with the games.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Fizza

@AegisPrime Did you play/enjoy Legends Arceus by chance?

Splatoon 2

VoidofLight

There'll probably never be a platinum re-release. Just getting a pre-owned copy, or getting it through other means are the only ways to really get ahold of the game now.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

Fizza

@AegisPrime Cynthia (and by extension Volo and Cogita) is so good. Great character, awesomely mysterious design, banging musical themes and probably the only Champion known for their brutal difficulty (I love what they did with her in BDSP where her Champion team is competitive, with mons like Nasty Plot Lucario, Yache Berry Swords Dance Garchomp and especially Flame Orb Marvel Scale Milotic. That **** is evil and I LOVE IT).

Edited on by Fizza

Splatoon 2

Fizza

Quick question to everyone here: I live in Ireland and have been using a Ditto from Germany to Masuda hunt eggs. Does a German Ditto count as a foreign Ditto if I live in Ireland? I've always just assumed so since it has the mark saying that it's German which I thought was just the mark of a foreign mon. But after going over 600 eggs with it and the Shiny Charm, I'm starting to have doubts.

Splatoon 2

Silly_G

@Fizza : For the Masuda Method to work, you need two Pokémon with different languages of origin, so, yes, assuming that you're breeding English Pokémon with a German Ditto, it's technically working. The country of origin is irrelevant.

Luck of the draw, I guess. Fancy saying that to an Irishman.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Fizza

@Silly_G Irish people known for being lucky is the equivalent of Canadian people known for being nice: we've been given the best stereotype imaginable.

Regardless, thanks for your help. It's actually in SwSh where I'm doing this (oh golden Shelmet when will you shine), I just thought it would be handier here just in case I ever get a foreign one in BDSP once I complete the dex.

Edited on by Fizza

Splatoon 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic