Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,097

Eel

I think you can indeed catch at all Pokémon up to Arceus (except Manaphy, Phione, Celebi and Deoxys, which don’t count anyway) within these two games alone.

So the shiny charm is obtainable... I don’t know if they ever fixed it though, I remember hearing it now only works on Pokémon hatched from eggs, or something to that effect.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarkL1987

Managed to get Feebas in a Wonder Trade a few days ago. With how hard it is to get that particular Pokemon by normal means, I'm not getting rid of it.

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

Fizza

I just got 4 Shiny Cacnea in a radar chain!
Untitled
I've been on a small quest lately on quite possibly one of the best routes for radar chaining: Route 228. The amount of good targets here is insane. You can get Dugtrio, Flygon, Metagross (from a swarm) and, of course, Cacturne. After trying multiple times to get Diglett and failing every single time (one on a 38 chain at that!), I switched over to Cacnea since it was exclusive to BDSP and it's shiny looked lovely (it's such a good shade of reddish brown). After about 9 broken chains over the last 3 days, I finally got one to shine on 29! I caught it and, when the chain continued, I decided to get as many as possible. I ended up getting 3 more after that, leaving me with a quartet of cacti. The nicknames are what makes me really love them though: Lucas, Duster (now a Cacturne), Claus and Hinawa. I imagine you probably know where those came from

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

I may or may not be yelling into the void but I'd like to ask this just in case: does anyone here have a spare foreign Ditto they'd be willing to part with? I've been wanting to get the Johto starters as shiny and my only viable option for that would be Masuda methoding (Underground is fine but too inconsistent for my liking). I have many Feebas Breedjects from my current hunt and also have 2 foreign Gible if anyone would like one. Let me know if you're interested!

EDIT: Literally as I was about to post this, I managed to get my shiny Feebas in only 75 eggs! (less than a day after getting my 4 Cacnea no less!)
Untitled
The main reason I hunted for it in BDSP rather than SwSh is because it's the only game where you don't have to trade in order to evolve it into Milotic, which is what I plan on doing in a little bit! Such a great shiny honestly.

Edited on by Fizza

Sisilly_G

Four months to add the GTS/GWS to the game, and it’s Wonder Trade only.

And they want us to pay for this?!

Man, this game sucks.

I’m in the process of trying to complete my dex in both games, but boy have they tried to somehow make this game worse than the originals (improved health meters aside).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Screen

Would anyone be down for some online battles in the coming days, we can set up a time, but the next 5 hours are free.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

Ryu_Niiyama

This game is very cute in person.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sisilly_G

Wowie. I'm really tempted to hunt for a shiny Shaymin, and with two consoles and both versions of the game complete (shy of the mythicals), I'm hoping that this will make the ordeal a little less tedious.

But I also detest the practice of soft-resetting for shinies. I've never done it before, and I think it's a colossal waste of time, but shiny Shaymin is just too pretty. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrghh... I'm so torn. I'm so reluctant to merely catch them knowing that I have the opportunity to grind for shinies.

EDIT: And I've learned that you don't need to SR for Shaymin, which may just embolden me to give it a go.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Eel

Yeah shaymin is an “easy” hunt. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to shiny hunt a legendary Pokémon at least once in their lives.

As un update for my own shiny hunt, Arceus has been reached. Will do a few test runs before I commit though… Wanna make sure I can catch it with my current team.

I don’t want to resort to using the mater ball on it. Though of course if it decides to be like Kyurem and be shiny on the test run, I’ll gladly do it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

I think a really exciting prospect about HOME support coming to BDSP (and Legends Arceus) is that ANY Pokemon that gets confirmed for Scarlet/Violet can be brought up from these games into them. Meaning that it doesn't matter if you get duplicate shinies (like you would with Radar Hunting) since you get could just keep one of them in HOME, and bring the rest into SV. For example, I was kind of wishiwashi (heh) on whether I wanted to go for a shiny Hoppip through Radar. However, now that they've been confirmed for SV, I absolutely want to get one before the games come out, for when HOME inevitably comes out. It makes seeing old Pokemon get confirmed even more exciting.

Fizza

Currently on a 30 chain for Spinda and the anxiety is killing me.

Fizza

Fizza wrote:

Currently on a 30 chain for Spinda and the anxiety is killing me.

Literally as I say it, it ******** BREAKS. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

XandertheWise

I bought Pokemon Brilliant Diamond from the local Walmart store earlier today. Was mostly trying to find Shining Pearl but they were all out of copies of Shining Pearl so I pretty much ended up getting Diamond which was fine by me.

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

ive been playing Brilliant Diamond up to earlier tonight to get the 4th badge. I finally got Surf and Defog but Ive noticed that the game makers must have changed things around for the Brilliant Diamond/Pearl games were they have you use the stupid Poketch thingy to use an HM move like Defog which took me an hour to finally figure it out.

Why the hell did they do that by changing the gameplay like that?

I used to have Pokemon Platinum years ago for my DSi and i never had problems like that.

the newer Poketch is annoying

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

Anyone ever bother trying to catch a feebas at pretty much the end of the game where all you have left to do is the Elite Four?

i finally caught a garchomp a male and female by backtracking to Mt Coronet.

Feebas while it is sort of cooler than a magikarp, a feebas is really a pain in the butt to try to find in the water due to some stupid game mechanic random thingy in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

Is it even worth wasting hours just to find a frikkin feebas?

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic