Forums

Topic: Persona 3/4/5 for Nintendo Switch

Posts 41 to 60 of 141

Kimyonaakuma

For some reason I thought we were getting P3P and P4G before October, but that's my mistake for assuming that they would be in order
You can't release games that long (and similar) in such a short time.

I'll definitely get Persona 4 Golden on Switch, it seems like the best fit for the console. But I'm still concerned about the size of P5R. Catherine looked a little blurry but otherwise great...but the file size was big for a Switch game! And it's a few rooms and block puzzles.
Dreading to see how big it is when there's hundreds of demon models, environments and cutscenes.

-still waiting to see how P3P turns out. I was hoping we would get a proper remake. It's not like the character models are already made or anything....

Kimyonaakuma

JoeDiddley

I played vanilla Persona 5 last year on PS3 as I gave up waiting on a Switch port. I think Switch will handle it fine.

I’m really glad the games are coming, and I want to support them, but I do have Persona 3/4/5 elsewhere, so I’m torn.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Maxenmus

To be honest, I don't even know if I want to replay Persona 5 the "Royal Extra Edition" with "extra content." I played Persona 5 once and forgot about it. It's great that Atlus is celebrating their Persona 25th anniversary with such a big celebration of three remasters (while having a rather pitiful SMT 30th anniversary celebration with no major titles/remasters aside from a delayed SMT V they were gonna release years ago, and some concert), but with so many games coming out and quite a lot of old 3DS SMT games I haven't played yet (games which Atlus hasn't bothered to do remastered ports for other platforms at all, even though they're no more older than Persona 4 and 5), playing Persona 5: Extended Cut isn't exactly on my radar for the next few years.

I mean, instead of doing Soul Hackers 2, of which its previews and trailers were received poorly before it even got released (looking like you're trying to do a Persona game meets SMT to build a bridge between both fanbases, but ending up pissing off both), couldn't you just go a remastered version of the first Soul Hackers for the Switch or PC? That game really didn't age well and could've benefited from a lot of modern SMT mechanics. You've poured so much money into Persona marketing/merchandising and practically milked the Persona franchise for all it's worth, so what's a second Soul Hackers remaster gonna cost you anyway? Also, instead of a Soul Hackers sequel, I would've much rather see a Devil Summoner Nocturne-like HD remaster with Raidou anyway. Never got to play those games so I'd have been interested if there's a remaster.

I guess I'll see if P5R's on Steam sale for $20 or something in the future. lol Gotta love those crazy Steam sales that drop once popular games into insane prices.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

GameOtaku

When are preorders for 5R going to go live? It’s right at 2 months until release and preorders for the physical have yet to go live.

GameOtaku

Ralizah

@Maxenmus To be fair, P5R is a pretty big upgrade from the original, with partially re-designed dungeons and bosses, new characters, and a decently chunky expanded story arc at the end. It makes a good game into a great one (with still really crappy combat balancing).

The remaster of Soul Hackers on 3DS sold pretty poorly, as I recall. I doubt they'll waste money trying their luck again.

Even if Soul Hackers 2 isn't received really well, its sales will still blow those of the original out of the water.

@chipia P5R is technically easier than the original, but the original was already so easy that it doesn't end up impacting much. Also, one of the boss fights is actually made quite a bit harder, and the new final boss in the third semester is a good step up in difficulty from the base game's main boss.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Fizza

@GameOtaku I didn't even know there was a physical version. I assumed it was eShop exclusive?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Neph

@Fizza 3+4 are but from what I recall P5R is supposed to be physical as well

Neph

Switch Friend Code: SW-5770-3159-1125

XandertheWise

I wouldnt mind having either Persona 4 "Golden" or Persona 5 for my Switch but i still have plain Persona 4 and Persona 5 for my Playstation 3.

Persona 5 still would go nice with Persona 5 Strikers which I do have for my Switch Lite

XandertheWise

GameOtaku

@Fizza
Yeah P5R is getting a physical release on Switch and other platforms according to Atlus.

GameOtaku

Magician

T-minus 52 days until P5R arrives on Switch...and still no physical preorder outside of Japan. I'm beginning to feel P5R will get a 90 second spot in the next Direct and perhaps preorders will go live shortly after? I don't know. Hey Atlus, my money's ready when you are.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GameOtaku

@Magician
I’m wondering if they are going to pull something like it’ll be only available on the Atlus Shop. I’ve no idea why preorders aren’t being taken so close to launch.

GameOtaku

JaxonH

I've been waiting on Persona 5 Royal Switch preorders too.

Nier Automata is up at retailers and on the eShop. So is No Man's Sky. And Mario Rabbids. And Bayonetta 3. And Harvestella. And Pokemon. Even DQ Treasures, and that's a December release. Practically every other game dropping this year is up for preorder...

But still no Persona 5 Royal. What's the hold up, Atlus?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Magician SMTV preorders went live shortly after the September 2021 general Direct aired even though its only presence in the Direct was a few seconds in the sizzle reel (sizzle reel starts at 27:32):

So Persona 5 Royal presence in a September Direct followed by preorders going live sounds like a likely outcome.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@AlanaHagues

Yo yo yo!

Persona 5 Royal "1 More" Edition

Game will ship on October 21st, while the Collector Edition items will ship separately in November.

https://shopatlus.com/products/p5r1me?utm_source=social&u...

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GameOtaku

@Magician
I hope that’s not the only physical edition as I said earlier. A standard physical at GameStop and Walmart would suffice.

GameOtaku

Magician

@GameOtaku Now that it's listed on Atlus's site, I figure it should be available from most retailers in Murica. But there was a stretch of time recently where I thought the physical wasn't happening. Atlus sure have taken their sweet time getting the physical out there and available.

GameOtaku

@Magician
I’ve checked GameStop and no listings for it have shown up.

Edit checked Target and it was available there but apparently all preorders have sold out

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Magician

@GameOtaku Give it a little more time, I wouldn't worry. It's up on Gamefly. They're an alright gauge for what gets released physically. I assume retailer listings will follow after shortly.

Edited on by Magician

GameOtaku

@Magician
It’s up on other stores and it’s sold out everywhere. Why in the world didn’t they open preorders up when it was announced?

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic