Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 15,461

Grumblevolcano

Youtube is at it again, lots of recommendations of past Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

That’s it, with all these rumours and predictions, I’m gonna start playing the X-Files theme music every time I open up this thread. The truth is out there... or maybe not.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Maaryotyme

My friend John who also works with me says the direct is next week. He knows his stuff. He also knows when it rains and when they have good deals on broadband.

Maaryotyme

FragRed

@damien33ad Nope.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

They just announced DLC and a physical release for Cadence Of Hyrule, that’s the closest anyone is getting to a new Zelda this year.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

@damien33ad Since Covid has disrupted so much, to avoid future let downs & disappointment, I'm not expecting much in the way of directs. If there are directs in the near future, I think they may continue to have a narrower focus than we're used to. I think Nintendo's capacity is very reduced with covid, and they've much less up their sleeve as a result. "Narrow focus" = only reveal one game per direct, maybe some little third party things, or dlc's along with it. I welcome some ports and BOTW 2, but I get the feeling we may not see anything about BOTW 2 until 2021. I'm not trying to be a bummer, I'm just tired of hoping for things that covid has delayed indefinitely.

If BOTW 2 does happens this year, FFF....TRUCK YEAHHH!!!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Don

@damien33ad
Thank you for the video link. Unfortunately I won’t be able to sit through an hour and half of this, especially if it’s a speculation video. Would you happen to know around what segment of the video they talk about the Mario remasters and the predicted Direct date?

Don

Anti-Matter

LOL
I'm not waiting for Zelda games from the upcoming Direct.
I'm waiting for another Casual games like during Wii / NDS era.
I know that i'm totally different gamer here.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

damien33ad wrote:

Jeff Grub, whoever just linked the Nintendo Shack podcast watched it and he is real deal. He says Direct is coming. I have faith.

He's got pretty much everything right so far. I think he perhaps truly does have an uncle who works at Nintendo.

When he wrote a calendar thing for August, he put Nintendo somewhere between 11th and 21st. So whatever it is should be this coming week!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking about how the next Animal Crossing info ties into the announcements schedule. Summer wave 2 update has the last event happening on August 30th (Fireworks is every Sunday in August of which August 30th is the last Sunday of the month) so we'll likely find out about the next Animal Crossing update around late August.

I initially thought the pumpkin was a hint that the update would be in October but now I think it's more likely there'll be a bigger update in September that covers both September and October events like how the April update covered April - June.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Euler

I think Breath of the Wild 2 probably won’t come out this year, but it’s underrated by the conventional wisdom. Development began before June 2019 and after all DLC for the first one was completed (December 2017). It was originally meant to be just more DLC, but turned into a new game as the developers had more ideas. So in theory they could’ve started right at the beginning of 2018. That would give us a three year development cycle if released in December 2020, certainly reasonable for a ROM-hack sequel. I’d still bet against it, as they’d want more than just a few months to market a game of that scope and of course COVID is likely to delay it to some extent. Then again, whatever major holiday release they have planned will only get a few months of marketing as they skipped E3 and haven’t given us much news since. And a game we’ve actually been told about is always a better bet than a game we haven’t been told about. We’re truly in uncharted waters. I’d probably buy at 10 cents, sell at 20.

Edited on by Euler

Euler

Octane

@Euler I don't think the entire Zelda team worked on the DLC. Generally people move to a new project once they're wrapping up the current one. So planning stages for a sequel could've started in 2016 for all we know. 2020 is definitely possible, but it's Nintendo and it's 2020, so I'd bet against it as well.

Octane

FragRed

@damien33ad I just listened to the first part of the podcast, he may say different later, but what Jeff says is that yes the remasters are real and they are coming but they may come early next year though he thinks it will be this year. I still don't hold out faith like that Rebecca that they exist just like I don't believe with everything that has been happening this year and the way Nintendo has been revealing things and doing Directs, that there will be any general Directs. I can see an Indie World Direct though as that makes a lot of sense and is much easier to put together.

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Euler I don't think the entire Zelda team worked on the DLC.

Apparently the team was about 300 people. I think it would be a bit tragic if it had taken all of them to make that extreme asset-reusing DLC. I enjoyed the hell out of it, but it was quite lazy from the development perspective. Lol when you realize that Blood and Wine sold for a similar price, ha.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy 95% of DLC is very overpriced IMO. Witcher 3 DLC is pretty much the exception.

Octane

MarioBrickLayer

@Euler it wouldn't surprise me if BOTW2 development (storyboarding story ideas etc) began before BOTW was released, they changed the release plab to maje it a Switch launch title, they may not have had a huge amount to do in 2016 and 2017.

MarioBrickLayer

JoyBoy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy 95% of DLC is very overpriced IMO. Witcher 3 DLC is pretty much the exception.

Witcher 3 dlc is better than the base game. Same with Fromsoft games.

That said, I did really enjoy the Zelda dlc.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

@Octane

DLC seems to be a couple of completely different things going under the same label nowadays. There's cases where the developer clearly wanted to make a genuine "expansion pack" type thing, like Blood and Wine or Xenoblade Torna, which is a serious meaty addition to the core game, and has a clear reason why it wasn't included in the original product (in the case of both of those 2, they required entire new maps to be built).
Then there's just the cheap reuse of assets for some kind of novelty add-on. Like all of the Breath of the Wild DLC and the Fire Emblem DLC. Those both reek of a developer deciding to do DLC for purely financial reasons, before they'd decided what they even wanted to do.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic