Forums

Topic: Persona 3/4/5 for Nintendo Switch

Posts 61 to 80 of 141

kennykenny

Any word on cross save? I'd love to play the game on Xbox and Switch.

kennykenny

JaxonH

@kennykenny
Negative. Not even from PS4 to PS5.

Completely separate releases. Which is why I'm so glad it's on Switch, where it can be enjoyed as a console game and handheld game and portable console game in tabletop. All 3 bases covered.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kennykenny

@JaxonH
As far as I can tell, not from PS4 to PS5 has been confirmed, but I couldn't find anything about other consoles. But I'm assuming you're right.

kennykenny

JaxonH

@kennykenny
Ya they said no cross save, no cross buy, no discounts.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

crashcontrol

Not surprised to see P5R on Switch get 10s across the board considering both releases on PS4 got such high praise as well. Probably won't get it on Switch for now as a just recently played it on PS5 and I just started Strikers too. I'm definitely looking forward to playing P4G and P3P for the first time though!

Edited on by crashcontrol

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Matt_Barber

I'm not surprised at the review scores. It's a modern classic of the JRPG genre, the definitive example for many people even, and it wasn't likely to have any serious performance issues when ported to Switch.

The only real question is why it took them so long.

Matt_Barber

kkslider5552000

Matt_Barber wrote:

The only real question is why it took them so long.

I mean the only two normal explanations are:
Sony paid them to keep it exclusive for 5 years or
Some combination of uncertainty about its success elsewhere and porting resources and the weird deal (literally or otherwise) where Sony gets Persona and Nintendo gets SMT (so, relatively boring reasons)

Though I just thought of a highly unlikely but kinda funny theory that Atlus has been seeing where Sony's been heading in terms of Japanese gaming and realized exclusivity made no sense based on that alone. I doubt that's actually true, and Persona is big enough now that Sony would probably still care about it, but I do honestly wonder if some Japanese devs see the writing on the wall for Sony right now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
I think it's just the fact some Japanese developers feel extremely strong loyalty to PlayStation, because PS was dominant for so long in the console market when Nintendo was struggling to figure out a sustainable model.

That, and up until Switch there really hasn't been a viable alternative to PS for games like this. I suppose PC, but they have their own weird reasons for being apprehensive about that platform (piracy scares them, ppl recording footage and modding, etc).

Once Switch upended the table in 2017, it was only a matter of time before Sega forced the multiplatform ports of Persona. I was saying as much when Joker came to Smash. There's no way they didn't leverage that to ensure the game was coming to Switch. It just takes time is all.

Now that Switch has established a new, alternative market to PS where games can sell just as well if not more, and now that PC is becoming more normalized as a target platform, we're only going to see more and more games PS previously had a stranglehold on go multiplat.

Getting Nier Automata and Persona 5 Royal on Switch is massive. These were two of the absolute best games not on Switch. Now they are...

Grumblevolcano

@Matt_Barber Smash was probably the big factor which changed things, a similar thing happened with Final Fantasy where 3 years after Cloud was announced for Smash 3DS/Wii U the PS exclusive FF games were announced for Switch. Given the rules about Smash fighters, if Persona wasn't coming to Switch we would've gotten Demi-Fiend or Nahobino from the SMT franchise instead of Joker. I guess you could say a similar situation happened with Snake in Brawl too as Snake Eater was ported to 3DS in 2011.

Between Cloud, Joker, Hero, Banjo and Sora getting their games on the Switch following Smash I think it's a safe guess that we'll get a Tekken game on the Switch in the next year or so. Probably not Tekken 8 given there's no PS4/XB1 version but maybe something like Tekken 7.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vortexeo

So do you guys think it'll take a while for the switch version of persona 5 to go on sale? SMT V went on sale pretty quick after launch so I'm quite curious if something like that will happen. I probably won't pick it up immediately since I just bought Triangle Strategy yesterday.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

JaxonH

@Vortexeo
Hard to say.

Sales seem to be dictated by necessity, which varies from game to game.

Those which are more popular and have longer legs are more likely to not see any significant sales soon after launch.

Thus far the Switch version of Persona 5 seems to be smashing it in the sales charts. Amazon has it as #23 vs the PS5 version around #350 and Xbox way below that.

So if it does go on sale, it'll likely be after the other versions drop, just because everyone wants the Switch version. But who knows, really. Anything could happen.

JaxonH

Christmas has come early 😀

Untitled

Vortexeo

@JaxonH Dude omg! You got it already? Hope you have fun!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

NintendoByNature

I am sort of regretting not getting this and getting sparks of hope instead lol. Only slightly though since I know sparks of hope will be great. Eh, I guess I'll have most of November and December to play through this when I finish sparks of hope and bayo3. At least until FE: Engage.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Vortexeo
A full 3 days early! I never get games early. This was such a nice surprise.

@NintendoByNature
Nah, Sparks of Hope looks insanely good. That said, this game is absolutely 🔥 and this port is essentially flawless. I couldn't put it down last night. This is how it was meant to be played.

Highly, highly recommended

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH sounds great. It's not a matter of if, but more of a matter of when. So I'll probably have my hands on it by black Friday.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

So, are there any specific actions I need to make sure I do to unlock all the content and third semester? I read somewhere you need certain level confidant bonds with specific characters by certain dates to unlock something or another...

Buizel

@JaxonH I believe strictly all you need to do is get the Councillor confidant to Rank 9 by 17th November to unlock the third semester.

That said, I think Faith and Justice confidants also play crucial roles in getting the "True" ending. So I would focus on maxing those out at every opportunity as well. IIRC, progression in these is limited by the story somewhat (particularly Faith), so definitely snag them when you get the opportunity.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Hero-of-WiiU

Got the game today, so far so good but anyone else have trouble with the audio during the anime looking cutscenes? I’m getting little to no audio out of them.

Hero-of-WiiU

Nintendo Network ID: Brawlman180

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic