Forums

Topic: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,097

Eel

The hunt is over!

I’m pretty sure it was under 1000 encounters, probably even under 500, so that was a quick and easy hunt!

Catching it was annoying though, the little pest kept healing and constantly woke up after one turn every time, so I resorted to throwing premier balls until it stayed in one.

This is my third shiny in Shining Pearl. I wish the other mythical/legendaries could be re-battled after running away… I would hunt more of them if it didn’t involve waiting for the game to load…

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel Wait, you just have to run away to shiny hunt?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

@Snatcher with this particular Pokémon, yes, you can run away, walk out of the flower paradise, re-enter it, and shaymin will be there waiting for you again.

It’s a lot faster than closing and reopening the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Fizza

I'm terrified to hunt Shaymin honestly. I absolutely want to, don't get me wrong (because who doesn't want a shiny Mythical?). However, the thought of being stuck in the Flower Paradise for either 3 days or 3 months terrifies me.

If you leave Flower Paradise fully after enountering (not catching) Shaymin, does Shaymin go away or can you come back to it at a later point?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

@Fizza you can leave and it’ll will still be there waiting for you.

Going back to the paradise is a bit of a pain though, because you need to go through the victory road again every time.

Bloop.

Fizza

@Eel I remember going back through Victory Road for the first time after beating the game and entering the new area in the post game. I saw Marley there for the first time and, not wanting to do her sidequest yet, I abandoned her immediately to get a better team for the job. When I came back, the line that I was met with will haunt me forever:
'You took too long... Please don't make me wait.... I felt a little forlorn waiting....'
Not a single companion prior to this had ever said that kind of dialogue to me so to say I was surprised by the soft diss would be an understatement.

Eel

Hahaha don’t worry about it, she’s just theatrical like that.

She’s also somehow carrying a one single Arcanine that rarely, if ever, attacks the opponent Pokémon with moves that deal damage. So she definitely needed help to get through though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Might as well shiny hunt it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

@Snatcher yeah I figured, since I can always get more regular shaymin in Legends Arceus any time, I might as well use this limited time distribution to hunt for a shiny one!

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Limited? Man I have to catch it then! Or is it just limited to oaks letter?

Eel

@Snatcher it's tied to the item Oak's Letter, which is given via Mystery Gift.

So it's inevitable that the event will become completely unavailable (via official means) eventually... Once they stop distributing the item. Like in the original DS games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Oh ok, thanks.

Fizza

@Eel I'm sorry to annoy you again but the article NLife posted has got me absolutely baffled: do I have to catch Shaymin before the event ends on March 27th or can I save it for another day after the event is over? I have Oak's Letter in my game so that isn't an issue.

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal THANK. GOD.

The wording on this event is the most convoluted way of explaining something I have ever seen. I just want my cyan hedgehog.

Eel

Yeah the limited time aspect is the distribution of the letter. As long as your file has it, you'll have access to the event.

Bloop.

Fizza

The fact that a Pokemon health bar going down only beat the START UP LOADING SCREEN by 10 seconds is absolutely hilarious. The DS couldn't handle the absolute UNIT that is Blissey it seems.

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal I don't like how, if the wild Pokemon has an ability that activates immediately (like Intimidate), the ability box still pops up even if you have animations off. It's very annoying to start radar chains in a place like Trophy Garden (where there's so many Staravia with the ability) because of it.

Fizza

Hey everyone,
Due to the new events coming to BDSP, I've been playing a lot more than I have previously and it's made me get extremely into shiny hunting. Specifically through Pokeradar, I've gotten Kricketot, Tyrogue and Zizagoon so far and it's been a great time all around. However, there's something I haven't been able to do yet which I would love to do personally: masuda method. Unfortunately, I don't have a foreign Ditto so this is where I ask you for help: could anyone trade me a Ditto from a non-English language game? If possible, it would be a massive help for later down the line for mons exclusive to BDSP like Taillow, Girafarig, Numel and many more. Thanks for reading and reply if you're interested!

Sisilly_G

If they would bloody update Home so that we can transfer other mons over, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Shockingly enough, I scored a shiny Cyndaquil from an egg without it (or a shiny charm for that matter, which I am not sure can even be obtained legitimately yet).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic