Forums

Topic: Persona 3/4/5 for Nintendo Switch

Posts 81 to 100 of 141

JaxonH

Audio is fine on my end.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

My pre-order still hasn't come so I can either wait a week to say I have not received it to get a replacement/refund or just buy another one now and return the other one if does still come, alternatively I could just see it as a sign to play Mario + Rabbids 2 instead.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@jump
I'd order from Amazon and get it next day, then return the one that comes later to Amazon.

Then again, Mario Rabbids is seriously good. Ever since sampling it I haven't been able to put it down to go back to Persona.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jedgamesguy

Buizel wrote:

@JaxonH I believe strictly all you need to do is get the Councillor confidant to Rank 9 by 17th November to unlock the third semester.
That said, I think Faith and Justice confidants also play crucial roles in getting the "True" ending. So I would focus on maxing those out at every opportunity as well. IIRC, progression in these is limited by the story somewhat (particularly Faith), so definitely snag them when you get the opportunity.

I think you have to max it out, so Rank 10. Best to pay attention to the Councillor confidant throughout the game, but they'll give you plenty of opportunities and reminders to raise their rank from very early on in the game. I was still on Rank 2 or 3 by the time October rolled around but raising this confidant is pretty easy so you don't need to worry about chunking them together.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

JaxonH

Some good tips in this video

crashcontrol

@TheJGG The Councillor confidant only needs you to get to rank 9 because 10 is automatic in the story scene on November 18th, For the Faith confidant you need to get it rank 5 before December 18th and for Justice you only need rank 8 before 18th of November because the last 2 are automatic as well.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Joeynator3000

Welp, I decided to try out this series for the first time with 5 (I blame Smash, lol). So far I'm liking it, just fought the first major boss.

This game does remind me, in a way, of Inception. Just thought that was interesting. I also didn't think the story would go in the dark route, and with the very first part (...chapter?...whatever, you know what I mean, lol) too.

Makes me wonder which person I'll be dealing with next, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Having this game on Switch is so awesome I just can't get over it.

Takes me back to some good (and some not so good) memories.

Persona 4 Golden on Vita was peak handheld gaming. I wanted Persona 5 on handheld for so long. And now, not only do we have that, we have it on a superior OLED handheld that triples as a console and portable tabletop console.

I remember when I first started Persona 5 on PS4, I tried remote play to continue the game at work on Vita. It was such a horrible, laggy, low res experience I threw my Vita into my desk droor in frustration and scratched my screen. Had to buy a completely new unit to replace it. That was the last time I played Persona 5.

Fast forward years later, and here I am playing it natively on Switch OLED. The Royal version.

kennykenny

I'm loving this playthrough of Persona 5 Royal so much. While I've already played and finished Vanilla P5 and while I think I might have had a very big Royal plot point spoiled, this game is still so rich and engrossing. In so many ways I feel like I'm playing it completely for the first time.

This will likely be my last playthrough (at least, for a long time) so I am using some easy some tools I learned from Reddit to max out all my confidants in one playthrough. Nothing so comprehensive that it's slowing down my play or making the game a chore at all. It's all sweet and breezy. This game is a joy to play.

kennykenny

Joeynator3000

gets to the part where Morgana turns into a car

....Well that was random. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Magician

My order via snail mail from Amazon should be in my hands on Saturday.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GameOtaku

@Joeynator3000
It’s common for cats to become buses.

Ann asking “where in the world” just makes me want to bust out my best Rockapella imitation.

GameOtaku

Matt_Barber

I always saw it as nod to the Studio Ghibli catbus.

Japanese people grow up watching that stuff so they wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

Matt_Barber

Buizel

8 hours into playing P5R on Switch, after previously finishing the original and Royal on PS4, and...

Damn, it's a masterpiece.

Never, in my 25 years or so of gaming, have a felt so immersed in a world and its characters. The combat, the dungeons, the social links (confidants), the story, the environments...even the mundane day-to-day activities...everything just blends together so well in this game. And the music. If not for the Pokemon series, this would undoubtedly be my favourite game of all time.

Really curious if anyone is trying this out for the first time on Switch, and what their first impressions are.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

HarmanSmith

@Buizel I am playing P5R on Switch for the first time...although I played the vanilla version ages ago (a friend of mine lent me his game disc, so I never really finished). So, I bought the Swicth version and I am experiencing like if it were the first time...

Damn, it is great! Everything you said is true. This one is a masterpiece! I loved the combat, the characters, the art style, the music...everything is top notch.

I know is a looong game, but I think the time commitment is worth it.

HarmanSmith

JaxonH

@Buizel
Not my first time, but I only put in a very little amount of time into the base version years ago. Think I started the first palace and never even finished it.

And it was so long ago too, it feels like a new experience to me. Kind of.

I did play a lot of Persona 4 Golden, and platinumed the P4 Dancing game. And started playing Strikers. So I'm not really "new" to Persona.

alpacatears

I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal on Switch and loving it. The only downside I can think of is a small feature that was in the PS4 version that isn't in the Switch one.
When you're in Mementos on the PS4, you can rub the controller touchpad and it made your controller Purr like a cat. It was such a silly easter egg 😂

alpacatears

Buizel

@HarmanSmith Good to hear you're finding the will to play it again after finishing it. I know it can be tough picking up long games again after taking such a break! Out of curiosity, how far did you get in vanilla before?

@JaxonH Nice, I think I've seen you praise a bunch of games in the series before. How are you progressing this time round?

Personally I've just finished the first palace and I think I generally find this is the part of the game that gets me hooked. The story kicks up a notch with the stealing of the first treasure, and I really like how the social aspects begin to open up from then on.

@alpacatears Haha I forgot about that! I wonder what they could've done with the Switch's IR sensor instead

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

JaxonH

@Buizel
Ya, I loved Persona 4 Golden and Dancing on Vita. But never got into P5 because hybrid play kinda made tv-only less desirable.

I'm loving it, but was splitting time between this and Mario Rabbids, then Bayonetta 3 dropped and it's got my full attention atm. I am 100% coming back to Mario Rabbids and Persona 5 Royal (and Nier Automata 2nd and 3rd playthrough and finishing Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak), but with Fire Emblem Engage around the corner its not going to be easy. The games are pouring in faster than I can keep up.

Magician

Five hours in, just making my way through Castle of Lust.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic